Andrey Santos

ZAPHOD2319

Fabrizio Romano: Chelsea want teenager to join their first team immediately

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/fabrizio-romano-Chelsea-want-teenager-to-join-their-first-team-immediately/

download.jpg

Chelsea want January signing Andrey Santos to join their first-team ranks as soon as possible, but the young midfielder’s work permit status remains unclear, according to Fabrizio Romano.

The 18-year-old is currently away on international duty with the Brazil youth side in the Sudamericano Sub-20 tournament in Colombia.

The tournament will reach its conclusion in just a few days, on 12 February, and then Chelsea will have to make a decision on how the teenager will spend the rest of the season.

Of course, ideally, Chelsea would want him to be part of Graham Potter’s first-team squad.

Speaking on The Beautiful Game podcast, Romano claims Chelsea are keen to keep the player this season and are continuously working on his work permit.

This is hardly a surprise considering how highly the Chelsea staff reportedly rate the midfield talent.

Chelsea still working on Santos working permit but have prepared contingency plan

According to The Evening Standard, the Blues are currently working on a second submission to secure the former Vasco da Gama a visa to play in England.

The first attempt was reportedly unsuccessful after Santos missed out by just one point on the initial work permit application.

The report also mentions that Chelsea promised the player that he would be part of Graham Potter’s first-team squad immediately upon his arrival.

Chelsea are said to be confident that after captaining the Brazil U-20 side, Santos will have enough points for a work permit.

If these prove unsuccessful, however, the Evening Standard adds Chelsea already have a Plan B in mind, which is to send Santos back to Brazil on loan to continue his development and earn more points for a work permit.

Brazilian clubs who are playing in the Copa Libertadores — South American equivalent of the Champions League — would be the preferred options.

There are eight Brazilian sides in the competition;  Palmeiras, International, Fluminense, Corinthians, Flamengo, Athletico Paranaense, Fortaleza and Atlético Mineiro.

Belief Chelsea have signed “very, very, very good player” – Puts other PL signing who cost more “in his pocket”

https://sportwitness.co.uk/belief-Chelsea-signed-good-player-puts-pl-signing-cost-pocket/

With Chelsea signing Andrey Santos and Nottingham Forest buying Danilo, the Premier League sides landed two of the most talented young midfielders in Brazil last month.

But the Blues haven’t been able to use their player yet, and that’s because he’s currently out with the U20 national team and is still to be given a work permit to feature in the Premier League.

And it turns out that in case the visa isn’t given, there’s a Brazilian club who are in talks to sign him. That’s Palmeiras, who lost Danilo to Nottingham Forest and now need a player for his position.

This potential triangle makes it inevitable to compare Andrey Santos and Danilo. And that was done by journalist Jorge Nicola in a video about the situation.

“Andrey is a very, very, very good player. He puts Danilo in his pocket. He is much more of a player than Danilo. He is only 18 years old and has a bright future,” said Jorge Nicola, on Youtube.

It’s interesting that Chelsea paid less for Andrey Santos, having spent €12.5m, while it took €20m for Nottingham Forest to land Danilo.

However, the Blues signed a promising player who had been playing in the second division, and that’s why he was cheaper.

Nottingham Forest, on the other hand, purchased a 21-year-old who had won several important titles and had already been called up by the national team.

‘99% chance’ player will be registered by Chelsea – Previous claims turned down

https://sportwitness.co.uk/99-chance-player-will-registered-Chelsea-previous-claims-turned/

Despite reports from Brazil today saying that Chelsea should loan out Andrey Santos, who’s still to be granted a work permit to play in the Premier League, we now get to see conflicting claims about that.

Even though journalist Lucas Pedrosa confirms that the player still doesn’t have the necessary points to receive the visa, he claims there’s actually a 99% chance that will happen.

The reason for it is that Andrey Santos has been doing very well at the U20 South American Championship. The midfielder, who captains Brazil, has five goals in six games, and Chelsea can use that as an argument to register him as a special talent.

In case the working visa isn’t given to him, then Pedrosa also rules out the chance of his return to Vasco, despite claims today saying the player’s former club would have a priority clause for that. It’s now reported that such a clause does not exist.

Pedrosa says that only Palmeiras and Flamengo would have the conditions to sign Andrey, and the former have already shown an interest, leading the race for now. The youngster would also not like to play for another club in Rio de Janeiro, and that ends Flamengo’s chances.

However, the possibility of this loan is said to be ‘practically null’, as Chelsea are expected to get his work permit.

13 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So what is his style? 

How he will fit with Enzo?

Is he like Kova?

Based on videos, he is more like Ramires.. Quick, can dribble and goes often to the side of the pitch, quite a goal threat aswell. 

