Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Yes, they are the new power in London - I would say they could finish above both Spuds and Arse...

Moyes is a decent manager, not super adventurous but he gets these mid table teams with 'almost there' players - raising their game. He's a bit like Martin O'Neil was with Aston Villa.

There's only one true 'power' in London 😉

7 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Yes, they are the new power in London - I would say they could finish above both Spuds and Arse...

Moyes is a decent manager, not super adventurous but he gets these mid table teams with 'almost there' players - raising their game. He's a bit like Martin O'Neil was with Aston Villa.

I like moyes, I feel sorry for him because that man utd job he was bascally thrown to the wolfs and left to be torn to shreds.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

28d79dbf4362e75e0e0690b8f34f8450.png

15 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I will miss Kurt, he is a hell of a nice guy. Will not miss the holding the ball until panic sets in followed by a horrendous pass. It only happened once a game, but it was often costly.

Pretty good CV for a player of his quality. 

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see. I thought it was more like a gentleman’s agreement or something. 

So yeah, this loan move for Saul would be excellent business with literally zero downsides from our perspective. He does well and we have ourselves another Kovacic situation. He is mediocre and we send him back and buy Rice or someone else next summer.

I'm late but like others said before, a buy option in a loan is a contractual thing. The fixed price becomes essentially a release clause for the player so the selling club can't decline the offer if the clause is activated, but it can only be activated by the loan club for the said price. Of course like with release clauses, the player himself would still be free to decline the permanent move next year, but I don't think that happens very often because for the club to even want to trigger the buy option in the first place the loan would likely have been a very successful one and there'd be little reason for the player to turn down the move.

I see very little risk in a loan for Saul. Obviously there would still be a reasonably big loan fee involved (5-10m€) and we'd have to take on his wages but the upside is huge. If he can get back to his previous level (2015-2019) it'd basically mean having the option of buying a world class player for peanuts and at worst he'd still be a good (although expensive) squad filler for the season and no doubt better than the likes of RLC, Ampadu would be if they stayed. And like you said, if he proves not good enough the club can just send him packing next year and go after another target.

Good luck to Zouma, was a good servant of the club and a big humor in the dressing room....he calls everyone " kali " which means a loser if im not wrong.

And I must salute Marina, she has played a blinder the last 2 seasons, how the fuck did she convince Sevilla to part with Kounde for such a low fee?

Get Saul and we are proper for sure

30m for Zouma is less than his T-markt guesstimation, don't really like that, should have milked them for 40 but I guess they knew we were desperate to move him. I think we did ourselves no favours here being so indiscrete with the Kounde pursuit. We have enough CBs even without Zouma, so we could have Chalobah's emergence as smokescreen. I just guess it is more difficult to keep things undercover these days.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

30m for Zouma is less than his T-markt guesstimation, don't really like that, should have milked them for 40 but I guess they knew we were desperate to move him. I think we did ourselves no favours here being so indiscrete with the Kounde pursuit. We have enough CBs even without Zouma, so we could have Chalobah's emergence as smokescreen. I just guess it is more difficult to keep things undercover these days.

T-markt is a load of nonsense. I don't buy into it and its all made up by random people. I was checking Drinkwater's market value from the time we bought him, and according to T-markt he was only worth 15 million after orchestrating Leicester to arguably the greatest upset in sports history.