Man City 2-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, Superblue said:

Surprised how negative it is on here tonight. It's hardly been vintage, but I don't think we've played too bad tonight. Was always going to be a difficult game, but we've played with a lot more intent and appetite to get the ball forward than recent games like Arsenal and United. We've played on the edge a little, but backed ourselves to continuously try and play out, and whilst it's created problems, it's also helped us create chances.

We've had just as good chances as City have had tonight but as is usual, we're just wasteful far too much with the final ball or finishing chances.

story of Chelsea's history in the last 3 or 4 or 5 years in most games

At least we dodged Ake... small silver lining in a world of poor signings.

Pulisic looks all wrong -- bad attitude on top of poor performances... nice going.
Wish Werner had stayed and Puli was gone... yeah with all his deficiencies, he was a very competitive player and we miss that IMO.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, zinctek said:

are you dreaming we will be lucky to even be in the EC next year this is embarrassing for a used to be top 2 club we wont get top 7. look at newcastle for example  a few good players that didnt cost the earth and they are playing good football, winning and enjoying themsleves. poor from the top to the pitch

Yes, it was also embarrassing to finish the season as 10th in 2016, the next year we were champion. I know its frustrating to watch, but ranting about it wont help, like, what do u want them to do? Sell all players, get rid of Boehly and Potter and then what?

We created the clearer chances and their keeper has just been announced MOTM by the tannoy guy.

I get it's been pretty shit lately, I was as upset as anyone Sunday and it's never nice to lose whatever the context but this performance really wasn't bad all things considered.

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Surprised how negative it is on here tonight. It's hardly been vintage, but I don't think we've played too bad tonight. Was always going to be a difficult game, but we've played with a lot more intent and appetite to get the ball forward than recent games like Arsenal and United. We've played on the edge a little, but backed ourselves to continuously try and play out, and whilst it's created problems, it's also helped us create chances.

We've had just as good chances as City have had tonight but as is usual, we're just wasteful far too much with the final ball or finishing chances.

my main issue is with Pulisic

I am off me head in frustration 

Still would not trade with city fans. Could Imagine it must be frustrating to be the best team on the planet by a landslide  for half a decade now without ever having won anything outside England. Compared to us they are an insanely well run club tho. Surely envious of that. 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Still would not trade with city fans. Could Imagine it must be frustrating to be the best team on the planet by a landslide  for half a decade now without ever having won anything outside England. Compared to us they are an insanely well run club tho. Surely envious of that. 

I'm jealous they have players who can score!

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

valid point

1 minute ago, zinctek said:

story of Chelsea's history in the last 3 or 4 or 5 years in most games

I think if we're taking a snapshot though of this game in comparison to recent games (the Arsenal one in particular still haunts me how poor that was), there's significantly more positives to take from tonight's game. Ultimately, it's another loss but if the game finished 2-2 or we won 3-2 then I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid and think we were lucky, and that's indicative of the chances we had tonight, a number of which were from trying to play bravely out from the back or tight spaces. At times that's going to look like a car crash, we're nowhere near the machine that City has created but I'm more pleased with some of the pieces of play tonight, albeit patchy.

The most disappointing thing tonight to be honest was not giving any minutes to Hutchinson. Given what a breath of fresh air Lewis Hall looked, I think he could have given a bit of an injection into the team in the last half hour. The City full backs were both poor defensively and sticking him up against one of them I think he would have given City something to think about. 

6 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Yes, it was also embarrassing to finish the season as 10th in 2016, the next year we were champion. I know its frustrating to watch, but ranting about it wont help, like, what do u want them to do? Sell all players, get rid of Boehly and Potter and then what?

potter no not yet i want to give him a few years - i would rather see 11 youth players on the pitch vs newcastle than this lot.  We are lost on the pitch

1 minute ago, Superblue said:

I think if we're taking a snapshot though of this game in comparison to recent games (the Arsenal one in particular still haunts me how poor that was), there's significantly more positives to take from tonight's game. Ultimately, it's another loss but if the game finished 2-2 or we won 3-2 then I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid and think we were lucky, and that's indicative of the chances we had tonight, a number of which were from trying to play bravely out from the back or tight spaces. At times that's going to look like a car crash, we're nowhere near the machine that City has created but I'm more pleased with some of the pieces of play tonight, albeit patchy.

The most disappointing thing tonight to be honest was not giving any minutes to Hutchinson. Given what a breath of fresh air Lewis Hall looked, I think he could have given a bit of an injection into the team in the last half hour. The City full backs were both poor defensively and sticking him up against one of them I think he would have given City something to think about. 

city had a make shift team out and still walked all over us. that used to be us 😞 times change i guess.

14 minutes ago, Superblue said:

3rd defeat in a row, hardly scoring any goals. We are playing without intensity or determination. At times it looked like our players were training while ManCity were playing a real match. If we carry this to Newcastle on Saturday, it's four defeats in a row. There are no rewards for good chances and bad moments.

Edited by Da Herbsman

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

You have to blame Roman for that, under him, we were never really well run. It was a hire and fire philosophy and yes, it worked, we managed to get some silverware, but football changes, and this philosophy just doesnt work anymore like in old times, its a relict from the past like the coaches that made us successfull back then (Mourinho). Liverpool, City, Arsenal rn, or even Freiburg show, that consistency and a clear structure is the key to success in modern football. Thats why Im glad Roman is gone in a way. Just throwing money on the transfer market and fire the coach every 2 years will end in failure, just look at United. 

Thats why I hope Boehly will work closely with Potter and will stick to him for the next few years, even when we will struggle for some time. In the end, it will pay off, as u can see with Arsenal rn. 

The pep team is streets ahead - can't complain.
Again we managed some good forward moves against a team who were not playing defensive football (Ortega saved then - he was their motm).
But the problem is we don't know how to build play against defensive teams,