The Next Manager?

Guardiola can only be judged on his time at Barca. The question is to what extent this shows Guardiola's skills. Is it to Pep's credit that they performed so well? Vilanova seems to be doing even better so far. What can Pep do with players of less quality? There's no way to tell. I see no reason at all why Pep couldnt fail just as miserably as most of our managers.

Really hard one. Mourinho proved himself in his time at the Bridge and will seem to be the most obvious choice but I think Abramovich, if he has the choice will want Guardiola.

All I'm saying is, it'll be hilarious if Pep snubs Manchester City. They've basically raided his old staff from Barcelona over the last couple of months in an attempt to lure Guardiola, if he doesn't go to them they'll be left red-faced :lol:

All I'm saying is, it'll be hilarious if Pep snubs Manchester City. They've basically raided his old staff from Barcelona over the last couple of months in an attempt to lure Guardiola, if he doesn't go to them they'll be left red-faced :lol:

It'll be just as embarrassing for us if he were to go elsewhere. We've probably offered him the job a few times and have set things up for him to take over (interim manager, thin squad he could fill with his own signings etc).

It'll be just as embarrassing for us if he were to go elsewhere. We've probably offered him the job a few times and have set things up for him to take over (interim manager, thin squad he could fill with his own signings etc).

True, especially since we don't seem to have a plan b. Always going to be an uncalculated risk for us, smh -_-

I cannot understand why people want Pep? Inherited an amazing squad, including the worlds best player that consistently changes matches by himself let alone Xavi and Iniesta, it is always attack attack attack, he seems to have no plan B. Tactically I haven't seen anything special either!

It is going to be such a mistake to appoint Pep and he will get a massive pay off, Roman will finally realise he cannot achieve his dream of Barca and probably sell up! Ok maybe not the last part but..

Why are Iniesta, Xavi and Messi so good? because back in 2008 they were a shadow of what they are now. Messi was a young talent a bit rough around the edges, Iniesta and Xavi were decent midfielders but not even close to the undebatably best two playmakers in the world.

Barca were in a mess in 07/08, Pep revitalized them. Barca are as good as they are because of him, not the other way round.

Let me simplify it here.

Pep wants to coach in PL, Jose wants ti come too.

Pep won´t come to Chelsea just in case he might get fired.

Jose was already fired, wants to rule the club & Roman will never allow it.

The only coach left is your beloved Rafa.

Why are Iniesta, Xavi and Messi so good? because back in 2008 they were a shadow of what they are now. Messi was a young talent a bit rough around the edges, Iniesta and Xavi were decent midfielders but not even close to the undebatably best two playmakers in the world.

Barca were in a mess in 07/08, Pep revitalized them. Barca are as good as they are because of him, not the other way round.

Perhaps you are both right?!

Just saying that it is difficult to assess cause and consequence sometimes, especially because we don't have the behind the scenes info. We don't know the size of Pep's contribution in relation to Barca's academy. It oculd be that the players (and team) were bound to flourish at this time...