Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea

Think we've just lost to the title winners. No shame in that this game was always going to be a loss unless something crazy happened. Mean we ended our run of draws with them...though the penalty wins for them as down as a loss for us really sooooo...

They're not our rivals. Just a game we have to play! 

Edited by Laylabelle

We desrved what we got but performance aside, two clear penalties just brushed over like it's nothing needs to be discussed a lot more. It's just not acceptable.

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

Potch ain't it man. He just isn't it.

He may very well not be, but we need players not a manager.

Our best players would sit on the Liverpool bench. Some of our players wouldn’t make their roster.

it does not matter if so and so player will be great 2 years from now, we need players who can come in and face off against top players right now or we will struggle.

Can’t really understand how one watches this game and thinks what if player X had started… been outplayed in all areas from start to finish.

That last goal was sickening. Talk about desire and complete lack of any.

Recent results masked how bad we truly are. Will the board wake up before February 25th?

"Have Chelsea improved from last season? Yes, but they couldn't be much worse.

They need to be patient with Mauricio Pochettino, but Chelsea looked like a bang average mid-table team"

Not sure how patient can be...pitch us as mid table and we're where we should be

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Do you still hold to this opinion? How adorably naive you are to think we can win this game 😆

I would not call it naive when we have drawn with them 7 games in a row. The last time with the kids we have now. It would really suck to support a team that with that history you are going to be gloom and doom about. Before this game started we had the most points in the PL in in January. We have been in good form. If you take pleasure in shitting on a team that has been performing that well, that is you.

9 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I would not call it naive when we have drawn with them 7 games in a row. The last time with the kids we have now. It would really suck to support a team that with that history you are going to be gloom and doom about. Before this game started we had the most points in the PL in in January. We have been in good form. If you take pleasure in shitting on a team that has been performing that well, that is you.

It's the hope that kills you...

Sorry dumb question. By most points in pl in Jan is that for this season or others? Cause if for this season we've only played 1 league game in Jan up till now..sorry if mis understood! 

Edited by Laylabelle

13 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It was a home game at the beginning of the season where fitness alone made everybody fair game.

Since then, they improved so much that their level of play is simply not attainable by our team. We play slower, more ponderous on the ball, and a Lot less clinical up front. We just don’t have the players to compete with them.

im not sure being satisfied with the mediocrity shown by this club is helpful either.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

It was a home game at the beginning of the season where fitness alone made everybody fair game.

Since then, the improved so much that their level of play is not attainable by our team. We simply play slower, more ponderous on the ball, and a Lot less clinical up front. We simply don’t have the player to compete with them.

im not sure being satisfied with the mediocrity shown by this club is helpful either.

I dont think it is a matter of satisfaction but we have been winning lately and the opportunity to move up is there. I am an optimistic person. We are going through this new reality that the owners are not going to go out an buy the prime players in their mid to late 20s. Their approach is looking bleak, especially for all the money they have spent. It has, to this point, been a bad approach for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

It's the hope that kills you...

Sorry dumb question. By most points in pl in Jan is that for this season or others? Cause if for this season we've only played 1 league game in Jan up till now..sorry if mis understood! 

I tried to look at the graph that the Premier League put in a tweet, it was not January. It was the past 5 games, that tweet was of course before tonight. We had 4W and 1L. Liverpool had 3W and 2D. So we had dropped 3 points in the past 5 and Liverpool had dropped 4 points. I think it was our best 5 game string this year.

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This was the graph

Hehe that’s nitpicking though. Lots of international breaks and pretty easy matches for us.

I’m personally not worried about results. Just wish I saw any improvement t like you do. I think the team has reached its limit at this time and it’s nowhere good enough.

some of the players like madueke simply do not belong at this level, at least not right now.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Hehe that’s nitpicking though. Lots of international breaks and pretty easy matches for us.

I’m personally not worried about results. Just wish I saw any improvement t like you do. I think the team has reached its limit at this time and it’s nowhere good enough.

some of the players like madueke simply do not belong at this level, at least not right now.

Tbf, it is hard to see improvement when we are constantly shuffling players. I find it a step backwards that we have not been playing the ball through the middle better. Seasons are full of false dawns for just about everyone lately. De Zerbi was getting loads of praise at the beginning of the year and he now has 3 wins in 17 games. It is like a cycle of how can be shit at different stages of the season.

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Madueke is crystal palace level at best, even there he would be behind eze or olise.

Hate when the club buys clumsy players. 

Crazy to lose 4-1 even with Nunez playing crossbar challenge. I have hope with Nkunku, Carney and hopefully Colwill returning in the weekend. But don’t see how they line up in 3 weeks and compete in a final against this Liverpool side. They are levels above