Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lukaku never played for a progressive, front foot, assertive side when in England. He was at United in their worst and lowest point in recent history. Let’s at least see how he does now that he will be.

This will be the best team he will have ever played in at club level with arguably the best manager.

For a player like Lukaku that situation is not ideal, he pretty much best fits reactive side. There is a reason why reactive managers like Mourhino and Conte rate him, and sides that are assertive never considers him.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

For a player like Lukaku that situation is not ideal, he pretty much best fits reactive side. There is a reason why reactive managers like Mourhino and Conte rate him, and sides that are assertive never considers him.

Pep wanted him and Tuchel is also apparently on board with this. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I doubt we’ll even see Lukaku ready for the first PL match never mind the Super Cup. Has he even been back to Milan yet for training?

That would be typical if he misses the one match in the first two months that is tailor made for him.

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

As mentioned right above me, Pep is an admirer and now so is Tuchel.

I’m sure almost every club in Europe would fancy him if they could afford him.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As mentioned right above me, Pep is an admirer and now so is Tuchel.

Yep. Here are some direct quotes from Pep on Lukaku when he was playing for Man Utd:

"All good players adapt to all styles in the world.

"So I'm never going to hear you say that Lukaku is not my type player. I would never say that he would not be able to play under me or under another trainer. He is a top player. He is 24 and already has 100 Premier League goals on his mark. Not bad to start with.

"Secondly, when long balls are thrown, he is in the duels. He is fast and strong. I saw him here last season when we played against my friend Ronald Koeman (then Everton manager). He hurt us in the Etihad Stadium and finished us at Goodison Park.

"As I said: he is fast, goes well in depth, helps to keep the ball, and thus ensures that the others keep moving. He is top. A world-class player."

Pep has no reason to kiss a rival club player's ass if he doesn't actually rate them, and it's been widely reported that Man City enquired for Lukaku even this year but Romelu turned them down (it was when Conte was still at Inter and he had no intention to leave).

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

so what? i rate comments here more highly than some random managers opinions.

So you trust a random armchair fan's opinion more than that of the world's best manager in the last decade (and who has a real shout for best manager in the game ever)? And just when I thought the Lukaku haters couldn't get any more ridiculous.  😂

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Yes because the shit newspaper told you so. Thanks for the laugh, imagining Lukaku in Pep team is too funny. 

See above, I posted direct quotes from Pep in 2018...

You don't have to trust the newspapers if you don't want to, but ignoring actual comments by the man himself is something else.

Edited by Jype

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

world's best manager in the last decade (and who has a real shout for best manager in the game ever)

Pep CL wins in last decade = 0

And I am sure if VAR existed in 2009 and 2011 he would not win it with that Barca side either. We should know more than anyone this.

Guy who spent over a billion...

Said this many times Pep never overachieved in his career. He did expected in 50% and failed in 50%. 4 years at Barca, 3 at Bayern and 5 at City.

In this 12 seasons he had by far best team in almost every season apart from maybe a couple of years when he had one decent opponent. And Mou, Conte and Klopp beat him in the league.

In CL he is a joke with getting knocked out every season by inferior side.

And person you quoted with this did not show any signs of being Lukaku hater.

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

you dont?

On one hand we have Pep Guardiola, a man who lives and breathes football 24/7/365 and has won everything there is to win in the game both as a player and a manager multiple times over. 

On the other hand we have 'whats happening', a fan who writes poorly worded one-liner messages on an internet forum.

I don't know, when it comes to football knowledge it's a really tough choice.

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

See above, I posted direct quotes from Pep in 2018...

Dude just use your brain, Lukaku struggled to connect a few passes together under Mourhino. Imagining him doing it on a team that heavily involves their striker is a complete joke.

why did Pep made such comment? You don’t know Pep very well, he is very generous toward managers and players that he perceive as no threat to him. While he responds differently to managers and players that are competitive toward him. 

pep is a terrible loser, he has shown that throughout his career. 

Edited by Clockwork

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Dude just use your brain, Lukaku struggled to connect a few passes together under Mourhino. Imagining him doing it on a team that heavily involves their striker is a complete joke.

why did Pep made such comment? You don’t know Pep very well, he is very generous toward managers and players that he perceive as no threat to him. While he responds differently to managers and players that are competitive toward him. 

Every player struggled to connect a few passes together under Mourinho's United. Pogba for example is a player who at the moment is technically one of the most talented midfielders in the game and he also struggled badly under Mourinho. Lukaku, while obviously not the best player technically, hasn't had problems anywhere close to that bad at his other clubs. Lukaku's period at Man Utd was not good, but he's played much better football overall at Everton, Inter and the national team so why is everyone using the only bad period of his career as a stick to beat him with instead of looking at the bigger picture and judging him on his whole career so far?

And why wouldn't Pep have perceived Lukaku as a threat back in 2018? Just the previous season at Everton he was a key part of a team that destroyed Pep's Man City side 4-0 at home and 1-1 away with Lukaku scoring two of Everton's five goals.

20 minutes ago, Jype said:

On one hand we have Pep Guardiola, a man who lives and breathes football 24/7/365 and has won everything there is to win in the game both as a player and a manager multiple times over. 

On the other hand we have 'whats happening', a fan who writes poorly worded one-liner messages on an internet forum.

I don't know, when it comes to football knowledge it's a really tough choice.

lol, it's obviously me, or any other user on this forum over guardiola.

12 minutes ago, Jype said:

Every player struggled to connect a few passes together under Mourinho's United. Pogba for example is a player who at the moment is technically one of the most talented midfielders in the game and he also struggled badly under Mourinho. Lukaku, while obviously not the best player technically, hasn't had problems anywhere close to that bad at his other clubs. Lukaku's period at Man Utd was not good, but he's played much better football overall at Everton, Inter and the national team so why is everyone using the only bad period of his career as a stick to beat him with instead of looking at the bigger picture and judging him on his whole career so far?

And why wouldn't Pep have perceived Lukaku as a threat back in 2018? Just the previous season at Everton he was a key part of a team that destroyed Pep's Man City side 4-0 at home and 1-1 away with Lukaku scoring two of Everton's five goals.

I’ll be honest I have not seen much of Lukaku at Inter, but every time I have seen him I don’t come away thinking he has changed. Look you are trying too hard to undue Lakuku reputation, he has a reputation for scoring goals but overall play seriously lacking. You are painting Lukaku as a great overall player, which he is not. 

Best case scenario Lukaku lives up to his reputation as a goal scorer against weak sides. I don’t want Lukaku, but if he lives up to that I would be content.