Burnley 1-4 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

I don't expect much from teenagers at this level: ups and downs are common. Lavia in particular has not been tested at this level at all.

The biggest adjustment was already made, which was to move Enzo deeper; he already played much better, which improved our overall play a lot. Still cannot shoot to save his life, but at least contributed a lot more in midfield.

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is so puzzling. as he is deadly accurate with his passes

yeah I know. I think it has to do with balance. His posture when taking early shots seems off and he ends up hitting under the ball a lot, which in turn sends it to row z.

It does not seem like his a natural in that regard, but hopefully he's working to improve it. No, I don't think he'll turn in Lamps and start scoring for fun, but I do hope he gets a goal here and there during a season... become a bit more of a goal threat.

I think Carney won't play in the middle esp against stronger sides: he will go into the left wing, because of Mudryk's defending. Well, we will see after this match, prob against Arsenal.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Still cannot shoot to save his life

Majority of goals he scored are out of the box. Some screamers as well. He is capable of great shots. He is not Lampard but he is not Kovacic also. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Majority of goals he scored are out of the box. Some screamers as well. He is capable of great shots. He is not Lampard but he is not Kovacic also. 

I sure hope so, but where? Portugal I suppose.

I mentioned posture above, and also "early shots" because it's a characteristic of the PL. You get less time on the ball, which also means less time to take a shot. So, yeah he can improve on that, but honestly he needs to first start hitting it on goal, low, then we will talk about getting it in the back of the net.

So, I suspect that has something to do with it 👆

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I sure hope so, but where? Portugal I suppose.

I mentioned posture above, and also "early shots" because it's a characteristic of the PL. You get less time on the ball, which also means less time to take a shot. So, yeah he can improve on that, but honestly he needs to first start hitting it on goal, low, then we will talk about getting it in the back of the net.

So, I suspect that has something to do with it 👆

In Argentina, River, Benfica... someone made this list of his 10 goals and 5 are shots outside the box but a couple of them inside like the one against Mexico on WC are also great. I also remember goal in friendly for Argentina also great shot outside of the box. I think he will score more often soon for us. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

In Argentina, River, Benfica... someone made this list of his 10 goals and 5 are shots outside the box but a couple of them inside like the one against Mexico on WC are also great. I also remember goal in friendly for Argentina also great shot outside of the box. I think he will score more often soon for us. 

yeah that's what I thought. I'd call against Mexico in the WC similar level to Portugal though, and although a great finish, it wasn't w/ power but a curl. Not a whole lot of powerful shots from outside of the box actually. River is much lower level of opposition and Portugal.

Makes me more convinced it's the pace of the PL, so perhaps an adjustment here and there will help.

I'd not even consider friendlies because they are a different sport; would be akin to "flag football" in the US. 😅

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It is such a myth that Enzo ever was good at shooting in competitive matches. A myth so stubborn it even enticed Poch to disastrously push him up to no 10. His fluke goal at the WC is his only international goal in 25 games and last goal for over 30 matches at competitive level for a reason. He is a miniscule number of goals for Bentica at already parlous Portuguese league . His majority goals he scored at teenagers vs part timers in Argentina where he has ages on the ball.  I woudl expect any professional player to bang them in in training or training-like conditions. Pinning our hopes at him improving his shooting magically is foolish. It is only bc we overpaid hopelessly for him and he has that lucky WC title that people think he is Zidane regen when be barely is a slightly more physical Jorginho 

He could score a lot more goals just by composure and passing the ball around the keeper instead of trying to hit balls with 1000mph power. I think he will pick it up over time but not expecting a huge number of goals from him. 

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Excited about this one, can we go as high as 3 wins in a row??

I expect good performance from Nico, and he shouldn’t even think about getting a yellow card.

Last time we did that was March...surely we can do it again be lovely 

Happy for Broja, deserves it after last game and good for him to get a run.

Would have liked to see NJ playing somewhere, but I guess I understand Poch's reasoning against too.

Poch can’t have less than 2 players out of position. Palmer ist not a winger. Why not Mudryk who should be firing after his debut goal and bring the ever frustrating Sterling back? Well we should win this in any case. I just hope the penny has dropped for this team finally