Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

#BREAKING: Former Chelsea Assistant Coach, Joe Edwards (37-year-old) could be named as Strasbourg Head Coach in coming days.

(@lequipe/@ftresarrieu)

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Hope this trash is fake.

One of the worst CMs I've ever seen in Brazil midfield.

The other one was (United) Fred.

Edited by robsblubot

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Hope this trash is fake.

lol these outlets literally just making shit up out of thin air.

He’s not even as good as Gallagher or Carney. 

New contacts between Chelsea and Nottingham Forest for defender Murillo, who remains a strong target for the Blues this summer.

~ @Glongari

Chelsea are in ongoing negotiations for Murillo at Nottingham Forest.

Chelsea will attempt to sell both of Trevoh Chalobah Axel Disasi and Benoit Badiashile.

Alfie Gilchrist is available for loan and clubs being explored now. Como and Watford have enquired.

👀👀

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

lol these outlets literally just making shit up out of thin air.

He’s not even as good as Gallagher or Carney. 

Also reported in Brazil -- perhaps from the same source, the agent Kia Joorabchian.

Thought Carney was more of a left winger, or at least that's where I liked him the most in the couple of games he played.

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Are you serious here? You think a CB, a goalie, a striker, wingers require the same experience level? Physicality? really?! Any 18yo successful goalies you remember? Any 18yo CB for that matter?
Now wingers are a bit more common to see u20 aren't they? because they are not in the "contact zone" are not the "backbone" of a team.

I specifically listed only 2 strikers that I can remember who had success at the highest level u20... now if you are not interested in this discussion, I honestly don't know you replied. 🤷‍♂️

Where exactly did I mention that?

Any 18yo successful goalies you remember?  I'll go one better for you, Donnaruma at 16-17 years of age -Gianluigi Donnarumma - Detailed stats | Transfermarkt 

Thibo at 19 years of age (another example close enough to show the former isn't a generational talent) - Thibaut Courtois - Detailed stats | Transfermarkt

Do you want me to debunk any more theories?

Each player ought to be assessed appropriately. But it feels like a cop-out to me to pick and choose how to judge someone based on their age, price tag, position, or whatever league they play in.

Did I not mention Haaland? If you are truly prepared to keep to the topic at hand, I'm happy to have any discussion on it. Please direct me to the people who are requesting "too much" from Guiu.

Edited by LAM09

6 hours ago, mkh said:

Enzo Maresca has advised new Chelsea signing Marc Guiu to join Espanyol on loan for the season. (via @esport3)

So another club signing who the manager either didn’t have a say in/didn’t want/doesn’t think is ready for the first team.

Only a small fee but again, like Washington, Ugochuwku, Fofana, to name a few….. What is the likelihood of seeing him playing for us in 2/3 seasons? 

Andreas Perreira signing would be absolutely hilarious also. Not a bad player but another KDH level, not an improvement on what we already have and never will be.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Where exactly did I mention that?

Any 18yo successful goalies you remember?  I'll go one better for you, Donnaruma at 16-17 years of age -Gianluigi Donnarumma - Detailed stats | Transfermarkt

Do you want me to debunk any more theories?

Each player ought to be assessed appropriately. But it feels like a cop-out to me to pick and choose how to judge someone based on their age, price tag, position, or whatever league they play in.

Did I not mention Haaland? If you are truly prepared to keep to the topic at hand, I'm happy to have any discussion on it. Please direct me to the people who are requesting "too much" from Guiu.

That's my point exactly. It's how *rare* it is to find elite players who delivered at such young age U20, in the case of our specific player, 18 years old. I wrote the folks have unrealistic expectations with very young players, which is the post you replied to.

Haaland was 21 when he joined City, and is 23yo now.

It's pointless to discuss theories when we disagree on facts: what a U20 player is, for example.

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So another club signing who the manager either didn’t have a say in/didn’t want/doesn’t think is ready for the first team.

Only a small fee but again, like Washington, Ugochuwku, Fofana, to name a few….. What is the likelihood of seeing him playing for us in 2/3 seasons? 

Andreas Perreira signing would be absolutely hilarious also. Not a bad player but another KDH level, not an improvement on what we already have and never will be.

As much as people don't like being told it, we're making a lot of moves similar to those of a midtable side. If we are banking on Estevao, Paez, etc. to take us to the next level in 3+ years, we could be in major trouble.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That's my point exactly. It's how *rare* it is to find elite players who delivered at such young age U20, in the case of our specific player, 18 years old. I wrote the folks have unrealistic expectations with very young players, which is the post you replied to.

Haaland was 21 when he joined City, and is 23yo now.

It's pointless to discuss theories when we disagree on facts: what a U20 player is, for example.

Although you act as though they don't, they do. Once more, I've been reading exactly the same posts that you have, and I haven't come across anyone who believes that Guiu would solve all of our problems—like our CF problems, for instance.

I brought up Haaland as a U20 athlete. Check out his Dortmund & Salzburg stats. This is the problem with you selectively choosing the information that you feel is appropriate for you.

Best to leave this pointless discussion as is.

Edited by LAM09

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As much as people don't like being told it, we're making a lot of moves similar to those of a midtable side. If we are banking on Estevao, Paez, etc. to take us to the next level in 3+ years, we could be in major trouble.

Although you act as though they don't, they do. Once more, I've been reading exactly the same posts that you have, and I haven't come across anyone who believes that Guiu would solve all of our problems—like our CF problems, for instance.

I brought up Haaland as a U20 athlete. Check out his Dortmund & Salzburg stats. This is the problem with you selectively choosing the information that you feel is appropriate for you.

Best to leave this pointless discussion as is.

That's perhaps the difference between you and me: you may think that Haaland is not that unique, while I think Haaland is a freak of nature; and that expecting u18 players to be another haaland (or Rooney or Ronaldo 9) is unrealistic. That was literally the point I was making all along. 🤷‍♂️

Here's one in case you missed: 

L'Equipe is reporting that Brian Barry-Murphy is in the frame for Strasbourg's new head coach. 

The report states that Strasbourg are targeting an English technician, young, trainer and aligned with BlueCo's global policy.

Brain is a free agent after leaving City U21 this summer.

6 hours ago, whats happening said:

bring him back instead of gallagher then.

Too old for Clearlake unfortunately, and his likely wages won't fit the new structure.

Even in physically declined state, I would love to have him as a squad option.

Can't miss more games than our youngster Lavia did last season, lol.