The Next Manager?

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

What TF is taking so long with appointing someone. Must be PR games to get us desperate enough that we'll be happy just having any manager at all.

Isn't this crucial time to work with the Directors on the squad?

I mean Poch left less than a week ago and we aren't even in June yet. They took several weeks to hire Poch so this one might take till the end of this week at least. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Guess we’re gonna be linked with like 5 Leicester players soon… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I don't think so when they've literally let a manager go telling him Shields, Winstanely etc are leading the transfers. 

Growing belief that Enzo Maresca will be Chelsea’s new manager #cfc

Chelsea approach #LCFC for formal permission to negotiate with Enzo Maresca. Story with @JPercyTelegraph

Enzo Maresca is Chelsea's No. 1 target as new head coach. Chelsea have today asked #lcfc for official permission to speak with Maresca over the job. Now appears v likely to happen this week. Story with @SamWallaceTel #cfc

I mean, he seems like a good coach in the same way that McKenna seems like a good coach. But it feels like both are at good clubs and should stay where they are. If they performed well over this entire upcoming PL season then they’re probably ready for a massive job like Chelsea.

Big time risk, this. A Potter level risk.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I mean, he seems like a good coach in the same way that McKenna seems like a good coach. But it feels like both are at good clubs and should stay where they are. If they performed well over this entire upcoming PL season then they’re probably ready for a massive job like Chelsea.

Just been on the LCFC forums, most ain't even bothered he's going 🤣

Just now, Pizy said:

Definitely. Winning the Championship with Leicester - That is like Rodgers winning the Scottish League. He was massively helped by the fact that he had players too good for the league - Vardy, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall. Even with those players, Leicester almost bottled their huge lead. 

I don't think we can draw conclusions about his tactical preparation based on this season and the owners (once again) are falling for the next shiny item in the market. I really hope Enzo turns out to be a decent coach but it will be more down to luck than judgment if that's the case. This is a crazy crazy gamble if true. 

This marisca guy gives off massive fraud vibes. It’s not even as if Leicester played some stellar season or scintillating football. They had by far the best squad and still lost 11 games and scored just 1,9 goals per game. 
I understand many were not happy with TT and his football. But no one can deny he is leagues above the coaches we have been linked with. Apparently Clownlake etc had informal talks with TT recently and he would like to come back but they acted like absolute oafs so the chance is now gone. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

RDZ just seems like the obvious choice given his previous experience with the players we have... 

I don't get it. 

Because they don't make decisions that make sense. Who knows maybe if this goes that way it'll pay off but doubt it

Granted we can't get a top manager - Alonso, Pep, Klopp - or anyone in the next tier - Emery, Enrique, Nagelsmann, Inzaghi - but there were plenty to go for - De Zerbi, Amorim, Flick. Can't believe the shortlist they've drawn up. 

Club seem obsessed with idea of finding gems where others do not, both in terms of players and managers. But its not like this guy is available for cheap - £10m to get him is what it would cost us to get pretty much anyone. I don't get it.

But I guess Joe Shields knows this guy personally, and he's the only senior figure in the club I do not feel let down by yet. So if this is him pushing for his guy, I'm down.

Either way whoever we hire deserves his fair shot and our backing until they prove they're not worth it, just because the owners / directors keep doing strange things we should not turn on the manager until he deserves it. Keep the hate where it is due imo.