I can see him fill similar role to Kova. On the videos, though, I seldom see him getting pressured deep in front of defense, he rather pul over to the flank. But it'll depend on the role Potter gives him. I can really see him in 4-3-3 being side midfielder.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Based on videos, he is more like Ramires.. Quick, can dribble and goes often to the side of the pitch, quite a goal threat aswell. 

I can see him fill similar role to Kova. On the videos, though, I seldom see him getting pressured deep in front of defense, he rather pul over to the flank. But it'll depend on the role Potter gives him. I can really see him in 4-3-3 being side midfielder.

Thanks, I so hope we get his permit. I want him to play with us now. It's a lost season so best to continue giving these new younger players the game so they can gel with the team and be in a better position next season. 

Chelsea still confident about Andrey Santos work permit 

No hope lost

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/Chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2023/2/8/23591497/Chelsea-still-confident-on-andrey-santos-work-permit-as-brazilian-clubs-enquire-over-young-player

FBL-SOUTHAM-U20-BRA-VEN

Seemingly “just” another signing for the future, young midfielder Andrey Santos is evidently held much higher in Chelsea’s immediate regard, with the club hoping to use a special talent exemption to get him a work permit that would allow him to play for us this year already.

The 18-year-old’s classy and consistent performances for Brazil at the CONMEBOL U20 Championship have not dissuaded that notion, and according to reports from Fabrizio Romano and Goal, Chelsea remain confident that we will indeed get that permit. This is contrary to a few recent rumblings out of Brazil, which also claimed that the likes of Palmeiras and Andrey’s former team, Vasco are circling in case he cannot stay with Chelsea.

However, even if Santos fails to get a work permit, Chelsea would not necessarily have him go to Brazil, apparently preferring a European loan instead. We would have to wait with that until the summer, but in the meantime, it’s unlikely to be in anyone’s best interest to loan Andrey for just four months to play in the state championships, where the level of play is well below Brazil’s national league, which only starts in April.

But actually what is the point to play him this season? Or his potential is really that promising?

Even when he does play in our first team, is he could play better than gallagher for our CM/DM? 🙃 His defensive aspect is still very raw i assume

Being the last CM option here with very very limited minutes this season, wouldn't help his progress at all

I mean someone like chucumaewa who looks more ready, mature and actually show some excitement and hope for future, can't event get sniff to get proper game time here. Let alone him, still very raw and coming from youth competition/second league or something 

Edited by dimmas

41 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Playing last game tonight for Brazil. After that he should come. They have to beat Uruguay to win tournament. 

But game is at the same time as Super Bowl. I'll be watching that especially because of Rihanna. 

Rihanna Is Back | Apple Music Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show (Official  Trailer) - YouTube

Chelsea feel Brazilian gem has already increased in value

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2023/02/Chelsea-feel-brazilian-gem-has-already-increased-in-value/

andrey-santos-reqdc.jpg

Chelsea are very happy and excited about Brazilian wonderkid Andrey Santos, according to Fabrizio Romano.

The Blues are actively working on a work permit and the club want him to stay this season and add depth into Graham Potter’s squad.

Chelsea signed Santos from Vasco Da Gama for 12.5 million Euros, initially the deal was said to include add ons to take the total fee up to 20 million Euros but Chelsea managed to close the deal for 12.5, no add ons included.

The club feel that he is already worth 20-25 million Euros even though he hasn’t kicked a ball for Chelsea yet, this is because he has scored 5 goals in the U20 South American Championships in 6 games, despite being a midfielder.

After the conclusion of the tournament, Chelsea expect to have Santos flying to London to join up with the team.

You can listen to the talk about Andrey Santos from 3 minutes down below.

Goals aside, still not overly excited by him. Still extremely raw technically and think at higher level and tempo he will struggle initially. A loan to a mid table team in France, Spain or even Portugal maybe be a wise move to start with. Don’t think he will see many minutes here if he gets a work permit and undoubtedly will be loaned in the summer.

Not writing him off but I think its fair to say his goals have vastly inflated his performances. For me, he doesn’t look to be anywhere near to the same level of technical ability the likes of Neymar, Vini, Rodrygo, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Casemiro etc (guys who came straight from Brazil to Europe) were. Obviously still an opportunity to develop that side. Not saying he has to have the technical attributes of Neymar or Vini etc who are higher end of the scale but the likes of Oscar and Casemiro were considerably much much more proficient technically when they moved to Europe. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

The thing which most encourages me about Andrey is the level of excitement he's being reported to have created among Chelsea technical and recruitment staff*. They will have seen more of him than we have, certainly way more than I have, so their opinion must be based on more information. Based only on my assessment Andrey wouldn't be here, but he is so I have to put my hopes in the club's judgement.

*Of course, it could be that the reports are part of Chelsea's PR to get Andrey's work permit application approved.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie