The Next Manager?

Posted (edited)

Athletic sources: Kieran Mckenna, Enzo Maresca, Thomas Frank, Sebastian Hoeness, in the shortlist.

De Zerbi, Kompany are unlikely candidates. No chance of Tuchel, Conte or Mourinho. 

Edited by Strike

De Zerbi is greasier than an oil slick. Complains in February Brighton aren't big enough for me basically whoring himself out, Brighton go on a terrible run he backtracks says I love Brighton and the people. Poch body language last couple of weeks is bad he won't commit himself to Chelsea bound to be rumours in football and managerial circles that he's going to leave. Last week De Zerbi announces he's leaving Brighton also factor in the Bayern Munich role and the odds on that Ten Haag is getting sacked. I'd rather have Paula Vennells as manager than that snake.

It will be McKenna and I want all Poch out people to fully embrace it with all your heart. Because it was clear that this kind of manager would be the replacement for Poch. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Athletic sources: Kieran Mckenna, Enzo Maresca, Thomas Frank, Sebastian Hoeness, in the shortlist.

De Zerbi, Kompany are unlikely candidates. No chance of Tuchel, Conte or Mourinho. 

Clownlake rearing it's head again.

But tbf, I'm not sure if this would be worse than Potter from 2 years ago.

Potter failed miserably with a champions league winning squad full of egos bigger than him. He was never going to elevate that team.

Now that the squad has been stripped and replaced with young talent, most of which are yet to achieve anything, who knows? The incoming manager's reputation might be of little consequence.

The question is whether someone like Kenna can actually deliver in an elite league against top coaches and teams.

If Eghbali is using data from the Championship to base this claim., he is a more substantial fool than I thought.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

It will be McKenna and I want all Poch out people to fully embrace it with all your heart. Because it was clear that this kind of manager would be the replacement for Poch. 

I would be very upset if it is McKenna. Wanted a manager with a different style from Poch, McKenna tactics is very Poch like. 

McKenna would be a wild appointment but I wouldn’t put it past these owners. 

Thomas Frank hasn’t shown the kind of possession based control football that the owners are supposedly looking for. I’m wondering why his name is even on the short list. 

Enzo Maresca has worked with Joe Shields before. Could be that they go to him. 

Maresca and McKenna are very different, seriously how can you be considering both of them? I mean it is not like the manager is going to have a lot of power. You are building a squad and spent 1Billion, and yet you have no idea how you want your team to play?

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Maresca and McKenna are very different, seriously how can you be considering both of them? I mean it is not like the manager is going to have a lot of power. You are building a squad and spent 1Billion, and yet you have no idea how you want your team to play?

Watched an in depth video last night about McKenna and his tactics. It was hugely discouraging knowing that he could very well be our next manager. Doesn’t seem like he has a defined and clear cut style. Ipswhich play good footy apparently but from a data and statistics POV (which our owners are apparently obsessed with) his side are basically middle of the pack in the Championship in everything.

I get big time Potter vibes from him and his tactics. 

Maresca on the other hand has a very defined possession based style like Pep or De Zerbi but I just don’t have any faith that he’s ready to jump up to a club of our level.