Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

That's a very low bar for what we used to be though. We have to constantly qualify by citing age and another struggling young striker for pretty mediocre play and numbers.

Honestly, I don't expect much from him. Squad player looks about right right now unless he's been shy and hid the best of his game so far. Sorry I just don't see it. 🤷‍♂️

He hasn't even played 2 full seasons of senior football yet, squad player is what he's meant to be. 

The fact that he's our starting striker is the biggest concern.  Would have been ideal to have a more experienced striker like a Giroud/Diego Costa type to take the pressure off him. 

Liverpool can rely on Salah, Jota, Gakpo, Nunez....Spurs have Son, Arsenal has Jesus, Saka, City has Haaland/Alvarez....and who do we have a 22 year old project striker leading the line. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

We have to. The mistake was signing him and making him first choice with only Broja as backup. I’m hoping having Nkunku back will help his play and output. 

The lack of experience in attack (and all over the pitch) is quite concerning.   Sterling is meant to be leading from the front by getting goals/assists but I just don't see it on a consistent basis and then you have raw products looking to develop in Mudryk/Madueke....and our only player who looks like scoring is Palmer. 

Dippers aren't that good. As per usual the media are making them out to be the most #superduperbrilliantsexistteamofalltime🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I guarantee City will reel them in and I suspect Le Arsé will too if Lego Pep doesn't lose the plot. 

However, it is hard for me to say what will happen today as we are essentially an unreliable mid-table team. We may get battered, but equally we may be better than them all game and nick it. 

I would love nothing more than to beat them but I suspect, the best result at most for us, will be another snoozefest draw.

I think we are holding the record for most consecutive draws in 90 minutes with them which is getting ridicilous but I will take it tonight.

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Listened to several media today and the Liverpool/ Klopp lovefest that sees this match as a must liverpool win and just a formality in reasserting a five point lead. Not even hiding their bias, embarrassing.

Poch hasn't exactly pushed back in these situations. Seems passive to me. Even when saying the right things, the intensity is just not there. 

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Poch hasn't exactly pushed back in these situations. Seems passive to me. Even when saying the right things, the intensity is just not there. 

That's true, hes pretty insipid. My main point is the blatant media bias.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

No Mudryk, Madueke starts and Palmer f9

It's over before it even begun

Cj8Ogu.gif

I dont think it is over. Sterling, Madueke, and Palmer forward with Chilwell joining them should be a lot of speed versus the high line Pool likes to play. Mudryk has the speed but his passing is almost as bad as his finishing.  Adding Nkunku to the attack in the second half may be good against tired legs. 

It is our defenders that will decide the match.

heh I really don't see all that importance in the starting XI. The issue the club has today isn't about that, but the roster.

It's an extremely difficult fixture against a far better side and away from home. The only silver lining is Salah's absence, but we will need to work very hard to take anything out of this match.

The lineup points exactly to that: hard working team to cause them trouble.