Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Call me a jerk but I wish for Ivanovic to get sent off or even injured in the next game. It's a fucking disgrace how he can get picked game after game after game despite having made 454353493767346730635 mistakes!

He was irrefutably poor yet again today. Arguably responsible for the first two goals we conceded and provided toothless product in attack.

Some evaluations noted from the game:

1) Ineffectual crosses supplied time and time again, most being blocked or others being too close to Howard. Ivanovic applied anything but passive pressure to Galloway the whole game.

2) You must of all thought if it wasn't for Naismith, Martinez's team might have not won. Incorrect. Before Besic got injured, acres of space were being donated for Everton to play with in the opening stages, and this theme carried itself throughout the full 90 minutes.

3) Ivanovic's lack of awareness and positioning. These deficiencies are constantly being addressed with players running lengths around him, crosses that have been given too much time and consideration leading to eventual goals, and a gaping hole at our goalkeeper's far post. His defensive arrangements are always too central, not tightly tuned enough or completely invisible.

4) The physical condition of the Serb. The pace and stamina required for an offensive fullback are imperatively high; counter attacks need to be appropriately dealt with if you are going to dedicate time in the opposition's area, the presence of a 'wall' needs to remain. This player has relapsed entirely. He cannot afford to sacrifice time up the field, our right flank was ghostly on more than half of Everton's responses. Physically, he seems inept, tired and burnt out.

5) The strain this provides for team as a whole. Ivanovic's weaknesses mean that the rest of the players have to compensate in some way. For players such as Pedro and Zouma, the work load is increased to unnecessary levels and the focus on the fluency in attack is diverted. It is harder to respond to a goal in an away game when you are away that the right flank is so soft and vulnerable, no matter where you are on the pitch. There is no such 'balance of the books', as his offensive avenues are so limited and dissatisfactory.

Also, did anyone notice around the 70 minute mark - the best opportunity we had to equalise? Where Branislav had the ball on the break, a clear pass for Hazard to finish on his preferred right side was available, but he chose to supply Diego who was awkwardly positioned instead? That decision was entirely amateur.

This is so tragic, I almost don't want to watch Chelsea again just so I don't see him. He used to be one of my top favourites. *sigh*

I hate to say it, but we should have sold him to Real Madrid or PSG when we had the opportunity.