Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea squad for their pre-season tour of America.

Goalkeepers: Sanchez, Bettinelli, Beach, Bergstrom

Defenders: James, Gusto, Acheampong, Fofana, Disasi
Tosin, Badiashile, Colwill, Chilwell, Veiga

Midfielders: Chukwuemeka, Lavia, Ugochukwu, Dewsbury-Hall, Santos

Forwards: Jackson, Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Broja, George, Guiu, Angelo

Not present and leaving Chelsea is: 

-Petrovic (injured) 
-Slonina (Olympia)
-Kepa
-Chalobah
-Gilchrist
-Sarr
-Wiley (Olympia)
-Casadei
-Kellyman (injured)
-Diego Moreira
-Lukaku
-David Fofana
-Washington
-Humphreys
-Ishé Samuels-Smith
-Zak Sturge
-Alex Matos
-Jimi Tauriainen
-Harvey Vale
-Leo Castledine
-Tino Anjorin
-Mason Burstow
-Ronnie Stutter
-Dujuan Richards

Cole Palmer, Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez, Gallagher, Cucurella could join up at later dates.

Amazing how many players we have, and how many players we have still to move.

Players who you did not mention, but was on the bench at least once last season (excluding GK):

Josh Brooking
Harrison Murray-Campbell
Billy Gee
Kiano Dyer

The uproar in Trev is very justified, he may not be elite level in some peoples eyes but he is the best of a very bad bunch and plays with a heart and passion some simply wish they had. In a world where we have Disasi, Badiashielle, a crocked Fofana and a second rate Tosin I'd take him over all of them

7 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Simon Phillips has Twitter popping posts left and right about Oscar Bobb. Oscar has said he wants more playing time but he will be patient. Now there are a lot of rumors he could be used for a trade to Newcastle. He might be willing to move if they are really discussing selling or him being involved in a trade. City fans are losing it if he is sold.

Does he play on the left of the attacking midfield? Very coolly scored that late goal vs Newcastle last season. Looks a talent

15 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea want a resolution in the next few days on Jorgensen. Lunin agents have been contacted, but Hermansson and Jorgensen are ahead of him. (@JorgeCPicon @MatteMoretto)

That's an awful list.

Clearlake's main point is they're looking at the data and taking ruthless calls. But they've hesitated on the GK signing from the moment they walked into the club. Don't get why we shouldn't just target an elite keeper. 

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Trying to do some YouTube scouting of goalkeepers is always such a chore. Tried to get a look at this Jorgensen guy we’re linked with but as with most keeper montages all they really show is him making saves. Something you can get a million clips of for any keeper. I want to see how these guys are with their distribution, passing, and their composure when being pressed.

So I have no clue what this guy brings that our current keepers don’t. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Yup. Can't scout keepers on YouTube. Need to watch full games to get a sense. You rarely get clips of their handling in set-pieces, crosses and their decisions when they receive the ball with the attackers pressing the main passing options out of the back. 

I know that squad list on the way to the US isn't complete with plenty missing still but fuck me, it's fucking brutal reading that

I'm not basing my comment on that list but I'm saying we finish between 9th and 14th next season, I really cannot see us doing anything

11 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Quite depressing to look at this list tbh. Matos, Burstow, Casadei, Richards, Samuels-Smith, Moreira, Washington.. All these guys were signed one year ago only, all around 20 years old and so far away from first team that they can’t even make the first cut in preseason - in a Euros/Olympics/CopAm summer.

I understand academy products don’t always end up to be top players, and also there are some senior players who we need to get rid of(like Lukaku and Kepa), but above 6-7 players.. They were already 18-19 when we signed them and none of them seem to be even any close to Chelsea level.

I think those are being left behind to secure loans away.same as players with more chance of a future with us like Gilchrist.

This is so frustrating. We have again spent close to 100m euros this summer on some random dudes who at best are ok squad players and at worst are absolute crap which is more likely . Could have just signed one player who actually makes us better. The money ‘saved’ on wages by buying 19 yo means nothing when they likely all suck and no one wants to buy/loan them eventually so they just stick around collecting their paychecks 

Regularly, you need one good goalie, the backup you usually get for free. We made Sanchez one of the most expensive gks in history, then bought and played Petro over him, now jorgensen/hermanson . It just does not stop. Clownlake appear determined to spend as much as money on the worst possible players . It is as if they are laundering money - badly

This forum is so damn negative about our squad. I don’t get it. We were horrible for much of last season, had no discernible style of play, and had the worst injury situation in the league and we STILL came within touching distance of top 4. If we made 0 new signings and simply started this new season with those injured players back fit I think we take a big step forward. 

