Luton 2-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

16 minutes ago, lucio said:

Should have signed onana over donkceido, way more imposing and better on the ball 

Nicolò Barella

Inter would have taken €90m

which is only £78m

£37m LESS than Caicedo

Edited by Vesper

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nicolò Barella

which is only £78m

£37m LESS than Caicedo

Bastoni would have been far cheaper than Fofana, too. I have no idea why we're insistent on buying players from those in the EPL, as most are largely overpriced, with much better value being available elsewhere on the continent. 

I dont think they will but be nice if Lutoj stay up. They do show so much determination and if wasnt for the bar and the odd bit of decent defending could've taken something from us

8 wins...8 losses. Least a bit balance 

Edited by Laylabelle

Yes 3-2 is ridiculous considering we were coasting and I'm not happy, but:

- Teams struggle there

- Earlier in the season maybe we concede and end a draw

- Rode our luck completely and traditionally this season it's gone against us

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

fulham next at home

we can get 3 wins a row.

no excuses

With MU lose Today, we are within 3 points with them, Brighton and Newcastle. All 3 teams are in quite bad shape, would be nice if we overtook in the next couple of weeks.

We are in reminiscent of the Vialli era - where we played decent good attacking football but were soft and it was widely known all you needed to do was to “get amongst them” and we’d fold like a cheap suit. 

It’s the manager’s job to demand toughness and work rate from his players. 

Edited by Chuckso

53 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

With MU lose Today, we are within 3 points with them, Brighton and Newcastle. All 3 teams are in quite bad shape, would be nice if we overtook in the next couple of weeks.

after fulham fixture our easy run end and we have tough games but lets see. maybe with others players fit will be able to get some nice results 

Funny thing is, before the match I expected us to waste a ton of chances. During, I said that I'd rather have taken our extraordinary ruthlessness in a tight match and in the end it turned out to be exactly that. Any less of a clinical, ruthless display in front of goal today and we would have lost. Not to mention all three finishes were of sublime quality. So credit to Luton for still putting up a fight and requiring an incredible conversion rate from our side, 2 woodwork hits and worldclass save to be beaten. While on their visit to the bridge they were quite rough today they played proper football instead of kicking our players out of furstration.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Nicolò Barella

which is only £78m

£37m LESS than Caicedo

But again whilst Barella is a very rounded player he isn’t exactly a holding midfielder or particularly defensively minded. So wouldn’t of made sense but sure that calibre of player would of been available for close to or the same as Moises no doubt. 

NB does play a lot more as that more attack minded midfielder, regularly getting in the sort of half spaces similarly to like where Silva/de Bruyne had done for City under Pep for a while. He is also renowned for making a lot of those runs - underlaps (I think thats how they would describe it 😂?)-  past their wingbacks as well as getting into the box. Maybe Gerrard is a good comparison for him. He can do that at Inter as they play him on the sides of a 3 but us signing Barella as a like for like to play instead of Caicedo when we look more like a 4231 team most weeks would probably not work.

To restrict him to a more sort of defensively minded position would be stupid. If anything, signing him instead of Enzo may have made sense tactically as he has a different role. Enzo is definitely the more freed up of the two when they play next to each other or more recently Connor. Moises was bought to be that bit more defensively minded and his role (& Lavia when he plays) has to be more for bringing balance to the team. Barella wouldn’t of done that, restricting his best qualities. It is weird though they play Mkhktaryan and the Turkish lad in central MF too.

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But again whilst Barella is a very rounded player he isn’t exactly a holding midfielder or particularly defensively minded. So wouldn’t of made sense but sure that calibre of player would of been available for close to or the same as Moises no doubt. 

NB does play a lot more as that more attack minded midfielder, regularly getting in the sort of half spaces similarly to like where Silva/de Bruyne had done for City under Pep for a while. He is also renowned for making a lot of those runs - underlaps (I think thats how they would describe it 😂?)-  past their wingbacks into the box. He can do that at Inter as they play him on the sides of a 3 but us signing Barella as a like for like to play instead of Caicedo when we look more like a 4231 team most weeks would probably not work.

To restrict him to a more sort of defensively minded position would be stupid. If anything, signing him instead of Enzo may have made sense tactically as he has a different role. Enzo is definitely the more freed up of the two when they play next to each other or more recently Connor. Moises was bought to be that bit more defensively minded and his role (& Lavia when he plays) has to be more for bringing balance to the team. Barella wouldn’t of done that, restricting his best qualities. It is weird though they play Mkhktaryan and the Turkish lad in central MF too.

I would have taken Barella in the fernandez role instead as well. Far superior player albeit Fernandez may still become better.

But Caicedo was always going to be a failure. i was lukaku-level certain that he would be a bust from the outset. It is not only about the price tag but where did Boehly got the idea that you need to spend 100m+ on a fkin DM. Pick any DM available for 60m or less and he would have done a better job than Caicedo. It is this weird idea that we need to have the best possible super young player for every position no matter the price. At some point Boehly will learn that sometimes you should just buy the finished product. But I fear he has another few billions to burn on braindead transfers till he does.