Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

de Ligt, Upamecano, Kim, Dier

4 of the most overrated defenders in the past 10 years.

Mind boggling Dier moved to Bayern Munich -- couldn't think of a single player less suited to that style of play. He's just not good enough on the ball and lacks mobility too.

Can't be a CB and named Kim -- gotta change your name buddy. 😅
Upamecano now that's a CB's name alright except folks have nicknamed him UpaMaguire.

You are obviously wrong about de Ligt though. Anyone named "de [something]" is automatically Dutch and therefore a good footballer.

4 hours ago, Mário César said:

frankly, I don't think we're going to sign any big-name players

the board wants to keep the salary structure in good condition, so we're screwed  

the only chance is Nico Williams now...

You know what, I am happy with our squad. I hope Maresca manages to keep the team spirit and we avoid the crazy amount of injuries from last season. There is a good vibe around the first team and that is essential.

We must add a number 9. Nico is ok, but we can’t leave him alone. Lukaku, Broja and Fofana are as good as gone. I am not sure if I prefer Osimhen or Duran, but we need two senior strikers minimum.

The absolute necessity of a new GK is speculative. We don’t have a keeper to win the league with, but I don’t see us winning it this season. In a good tactical setup both our keepers can get us top 4. 

1 hour ago, lluubbeenn said:

You know what, I am happy with our squad. I hope Maresca manages to keep the team spirit and we avoid the crazy amount of injuries from last season. There is a good vibe around the first team and that is essential.

We must add a number 9. Nico is ok, but we can’t leave him alone. Lukaku, Broja and Fofana are as good as gone. I am not sure if I prefer Osimhen or Duran, but we need two senior strikers minimum.

The absolute necessity of a new GK is speculative. We don’t have a keeper to win the league with, but I don’t see us winning it this season. In a good tactical setup both our keepers can get us top 4. 

If those are the options I rather buy no-one and roll with Jackson again and go False 9 with either Palmer or Nkunku when he needs a break or is injured. In fact I would also just throw in Guiu or Washington instead of buying one of those two. 

Osimhen is the lethal busted flush combination of overrated and vastly overpriced. Duran is limted and everyone should be worried about why Villa - an upward team - would seemingly be happy to sell this apprant 'very good CF' for a reasonable fee - it screams that he either isn't very good or he is an absolute nightmare to deal with - maybe both. 

I get the feeling that striker isn’t really even in our thoughts currently. The club are banking on Nico taking a big leap (which I agree with) and a combination on Guiu, Nkunku, and the attacking mids being enough to score us plenty of goals. There just isn’t that standout striker available this window that’s within reach. 

Any attacking signing we make the rest of this window will likely be a wide player. We’ll revisit both the striker and goalkeeper positions in January after we’ve had a good chunk of the season to assess whether Sanchez and Nico Jackson + Guiu are adequate. 

18 hours ago, mkh said:

Simons gone
Doué gone
Williams they don't want because of the high salary
Alvaro Valles goes to Marseille.

none of the 3 left are off the table (I agree we will not go for Williams)

that said

Valles is a very good GKer, but he is not as good as Mamardashvili

Doué we should snap up quickly

Btw, what ever happened with the Anselmino deal? By all accounts that was a done deal like 2 weeks ago, we agreed to loan him back to Boca, but then we never did get an announcement or anything.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we’re going to bring in another wide attacker I don’t know why we’d bring in yet another young talent like this when we’ve got Estevão and Paez to come next summer

because we need a right footed LW

we need to flush Sterling with his insane £17m per season salary, and that leaves us only Muddy as right footed winger

Desiré Doué is an ambipedal LWer

Morgan Rogers is a right footed LWer

Estevão and Paez are left-footed and play on the right or the middle as a 10, same as Cole (eeek)

if we do not buy a left winger, one of them may play on the left next season

dog only knows

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need to flush Sterling with his insane £17m per season salary, and that leaves us only Muddy as right footed winger

Estevão and Paez are left-footed and play on the right or the middle as a 10, same as Cole (eeek)

dog only knows

Surely Nkunku will be starting on the left…

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Btw, what ever happened with the Anselmino deal? By all accounts that was a done deal like 2 weeks ago, we agreed to loan him back to Boca, but then we never did get an announcement or anything.

maybe it fell apart

this is a week old:

https://www.givemesport.com/exclusive-Chelsea-determine-aaron-anselmino-destination/

snip

"With Aaron Anselmino, Chelsea and Boca have an agreement in principle - both club-to-club, and club-to-player. The club-to-club agreement is around £14million, and the player has agreed personal terms.

"The final part that is being determined is whether he arrives at Chelsea or Strasbourg. This is a Chelsea deal, and Anselmino will remain at Boca for a minimum of six months, but it could be a year and if it isn't a full year until summer 2025, then January until summer 2025 may well be a six-month loan at Strasbourg.

"So that is the pathway that is currently being discussed. Other than that the deal is all verbally in place, and as long as there are no surprises or hitches, then that's another one that Chelsea will get done with a view to their long-term future and ultimately finding the best talents in South America."

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Amadou Onana is off to Villa from Everton

Good signing. Villa are going to be very good again this season but I still think they take a slight step back.

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

dog only knows

this Doue guy reminds me of Young hazards in lille,,someone who can dribble and good technique...