Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham

James

Zakaria didn’t get his work permit in time so not in the squad for tomorrow according to Tuchel. RLC is over his injury so his options for midfield are RLC, Kova, CG, and Jorginho. With Fofana having several training sessions in his legs now I think he goes straight into the XI which means the RLC at wingback experiment is over.

So which pairing does he go with in the middle to handle WH’s very physical, very athletic side? Think it’s almost surely going to be Kova and J5 and we just have to pray that Kova is more fit and we as a team are more assertive to make sure Jorginho doesn’t get exposed.

Thomas Tuchel:

"Reece James, Chalobah, Fofana, Kovacic, Gallagher and RLC all available for selection. Kovacic is in line to start"

"Aubameyang is out, along with Kante. Zakaria is yet to get his work permit, so is unavailable for the West Ham match."

39 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Wtf?

Basically continue to play but risk having niggling injuries from time to time., or have surgery and sort it out once and for all.

I don't know what type of knee injury it is., but hope if they decide to do surgery, the recovery time is more like what Kounde had as opposed to what Chillwell had to go through

In any case, I doubt he will go under the knife soon. Else Tuchel wouldn't have proclaimed him ready for tomorrow's match. No way they decided on a surgery in a matter of minutes.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Basically continue to play but risk having niggling injuries from time to time., or have surgery and sort it out once and for all.

I don't know what type of knee injury it is., but hope if they decide to do surgery, the recovery time is more like what Kounde had as opposed to what Chillwell had to go through

In any case, I doubt he will go under the knife soon. Else Tuchel wouldn't have proclaimed him ready for tomorrow's match. No way they decided on a surgery in a matter of minutes.

Imagine that, Kovacic going under the knife, Kante & Jorginho's contract set to expire in June 2023... big decisions to be made in the summer!

Onto the game, hope we get a good home win to get back on track before a tough game against in-form Mitrovic and Fulham. 

This is not about Chelsea this is about Kova...

For me he should go for the op if he wants to, failing to do that we run the risk of crippling the poor fucker.

I say lose him for hopefully only three months then get back a fully fit Kovacic.

10 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

This is not about Chelsea this is about Kova...

For me he should go for the op if he wants to, failing to do that we run the risk of crippling the poor fucker.

I say lose him for hopefully only three months then get back a fully fit Kovacic.

In 3 months, it will be time for the world cup.

But agreed. This is about Kovacic.

It really depends on the nature of the injury though. If Kounde could put it off till end of the season, there's a chance this could wait.

Anyway, its all conjecture. No one has really confirmed if he even needs surgery. Until it becomes official, I wouldn't worry. Too many other question marks in the squad already.

8 hours ago, LegenTerry said:

If I see Havertz upfront again  I will be tempted to turn of the TV.

Broja has to start !

Broja will be lucky to get any minutes from now to the end of the season or till TT is fired. It will be auba and Kai upfront with broja leaving/loaned in the jan window

40 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Broja will be lucky to get any minutes from now to the end of the season or till TT is fired. It will be auba and Kai upfront with broja leaving/loaned in the jan window

1 hour ago, Strike said:

We have played 5 professional games and he has played a grand total of 40mins. 40!!!! Let me reiterate it, 4 fucking 0 minutes with Kai stinking it up at the top of the pitch. You think he is actually going to get minutes with TT's savior auba in the mix? 

People need to get realistic with where we are with TT. 

2 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Maybe when Auba get available again. He is injured and not in squad for todays match so it's Kai or Broja.

Which, after those first five games of the season, should be easy choice...but you never know 

1 hour ago, LegenTerry said:

Maybe when Auba get available again. He is injured and not in squad for todays match so it's Kai or Broja.

Which, after those first five games of the season, should be easy choice...but you never know 

what on earth are you talking about?

you want him (Auba) injured straight off not knowing how he is going to do so Broja can play.

supposing Auba comes firing straight from the off, and don't get injured what are you going to hope for then?

my hope is that Auba does do well, all I'm interested in is what's good for CFC

Edited by bigbluewillie