Andrey Santos

ZAPHOD2319

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Goals aside, still not overly excited by him. Still extremely raw technically and think at higher level and tempo he will struggle initially. A loan to a mid table team in France, Spain or even Portugal maybe be a wise move to start with. Don’t think he will see many minutes here if he gets a work permit and undoubtedly will be loaned in the summer.

Not writing him off but I think its fair to say his goals have vastly inflated his performances. For me, he doesn’t look to be anywhere near to the same level of technical ability the likes of Neymar, Vini, Rodrygo, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Casemiro etc (guys who came straight from Brazil to Europe) were. Obviously still an opportunity to develop that side. Not saying he has to have the technical attributes of Neymar or Vini etc who are higher end of the scale but the likes of Oscar and Casemiro were considerably much much more proficient technically when they moved to Europe. 

Casemiro and Oscar were both 3 years older than him when they moved to Europe though.

I think there is a lot of development still for him, but at his age there is still a lot of time for that development and the buzz around him is at the very least promising. I think if we were looking to buy him now off the back of this tournament, his price would have doubled so the club have done a good job so far identifying him and completing a deal as early as they have.

He does look a hard worker and a strong, leading personality which will hopefully aid him with his development over the next couple of years as he refines areas to his game that need working on.

You're right though, I don't see him getting much game time yet if he comes straight here. It may be a case they just want him here for the second half of the season to assess him properly, in the same way they are with players like Fofana. He probably will need a loan but with most of the 'better' options unavailable to him now the window is shut it makes sense I think to bring him here and the club gets some time to decide and plan next moves with him.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Goals aside, still not overly excited by him. Still extremely raw technically and think at higher level and tempo he will struggle initially. A loan to a mid table team in France, Spain or even Portugal maybe be a wise move to start with. Don’t think he will see many minutes here if he gets a work permit and undoubtedly will be loaned in the summer.

Not writing him off but I think its fair to say his goals have vastly inflated his performances. For me, he doesn’t look to be anywhere near to the same level of technical ability the likes of Neymar, Vini, Rodrygo, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Casemiro etc (guys who came straight from Brazil to Europe) were. Obviously still an opportunity to develop that side. Not saying he has to have the technical attributes of Neymar or Vini etc who are higher end of the scale but the likes of Oscar and Casemiro were considerably much much more proficient technically when they moved to Europe. 

Both Oscar and Casemiro transferred to Europe at the age of 20/21 and they both had roughly 90+ appearances under their belt in the Brazilian league.

Casemiro was on loan at FC Porto for a whole season before making his break through at Real Madrid at the age of 23

Will be interesting to see whether the club loan Santos out to a Portuguese side to help his development next season. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder what they denied him for?

I suspect it was because he hasn't done/accomplished enough to be granted one. They thought his u20 accomplishment would've been enough, but evidently that did not work.

Edited by robsblubot

weird... mixed info this article in Brazil says he did not get it and mentions possible destinations there. https://ge.globo.com/futebol/times/vasco/noticia/2023/02/17/andrey-nao-consegue-visto-de-trabalho-e-deve-ser-emprestado-pelo-Chelsea-vasco-monitora.ghtml

8 hours ago, robsblubot said:

weird... mixed info this article in Brazil says he did not get it and mentions possible destinations there. https://ge.globo.com/futebol/times/vasco/noticia/2023/02/17/andrey-nao-consegue-visto-de-trabalho-e-deve-ser-emprestado-pelo-Chelsea-vasco-monitora.ghtml

fucking Brexit and the cunt Tories

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

fucking Brexit and the cunt Tories

In the US, the right wing party complains about mainstream media and retaliates by pumping out its propaganda on cable stations. In the UK the mainstream media is the propaganda branch of the right wing party. As a result, the bulk of the UK population, that's to say those with better things to do than follow politics closely, believe many myths. The chief of those is that the Tories are the best at handling the UK economy. This is an absolute con. The historic figures are there. Check them out.