Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

James

8 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I am in London for the weekend, can anyone help me with the tickets for the match? 

Thank you in advance 😊

If you have the money  use one of the clubs official ticket sellers  https://www.chelseafc.com/en/official-sellers 

If you have silly money to spare there will be touts outside - wouldnt recommend this route at all

9 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I am in London for the weekend, can anyone help me with the tickets for the match? 

Thank you in advance 😊

No chance of finding tickets for this game they are like gold dust.

If you have the budget check out the Club Chelsea Matchday packages. 👍🏼

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Without Jackson we are screwed. 

With Jackson, Broja and obviously Nkunku all out who do we even play as striker? All of our remaining attacking options suck as false 9 or have never played there. Our best option would probably be to park the bus for a 0-0 if we really can not field a striker here.

Here I go again, going against my usual pessimistic nature and letting myself think "maybe we will win.. no, we WILL win" fast forward to tonight when I refuse to open any internet tabs 🤣

PREVIEW: Chelsea vs Arsenal - One change to lineup?

The Blues are back in action!

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/preview-Chelsea-vs-arsenal-one-change

Chelsea FC vs Arsenal: Prediction, kick-off time, TV, live stream, team  news, h2h results, odds | Evening Standard

Thankfully, domestic football is back, and thankfully, that means Chelsea are playing football again!

It’s great to be in a moment where I can actually say this, and I hope that continues. I understand the tough tests are really coming now - that starts on Saturday.

Chelsea welcome Arsenal to Stamford Bridge for the 5.30pm kick off in front of the TV cameras. You don’t need me to tell you how huge this game is and the rivalry that it brings, and I am sure that Mauricio Pochettino and the players will not need anyone to tell them that either.

Mike Arteta’s side are currently second in the league and they have a win probability of 41% for the game. Chelsea have a win probability of 31%.

The Gunners have won 6 and drawn 2 so far this season. They will obviously be on a high off the back of beating current Premier League champions Manchester City in their last game and leapfrogging them in the league.

But they are not indispensable. Our other London rivals Tottenham and Fulham both got draws against them this season, and they have actually been beaten this term in the Champions League, losing 2-1 to Lens.

Chelsea will certainly fancy something out of this and will much appreciate being the underdogs.

The Blues have lost 83 games against Arsenal since their first meeting in 1907, they have won 66, and drawn 58.

Chelsea have not beaten Arsenal since 2021, when they went there and won 2-0 with goals coming from Romelu Lukaku and Reece James. Chelsea have lost every game to them since and have actually only won 1 game against Arsenal in their last 8 games.

Now would be the perfect time to turn that around.

Pochettino is boosted by some good injury news for once. Despite a small setback, or as I understand it more just a precaution from Chelsea, Reece James has trained this week, so has Armando Broja, Cole Palmer, Axel Disasi, Nicolas Jackson, and Benoit Badiashile after recent injury scares.

I’d be very surprised if James (despite his positive posts), Badiashile, and Broja are risked from the start, but I believe Palmer, Jackson, and Disasi should be OK to start.

With that in mind, I can see Pochettino only making one change from our 4-1 thrashing of Burnley last weekend. I think he will go with the same team that started, but with Broja coming out for Jackson up top.

I don’t see him dropping Marc Cucurella, because he has been doing well, and I don’t see how you can drop Raheem Sterling, Palmer, or any of the other midfielders really. As I’ve said, the only way I see this changing is if any players are deemed fatigued or not able to start.

So with that in mind, here is my predicted Xl to take on Arsenal:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F919d1072-8844-4e34-8e78-1065e1339cdc_552x527.png

I asked you guys to pick your starting Xl in the polls earlier this week as well, and you have basically picked the same as the above, except the majority want to see Malo Gusto start over Cucurella, and I agree with that. I just don’t think Poch will.

In terms of result - I have to predict a Chelsea loss again purely because that’s what I’ve been doing lately and we have actually been winning, so I’m rolling with that. But secretly, I am nervous for sure, but I’m actually feeling slightly optimistic we might get something out of this (do NOT tell anyone).

I think the players will be well up for this game, as tough as it will be. Arteta will have his team well drilled, and it’s going to be a real battle - one for the neutrals perhaps.

But I’m excited for it, so lets go Chelsea!!!

UTC

Simon Phillips

Feels like it’s been 2 months since we last played. I have no idea at all what sort of match to expect with so many players from both sides returning from all over the world. 

All I can really hope for is that we go toe to toe with them and don’t act like scared punks. 

2 hours ago, turgi said:

Apparently jews are not allowed at Stamford Bridge anymore.

https://x.com/sharon_nissim/status/1715698423033184474?t=wExHbKWXXDkDlDYPtgNPpw&s=08

This guy also claims that Noussair Mazraoui supports Hamas. He is not a reliable source and is very biased