Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Are people really taking Pep's comment's about Lukaku serious? If he considered Lukaku world class why  didn't  he take him from United?

What if he called Lukaku world class hoping we would fall in the trap and buy him, which we did eventually two years later.  He is drinking champagne right now getting his Arabs to sign Haaland for 500 000 a week. He wouldn't give Lukaku 10% of that.

Lukaku is the striker who lacks basic skills: first touch and ball control, no way Pep was serious in his assessment. 

Edited by laura90

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

I’ll be honest I have not seen much of Lukaku at Inter, but every time I have seen him I don’t come away thinking he has changed. Look you are trying too hard to undue Lakuku reputation, he has a reputation for scoring goals but overall play seriously lacking. You are painting Lukaku as a great overall player, which he is not. 

I'm not trying to do anything. If you read my post I fully admit that Lukaku has certain flaws in his game, but that doesn't mean he can't be an absolute monster of a player in a team that plays to his many strengths. For example Diego Costa had many flaws with his technique, first touch etc. as well but that didn't prevent him from being a key part of a very successful period at the club.

No player is perfect, unless we're talking Messi/Ronaldo types who are very much anomalies.

there are so many conflicting articles about Inter's board being onboard with this sale. This article out an hour ago makes the most sense.

https://sempreinter.com/2021/08/05/suning-accept-chelseas-obscene-lukaku-offer-as-inter-directors-failed-to-meet-financial-objectives-italian-media-report/

GDS - An reflection break for Zhang, the leaders are moving forward and assuring the president that they will reach the goal even without giving up Lukaku. Without qualifying for the Champions the finances would not be the same, but Chelsea will relaunch.

Pressure from fans and officials is causing the Chinese to change their minds about the sale of Lukaku. President Steven Zhang asked for time to review the situation

Who knows where this will go? This is encouraging that Tuchel has always been onboard.

It is understood coach Thomas Tuchel is a huge admirer and increasingly earmarked the impressive targetman as a player to pursue several weeks ago. The coach’s presence is thought to be a significant factor in Lukaku having a change of heart after insisting all summer he wanted to stay at the Serie A club.

https://theathletic.com/2751263/2021/08/05/lukaku-would-be-elite-striker-Chelsea-and-their-fans-crave-even-if-his-first-name-isnt-erling/

I embrace that I have gone full muppet status on this transfer!!😂 If this transfer happens, I hope Lukaku can just dominate smaller clubs. I know his stats against the top 6, but isn't it also the case that top 6 teams go very conservative when facing each other?

I guess Lukaku counts as homegrown too? Always helpful as he'll likely just be taking Tammy's spot as opposed to Giroud's.

With signing Bettinelli for Caballero too, it should free up a couple of foreign spaces in the squad.

9 hours ago, Stats said:

Thank you man.

Tuchel like Conte demands a lot from his players so all the players will have to learn to press out of possession and be efficient with the ball. I actually think Havertz can strike up a similar link up combination that Martinez did with Lukaku at Inter. We created so many chances last season and squandered a lot too and while, without Lukaku I think this squad was going places, you think a natural CF is one piece that is missing to an already great squad/team. I mean last 2 seasons we have just about clinged on to top 4 so as long we are not in a top 4 battle and firmly challenging is a massive improvement in its own. City are a top class team and will take a lot displacing them but do I feel we have more chance of that with a natural no.9 coming in? I do.

fair enough, but I'm not only talking about press, which I think Lukaku is incapable of doing. I'm also talking about being able to retain possession (part of defending), move the ball quickly which we've been able to do really well least season, and finally join the middle as needed.

And sometimes it's really not about Lukaku, but rather the player who leaves the team for him to play.

Edited by robsblubot

5 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Thought this rumour was dying, guess not then. Must been seen who wants to put the asked €30m on table for Paul Onouachu. Apparently this price tag scared off the likes of Arsenal and West Ham. I think they will get €20m at most.