Andrey Santos

ZAPHOD2319

19 hours ago, LAM09 said:

So much for him "not being good enough." He was never given a chance at Forrest, so his loan spell was always destined to fail.

I have always been a booster of him. I wanted to buy him, and have said that Sporting (they only had one CMF on their roster then, in summer 2023, the £4m Daniel Bragança) would have been the ideal loan. Superb manager, especially with youth, Portuguese speaking country, and little competition for playing time at that point.

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I have always been a booster of him. I wanted to buy him, and have said that Sporting (they only had one CMF on their roster then, in summer 2023, the £4m Daniel Bragança) would have been the ideal loan. Superb manager, especially with youth, Portuguese speaking country, and little competition for playing time at that point.

I heard rumours about Porto being interested in him (I wasn't aware Sporting were too) and thought a move to Portugal would have been perfect as it would have been easier to adjust, which you alluded to too.

It appears that whoever agrees to these loan deals either has little knowledge of football or is solely motivated by money; just look at Broja's loan terms.

19 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I heard rumours about Porto being interested in him (I wasn't aware Sporting were too) and thought a move to Portugal would have been perfect as it would have been easier to adjust, which you alluded to too.

It appears that whoever agrees to these loan deals either has little knowledge of football or is solely motivated by money; just look at Broja's loan terms.

Porto were genuinely interested as well as an Italian team, can’t remember the name. 

Him going to Sporting only ever seemed to be touted on here - never seen or heard anything credible about them wanting him. 

Footballing department has a lot to answer for transfer/loan wise.

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Porto were genuinely interested as well as an Italian team, can’t remember the name. 

Him going to Sporting only ever seemed to be touted on here - never seen or heard anything credible about them wanting him. 

A quick search said both Milan sides were interested in him. Let's not forget about the rumoured Barcelona interest.

For arguments sake, they were all interested in him, including both Portuguese giants; it doesn't take a football fanatic to know where he'd most likely play the most.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There's a quote on previous page from Santos that he wanted PL loan and he pushed for Nottingham. 

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

There's a quote on previous page from Santos that he wanted PL loan and he pushed for Nottingham. 

Doubt he handpicked Nottingham forest out by himself , he was probably presented with some options , forest should never have been on the table 

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Echoing what Lucio said, I don't think he chose them specifically. I'd imagine a few EPL were interested in him, and seeing as Forrest likes to throw money around, they offered the most, and the rest is history.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Which is interesting as their manager at the time didn't even care about him, he basically said they got Santos for cheap squad depth and their preference was to play their permanent players. 

I doubt Santos 'pushed' for Nottingham, more like his advisors or the club agreed to that loan as they were willing to pay wages/loan fee etc