The Next Manager?

Sky SportsSpanish football expert Guillem Balague told Revista de La Liga the former Barcelona boss has a deal with German giants Bayern Munich '90 per cent agreed'.

I actually reckon that's just one of those media techniques. Pep saying he wants to go to England, then Balagué saying he's in talks with Bayern... it just sounds more like 'Get your cheque books out Chelsea, I'm coming to England! But you better move fast.'

"As a player, I couldn't realise my dream to play there," he said. "But I hope, in the future, challenge to be a coach there and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there."
"That is nice and why, maybe, as I am still young, just 41, I hope to have the challenge or the opportunity to train there."

It's not like he's saying that he's going to coach in PL right now. Rather somewhere down the road.

Why are Iniesta, Xavi and Messi so good? because back in 2008 they were a shadow of what they are now. Messi was a young talent a bit rough around the edges, Iniesta and Xavi were decent midfielders but not even close to the undebatably best two playmakers in the world.

Barca were in a mess in 07/08, Pep revitalized them. Barca are as good as they are because of him, not the other way round.

I dont agree with the other poster but i also think your position is also very extreme.

Messi was recognized as a top 3 player in the world before the age of 20 for god sake, he was still amazing under Rijkaard.

Xavi?He was recognized as the best player in the 2008 Euros and was a catalyst for Spain triumph, that all happened before Pep managed his first game at Barcelona. He had amazing career before Pep and it would absolutely be ridiculous to call him just a decent midfielder. Pep arrival at Barca and Spain amazing international streak puts Xavi career in amazing category.

Iniesta? was always known to be a very talented midfielder but he didn't shine with Deco and Ronaldinho ahead of him.

Yes not everything was good before Pep arrival it was definitely an end to Ronaldinho and Rijkaard cycle. But before those two Barcelona was even a bigger mess, they absolutely revitalized Barca. I don't think many remember what Barcelona was pre Ronaldinho and Rijkaard, they were nowhere the glamorous club they are now and more closer to being a mid-table team then an elite club. While Pep, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc definitely took the club to another level and unmatched success the club had never seen before.

I absolutely think Pep accomplishment is amazing with Barca, and it is bollocks for anyone to completely discredit him because he had such an amazing squad. He had a great squad but he also got the very best out of them, which is a great accomplishment.

But i personally recognize other factors too, like he was at the right place at the right time. Even in 2006 i remember there was something special about this generation of Spanish players and remember Spain success in the Euro and the "tiki taka" football predates before Pep arrival at Barcelona.

I also think he was the perfect manager for Barcelona, he knows everything about the club and endeared by the players in the locker room giving him immediate respect.

I respect Pep accomplishment but i think it would be fair to have a level of skepticism.

That is possible, of course. I'm just wishfully thinking.

I don't blame you. It's starting to look like we won't get him which is one more step towards us being stuck with that fat cunt Benitez.

Honestly weighing up how much I think I'll enjoy going to the Bridge next year if that tumour with glasses is still in the dugout.

I dont agree with the other poster but i also think your position is also very extreme.

Messi was recognized as a top 3 player in the world before the age of 20 for god sake, he was still amazing under Rijkaard.

Xavi?He was recognized as the best player in the 2008 Euros and was a catalyst for Spain triumph, that all happened before Pep managed his first game at Barcelona. He had amazing career before Pep and it would absolutely be ridiculous to call him just a decent midfielder. Pep arrival at Barca and Spain amazing international streak puts Xavi career in amazing category.

Iniesta? was always known to be a very talented midfielder but he didn't shine with Deco and Ronaldinho ahead of him.

Yes not everything was good before Pep arrival it was definitely an end to Ronaldinho and Rijkaard cycle. But before those two Barcelona was even a bigger mess, they absolutely revitalized Barca. I don't think many remember what Barcelona was pre Ronaldinho and Rijkaard, they were nowhere the glamorous club they are now and more closer to being a mid-table team then an elite club. While Pep, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc definitely took the club to another level and unmatched success the club has never seen before.

I absolutely think Pep accomplishment is amazing with Barca, and it is bollocks for anyone to completely discredit him because he had such an amazing squad. He had a great squad but he also got the very best out of them, which is a great accomplishment.

But i personally recognize other factors too, like he was at the right place at the right time. Even in 2006 i remember there was something special about this generation of Spanish players and remember Spain success in the Euro and the "tiki taka" football predates before Pep arrival at Barcelona.

I also think he was the perfect manager for Barcelona, he knows everything about the club and endeared by the players in the locker room giving him immediate respect.

I respect Pep accomplishment but i think it would be fair to have a level of skepticism.

Another thing that people may tend to forget was Pep's position to make Messi the main focus of the team. So players like Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o were all shipped out because Guardiola wanted Messi to feel as if he was literally the man at Barca. It's something I've admired about Pep, although it came at the cost of those players have prolonged success, ultimately the gamble was needed for the long-term future of FCB

I don't blame you. It's starting to look like we won't get him which is one more step towards us being stuck with that fat cunt Benitez.

Honestly weighing up how much I think I'll enjoy going to the Bridge next year if that tumour with glasses is still in the dugout.

I don't think I can stomach seeing Benitez there next season. The only reason I've been able to put up with it so far is because I was convinced Pep would be in the dugout next season.