Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ve always wondered how options to buy work exactly. Like if Saul comes here and kills it and we then want to exercise the agreed upon option for 30-40m, what’s stopping Atleti from saying “nah, we want 80m now?” Or just saying they want to keep him?

It's a contract. If we meet the contractual obligations then he becomes our player. 

They could break the contract- but then they would be acting in bad faith and would likely face action from both Chelsea in the form of damages and sanctions from the governing body UEFA/FIFA - as transfer contracts are sacrosanct.

Edited by Muzchap

24 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm getting more anxious about Zouma out then any incoming. lol

Kurt Zouma Set for West Ham United Medical

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/08/26/kurt-zouma-set-for-west-ham-united-medical/

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Don't boil over 👍

Ignore them - I love your posts and whilst we may not always agree - respect your opinion 👍 

I never once had a go at that poster, nor they at me, so curious why they said that

11 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

It's a contract. If we meet the contractual obligations then he becomes our player. 

They could break the contract- but then they would be acting in bad faith and would likely face action from both Chelsea in the form of damages and sanctions from the governing body UEFA/FIFA - as transfer contracts are sacrosanct.

I see. I thought it was more like a gentleman’s agreement or something. 

So yeah, this loan move for Saul would be excellent business with literally zero downsides from our perspective. He does well and we have ourselves another Kovacic situation. He is mediocre and we send him back and buy Rice or someone else next summer.

With the greatest respect to West Ham, Zouma is probably about their level if he's expecting a starting berth (top 8 team pushing for top 4/6).

I think it's a good, solid signing for West Ham but on the flipside he has some clear deficiencies on the ball which is why he's not been quite the right fit for us. Around 25-30m is good business and by the sounds of things if we're essentially bringing in Kounde for the equivalent of around 15-20m and Zouma then I think it's potentially more good business.

It gives Kounde a season to really bed in, adapt to English football, without being under immediate pressure to hit the ground running and also having the opportunity to play and train alongside the likes of Silva and Azpilicueta. 

If we can add Saul too on a "try before you buy" deal we're bringing in two potential excellent players to significantly improve the squad strength and depth.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see. I thought it was more like a gentleman’s agreement or something. 

So yeah, this loan move for Saul would be excellent business with literally zero downsides from our perspective. He does well and we have ourselves another Kovacic situation. He is mediocre and we send him back and buy Rice or someone else next summer.

Ahh, no way, everything is 100% defined in the contract and literally there is no wriggle room. It's either don't exercise the option, or, exercise the option at £x consideration.

In legal terms you need 3 things to complete a contract.

Offer

Acceptance

Consideration (£1 being lowest amount)

Midfielder spotted in London, has offer from Chelsea – Club ‘convinced’ player could join Blues

http://sportwitness.co.uk/midfielder-spotted-london-offer-Chelsea-club-convinced-player-join-blues/

Chelsea are frequently named as a main contender to sign Ilaix Moriba.

The midfielder turned down the Blues and other clubs in favour of signing a contract with Barcelona in 2019 and that decision paid off after Ronald Koeman gave him opportunities last season.

With a contract expiring in 2022, the La Liga side have failed to find an agreement over a new deal. This has alerted the likes of the west London club and RB Leipzig, while he’s made to train with the reserves.

On August 25th, Mundo Deportivo explained the 18-year-old was spotted in London at the weekend.

Thursday’s edition of AS explains offers from the top European clubs are raining down for the Guinean, but they only name Thomas Tuchel’s side and Leipzig. They add Moriba is currently out of the dynamics of Barca’s first team.

fa45864fde2ebd805193163d5525ea68.png

Real Madrid were credited with an interest, but a ‘confidential’ report from Sport says Los Blancos will not make an approach for the player due to the ‘non-aggression pact’ agreed between Joan Laporta and Florentino Pérez in recent months.

The two Spanish giants, along with Juventus, have agreed not to make an approach for each other’s players, unless it’s a ‘beneficial operation’ for the clubs involved in the deal.

Therefore, at the Camp Nou, they have ruled out Moriba joining Real Madrid.

Sport add Barcelona are ‘convinced’ if Moriba doesn’t sign an extension, which seems impossible as of now, he will start an adventure abroad, either at Chelsea or Leipzig.

ef5da6723b3e46ffe725a5b7c4bf4159.png

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Gonna miss Zouma as a personality and as a solid Chelsea player. Seemed like a huge character around the place and someone everyone loved.

West Ham building an extremely solid side. In fact, they may have a more dangerous side than Arse which is hilarious.

Yes, they are the new power in London - I would say they could finish above both Spuds and Arse...

Moyes is a decent manager, not super adventurous but he gets these mid table teams with 'almost there' players - raising their game. He's a bit like Martin O'Neil was with Aston Villa.