10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

11 minutes ago, whats happening said:

feel bad for him. a loan move where he constantly plays should be his best option at the moment.

if he just had better processing skills he would be a monster

that pace is just insane

At this point I don’t think he will become better by playing for us. He needs thorough 1 on 1 coaching with focus on his decision making. Not even sure a loan will help if he is not properly coached over there. I guess he will need at least 1 or 2 more full years in a top league to have the basic understanding of the game down . Not sure we will grant him this time now we are stacked with better wingers 

I actually think he played well in the first half last night.

The issue is it was an okay performance when you had Neto and Felix come on and do way better. There isn't any room for him on the team. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

At this point I don’t think he will become better by playing for us. He needs thorough 1 on 1 coaching with focus on his decision making. Not even sure a loan will help if he is not properly coached over there. I guess he will need at least 1 or 2 more full years in a top league to have the basic understanding of the game down . Not sure we will grant him this time now we are stacked with better wingers 

He should be offered to Marseille, where he can reunite with his old boss De Zerbi. 

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Is he cognitively impaired?

He seems bright but not shining.

To me it seems like when he has the ball, he has to remember what the coach told him to do, racking his brain and when he does remember.. he's already lost the ball.

While I agree that he lacks football IQ, and mental aspects in general (determination, work rate), I don't think that is all.

It's subtle, but his first touch isn't great. No, I'm not talking Lukaku, much less Bakayoko bad, but it's just not at the level one would expect from an Elite PL winger.

Edited by robsblubot

24 minutes ago, King Kante said:

He will need to go out on loan. Only reason why I think any of us have any hope is because what other professional players and coaches have said they've seen from him in training. 

Oh interesting... that corroborates the point about mentality. Practice sessions remove the competition aspect from the game.

14 hours ago, robsblubot said:

While I agree that he lacks football IQ, and mental aspects in general (determination, work rate), I don't think that is all.

It's subtle, but his first touch isn't great. No, I'm not talking Lukaku, much less Bakayoko bad, but it's just not at the level one would expect from an Elite PL winger.

His close control is bad also, many times he put the ball to far from him to be easily disposessed

His step over and run doesn't work in the premier league.

In Ukraine he must've been quicker than the rest but here he just looks stupid when running with the ball because he is exactly one more touch away from losing it and killing Chelsea attacks.

I feel bad for him. Would've worked in a Leicester of old kind of counter attacking team with vardy and mahrez. Small pond.

Wish he improves but I don't know where he can.

On 26/08/2024 at 19:32, robsblubot said:

That's the thing, technically he just isn't good enough. His lack of technique and decision making are his major weaknesses and you don't improve those a lot at age 23. If he was a random academy player, he'd be loaned or sold a long time ago already. The only thing keeping him in the picture is his price tag - the investors want to minimize their losses, but with each game he devalues himself more. I don't think he'll be here next season.

Chelsea star Mykhailo Mudryk has the ‘qualities’ to win the Ballon d’Or, according to his Ukraine international teammate Georgiy Sudakov.

🙃Along with...the moon is made of cheese, and I promise not to come in your mouth

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea star Mykhailo Mudryk has the ‘qualities’ to win the Ballon d’Or, according to his Ukraine international teammate Georgiy Sudakov.

🙃Along with...the moon is made of cheese, and I promise not to come in your mouth

Colwill said something similar about Mudryk. They obviously see something in training which he has just not been able to execute on the actual pitch.