Andrey Santos

ZAPHOD2319

Very few Brasilian CMFs left on the planet ahead of Andrey atm in terms of valuation  (Douglas Luiz is more of a DMF IMHO, and Fred is also more of a DMF, and will soon crash in value anyway, as he turns 31yo this coming winter)

only 4, and I would hope Santos blows past all of them within a year or two, plus they are all 3 and 1/2  to 7 years older, whilst he only just turned 19yo last month

I have been a wee surprised for at least 2 years that EPL clubs did not not buy the other 3 (Wolves have Gomes) below (or at least the first 2, Gerson is a bit erratic at times)

Wendel Wendel
Central Midfield
25 Brazil Zenit St. Petersburg €24.00m  

Éderson Éderson
Central Midfield
23 Brazil Atalanta BC €20.00m  

João Gomes João Gomes
Central Midfield
22 Brazil Wolverhampton Wanderers €18.00m  

Gerson Gerson
Central Midfield
26 Brazil CR Flamengo €16.00m 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DDA said:

Enzo/Caicedo/Santos/Casadei.

That'll do for me.

I’m sorry but that is a major injury to Enzo or Caicedo (if we get him) from being an absolute disaster.

Cannot expect Santos and Casadei to be fully depended on, particularly when they will have ups and downs as all young players do. Anyone who is seriously basing their capabilities of playing competitively in the PL off of a friendly against Wrexham needs their head checked. But this happens every time we have a pre-season. 

100% need somebody else in there with a bit more seniority as well as Enzo and Caicedo if he comes for depth/options. Be daft to go in to the season so lightweight in MF. But this is the situation.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I’m sorry but that is a major injury to Enzo or Caicedo from being an absolute disaster.

Cannot expect Santos and Casadei to be fully depended on, particularly when they will have ups and downs as all young players do. Anyone who is seriously basing their capabilities of playing competitively in the PL off of a friendly against Wrexham needs their head checked. But this happens every time we have a pre-season. 

100% need somebody else in there with a bit more seniority as well as Enzo and Caicedo if he comes for depth/options. Be daft to go in to the season so lightweight in MF. 

I’d get Kessie or someone like that 

We’ll see toward the end of pre season, always a gamble seeing as it could result in us dipping back into the market if Poch thinks they need loans, leaning toward a loan for Casa, be chuffed to see him go to Brighton or Fulham. I can see Santos staying with us mind, very calm and composed in play.

Edited by DH1988

13 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

We’ll see toward the end of pre season, always a gamble seeing as it could result in us dipping back into the market if Poch thinks they need loans, leaning toward a loan for Casa, be chuffed to see him go to Brighton or Fulham. I can see Santos staying with us mind, very calm and composed in play.

Probably the best option to rotate with Caicedo and Enzo as well. 

Brighton can get fucked. Rather Casadei goes to Leicester under their new progressive manager. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I’m sorry but that is a major injury to Enzo or Caicedo (if we get him) from being an absolute disaster.

100% need somebody else in there with a bit more seniority as well as Enzo and Caicedo if he comes for depth/options. Be daft to go in to the season so lightweight in MF. But this is the situation.

I'm not basing their capabilities of playing in the PL off of playing Wrexham at all. We will see abut more of what these lads are made of after playing the Prem sides. I just can't see us buying another CM when the club seem to think we need another CB and striker more so.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm not basing their capabilities of playing in the PL off of playing Wrexham at all. We will see abut more of what these lads are made of after playing the Prem sides. I just can't see us buying another CM when the club seem to think we need another CB and striker more so.

Maybe. Will just have to see how pre-season goes.

I was dubious about his passing range based off of the u20 stuff I seen but he looked a lot more positive last night/this morning with less time on the ball than he did for the Brazil u20s, with a lot more time.

Whether or not he can hack it against Higher quality opposition is another thing.  

Looked solid to me vs Brighton, managed to play a fair few progressive passes, made himself available for the ball with confidence, did a good job defending in the box although was a bit rash with tackles outside of the box. If we had an embarrassment of riches in MF we'd probably want to loan him to a PL club at this point, somewhere like Brighton ironically if they lose Caicedo...