Real Madrid 2-0 Chelsea

James

I don’t even blame Fofana for this, btw. This is his first real taste of this level up against probably the best winger in the world.

This was poor tactics to leave him so extremely isolated out there. Not much a big 6’4” CB can do against a lightning quick winger when he’s got acres of space to run into. He’s been made a sitting duck.

Not looking good, there's more goals in this for Madrid.

I think away from home we have to forget trying to be brave and playing intricately through the press. There's spaces in behind, get Enzo on the ball and play it long. Turn them round. It's not a pretty tactic but I think a bit more directness could help with the spaces available. Get the ball in beyond that midfield and they look susceptible.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Kante, Enzo and Kovacic should be a dominant midfield but meh. Forwards been useless, Frank needs to either change the personnel or change the approach. Why on Earth neither Mudryk or Havertz is playing is beyond me.

yeah CMs can't do a whole lot if they don't get the support from the rest of the team. D has to close the lines, and yeah the Forwarders need to work hard -- run like a "dog" like someone used to say. That's why players like Werner can be useful at times... games like these.

until the first CL quarterfinal game last season at the Bridge (we won the second at Real, but lost on agg) we had never lost to Real, ever

so it's not like they are a bogey team for us

we were a bogey team for them in fact

Need a CB and Badiashile is stuck at home. I'd love to know who actually selected the squad for CL KO.

Just now, Vesper said:

wow, what the hell happened to Reece's defence????????

He looks shot. Can't take his man on or run back to help. 

Edited by LAM09