I especially think so many of our fans just instantly dismissing Tosin and KDH as “average dross” and terms like that before we even kick a ball is mad. I totally get and share the frustration with the signing of totally unproven guys like Guiu and Veiga but Tosin & KDH are senior pros who I think slot in and improve our first XI from day 1.

Really feels like we’re just a top keeper and another goal scorer of some sort away from being a truly elite team ready to compete with anyone. I don’t get the doom and gloom at all. Player for player I think our squad is COMFORTABLY superior to the teams we’ll be competing with for the 3rd/4th spot. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I know that squad list on the way to the US isn't complete with plenty missing still but fuck me, it's fucking brutal reading that

I'm not basing my comment on that list but I'm saying we finish between 9th and 14th next season, I really cannot see us doing anything

Even last season we almost got top 4, and for now at least we have Fofana, Nkunku, Lavia and Reece James fit. We should be much more solid in defence under the new manager but may score a few less goals. Personally I don't understand the pessimism - for myself I'd predict we will at least get top 6, but am optimistic we could get 3rd.

Truth is the league is crazy hard now but predicting below top 6 is just silly.

Imo where we could perhaps be a little pessimistic is about whether the season will actually be enjoyable. Maresca-ball is all about control and patience. It could be quite tedious. But there is really no basis to predict we will perform worse than last year, where we were both unlucky and horrendously poorly managed for 90% of the season.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This forum is so damn negative about our squad. I don’t get it. We were horrible for much of last season, had no discernible style of play, and had the worst injury situation in the league and we STILL came within touching distance of top 4. If we made 0 new signings and simply started this new season with those injured players back fit I think we take a big step forward. 

I especially think so many of our fans just instantly dismissing Tosin and KDH as “average dross” and terms like that before we even kick a ball is mad. I totally get and share the frustration with the signing of totally unproven guys like Guiu and Veiga but Tosin & KDH are senior pros who I think slot in and improve our first XI from day 1.

Really feels like we’re just a top keeper and another goal scorer of some sort away from being a truly elite team ready to compete with anyone. I don’t get the doom and gloom at all. Player for player I think our squad is COMFORTABLY superior to the teams we’ll be competing with for the 3rd/4th spot. 

Overall I agree with you, however you have to remember we lost our best defender Thiago, will propably lose our second (IMHO) best defender Trevor (who is average but bar is low). There is also huge chance we will lose our most reliable (in terms of health) player in Gallagher. So it's not like this is the same squad as last year, and we are betting on some players to remain fit and others (looking at you CBs) to step up.

5 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Overall I agree with you, however you have to remember we lost our best defender Thiago, will propably lose our second (IMHO) best defender Trevor (who is average but bar is low). There is also huge chance we will lose our most reliable (in terms of health) player in Gallagher. So it's not like this is the same squad as last year, and we are betting on some players to remain fit and others (looking at you CBs) to step up.

Thiago Silva we may absolutely miss but Trev and Gallagher will be forgotten about quickly in the same way Mount and Havertz were last season. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thiago Silva we may absolutely miss but Trev and Gallagher will be forgotten about quickly in the same way Mount and Havertz were last season. 

I hope so, and TBH I hope that Cowill will finally step up and we will forget about Thiago also

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Yup. Can't scout keepers on YouTube. Need to watch full games to get a sense. You rarely get clips of their handling in set-pieces, crosses and their decisions when they receive the ball with the attackers pressing the main passing options out of the back. 

More than this, many of the situations you need to see handled several times to get a sense of his actual level might not happen at all during the game you watch.

12 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Quite depressing to look at this list tbh. Matos, Burstow, Casadei, Richards, Samuels-Smith, Moreira, Washington.. All these guys were signed one year ago only, all around 20 years old and so far away from first team that they can’t even make the first cut in preseason - in a Euros/Olympics/CopAm summer.

I'd be surprised if Matos, Richards and a few others like Castledine are not on loan by the end of the transfer window. 

As for players like Washington, Moreira, I'm not really sure what the plan was for these types of 'development' players as they are nowhere near our first team and likely won't be involved for many seasons. 

21 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I hope so, and TBH I hope that Cowill will finally step up and we will forget about Thiago also

What Colwill needs is a JT/Cahill alongside him to show him the way.  I don't see him thriving next to Tosin or Disaster. 

Feel like that's been the problem with our defensive lineup in recent times, other than Thiago there was no other senior leader/voice. 

Go back to our best days, you had JT, Cahill, Ashley Cole, Azpi, Ivanovic....they were all leaders/captains on the pitch for club or country at some point.