West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Bizarre but I'm happy that rat has gone. He was 100% snaking every authorities decision behind the scenes last season. Its written all over his chevvy chase.

I think will be Caicedo Enzo and Gallagher as a 3 in MF. Don’t think Lavia will start. Plus Gallagher turned a pretty bad first half performance around last week and played quite well second half which probably merits him staying in the team IMO. Would give us a nice blend in there too bit. Lavia, Enzo and Caicedo as a 3 v West Ham is too defensive minded IMO. Would say in bigger games yes use it but most weeks would say Enzo Caicedo and Gallagher until Nkunku’s back fit should be the go to. Then Lavia can rotate/play in cups to get a footing in the team.

Would say going with a back 4 of Gusto, Disasi, Silva and Colwill at LB would also be a good move to give us more height and aerial presence at set plays. Disasi especially, he is 6 ft 3 and his effectiveness aerially in both boxes is meant to be a huge strength. Plus Colwill at LB gives us the flexibility to push Gusto right on high and wide and have Levi tuck in centrally a bit to go to more of a back 3 in possession.

Be interesting to see what Poch does either way.

Agree that Gallagher is a decent player, but if a club like Chelsea is relying on him as a starter, then that sets a limit, and it's not a high one.

I personally think our attack is shit. Like really really shit... not top10 material. I do think they can prove me wrong and be top6 material, but top4 is unattainable, again, IMO.

40 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agree that Gallagher is a decent player, but if a club like Chelsea is relying on him as a starter, then that sets a limit, and it's not a high one.

I personally think our attack is shit. Like really really shit... not top10 material. I do think they can prove me wrong and be top6 material, but top4 is unattainable, again, IMO.

If Nkunku was fit I’d like to think Poch would of used him as a 10 behind Jackson/a CF. Or you’d hope thats the sort of end game for it.

Him in that 10 role with 2 pacey wingers (whoever from Sterling, Noni, Mudryk) on the sides and Enzo and Caicedo dovetailing to make up the midfield. Would be a pretty good team with a regular goalscoring CF, a top GK and if our back 4 stayed fit.

Re Gallagher, on paper he is the only other really advanced attack minded midfield player we have though as the likes of Enzo, Caicedo, Santos and Lavia are much more suited to box to box or deeper roles. Gallagher has a real tendency to get in the box a lot although yes, you wouldn’t rely on him starting every week for a top top team. A MF 3 of Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo is pretty defensive minded or it seems that way on paper, considering Caicedo and Lavia are much more renowned for their defensive attributes and theres no obvious signs of the 3 of them chipping in with goals. Enzo again really only the creative one out of the three of them also but again, not a regular goalscorer and wouldn’t say its in his game to be one where as say you could see it from the likes of Jude Bellingham for example.

Yes Enzo showed he can affect the game more in that box to box role v Liverpool than he did as a more disciplined, deeper lying midfield last season but I still think people expecting him to play as an out and out 10 or the most furthest advanced in a midfield 3 of him, Moises and Lavia are expecting something very unrealistic as I don’t think that Poch will use that MF at all barring maybe the tougher games where it will be a bit more scrappier/tougher.

Lucas Paqueta: West Ham midfielder withdrawn from Brazil squad amid FA and FIFA betting investigation

Investigation is believed to centre around Paqueta getting booked in games, with the bets being placed in Brazil; Paqueta denies placing any bets himself; FA and Man City have declined to comment

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/12942766/lucas-paqueta-west-ham-midfielder-withdrawn-from-brazil-squad-amid-fa-and-fifa-betting-investigation

The investigation is believed to centre around Paqueta getting booked in games, with the bets being placed in Brazil, and the 25-year-old will now miss World Cup qualifiers against Peru and Bolivia in September.

Brazil interim head coach Fernando Diniz said: "Paqueta was on the list. He's a player I like a lot. It's a time for him to resolve these issues. People need time to sort out these issues. He's a player I love."

He was booked nine times for club and country last season.

Paqueta, who is willing to cooperate in any way with any investigation, says he has not placed any bets himself and is shocked by reports.

An £80m deal for Paqueta to join Man City has almost been agreed and could still happen if the issue is cleared up quickly.

In the meantime, Paqueta is focused on playing for West Ham.

Hopefully Poch has hammered it into the lads all week that the one thing we cannot do is give away silly fouls anywhere near our box with Ward-Prowse now there. Remember the last time we played Southampton a few months ago he curled one in after one of our players gave away an extremely idiotic fouls right at the end he of our box. Knew the second the whistle blew that he’d score.

Honestly, I might be tempted to use the back 3 system again for one more weekend here. Until Lavia is ready next weekend. Having w CB’s back there to deal with Michail Antonio and their counter attack. 

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully Poch has hammered it into the lads all week that the one thing we cannot do is give away silly fouls anywhere near our box with Ward-Prowse now there. Remember the last time we played Southampton a few months ago he curled one in after one of our players gave away an extremely idiotic fouls right at the end he of our box. Knew the second the whistle blew that he’d score.

Honestly, I might be tempted to use the back 3 system again for one more weekend here. Until Lavia is ready next weekend. Having w CB’s back there to deal with Michail Antonio and their counter attack. 

Ward-prowse is the best set piece taker the premier League has ever seen, and yes he's better than Beckham.

9 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Ward-prowse is the best set piece taker the premier League has ever seen, and yes he's better than Beckham.

Southgate wouldn’t take him or Maddison though. England would have won the euros with him 

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Southgate wouldn’t take him or Maddison though. England would have won the euros with him 

Agreed it was an utter disgrace non of them went, it's a disgrace Gareth is stil in the job tbh but that's a different story, spurs and west ham have themselves 2 great players.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Investigation is believed to centre around Paqueta getting booked in games, with the bets being placed in Brazil; Paqueta denies placing any bets himself; FA and Man City have declined to comment

WTF is up with PL footballers being involved in betting? Aren't they earning enough? Helping some relatives this way? Blackmailed into this? Just addiction?

What's the point of risking career for 1000$ return? Because to earn actual money one would have to bet high and betting million on someone getting carded in some shithole bookie in undeveloped country will raise alert in all investigating agencies possible