Luton 2-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

41 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

This is the reaction we should expect from our manager - the Fergie hair dryer treatment - rather than the high-fiving and satisfaction he showed at the final whistle. 

Edited by Chuckso

That game was too nerve wracking. I was so close to not watching those last few minutes as my heart was racing up and down. Although we conceded 2 late on and were close to conceding 3, I thought the defence generally done well. If they did get back, Poch would defo had to take a lot of the blame. I think he left Sterling on the bench to teach him a lesson after his selfish display against Wolves, but we really could of done with him in the second half for the counter attack and added attacking threat.

Palmer brilliant but I do believe with the nature of the game as we were being dominated heavily for the past 20 minutes, he should have come off for Sterling. Palmer is very good attackingly, however when being dominated is not as effective in terms of keeping up with the defence side as he is not blisteringly fast so sometimes the game can run past him. Noticed it against United too. Couple times or more yesterday, Chong was racing through our midfield and Palmer was doing his best to catch him but could not to a point where I wanted Palmer to get a yellow card just to take one for the team. But we were being trapped by Luton and no escape route. Thankfully we held on to the win but like I say I also think Poch's lack of subs did not help. 

Can we finally do something we have not managed to do all season against Fulham? Get 3 league wins on the trot? Hopefully not... Nice to end 2023 on a win anyway as a Luton equalizer would have ruined my whole evening tonight.