Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

LB, which in the system (we think) Maresca will play is effectively LCB in a back three.

So then what happens with Cucu and Chilly? We’d have the same issue of overload as we would at LCB. If Chilly were sold I guess it could make sense but there has been no indication at all that he could go.

1 minute ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Just been announced haha

Literally 2 minutes after I posted 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I have to say all of them except Bove seem to be better than KDH.

+ Khephren Thuram contract expires in 25. Reports he is going to Juve for 12.75m pounds. Same for Youssof Fofana - contract expires in 25 and is valued at 21m pounds. 

Bove was a beast i n some of the Roma games I saw, but yes, he would be the bottom of those 5

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So then what happens with Cucu and Chilly? We’d have the same issue of overload as we would at LCB. If Chilly were sold I guess it could make sense but there has been no indication at all that he could go.

Literally 2 minutes after I posted 🤣🤣🤣

Him and Cucu will have more than enough games between them, we're looking at close to 80 if things go to plan in the cups.

Chilwell I don't know because he can't play the LCB role and I don't think he'll be able to invert into midfield well either (I know he played inverted under TT but that was more underlapping runs as opposed to going into midfield).

🚨Marc Guiu: "Of course I want to win the Champions League and the Premier League for Chelsea.

On a personal level, I want to help the team as much as I can by scoring lots of goals and I want to become the best centre forward in the world."

~ @ChelseaFC

Chelsea complete Marc Guiu signing from Barcelona

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5593053/2024/07/01/marc-guiu-Chelsea-barcelona-transfer/

GettyImages-1739307570-scaled-e169804351

Chelsea have completed the signing of 18-year-old striker Marc Guiu from Barcelona.

He has signed a six-year deal to keep him at the club until 2030.

The Athletic reported Chelsea had reached an agreement in principle to sign Guiu and were set to activate a €6million release clause in his Barcelona contract.

He is being seen as a Chelsea acquisition rather than one for Strasbourg, who are in their multi-club model and already used as an alternative venue to develop players.

“It’s an immense joy to sign for Chelsea and I struggled to sleep ahead of the journey here because I was so excited,” Guiu said. “Ever since I was small, it was my dream to play in the Premier League.

“Now I have the opportunity to come here to Chelsea and I will work my hardest to be successful for the club.”

Guiu is a product of Barcelona’s La Masia youth academy, having been at the club since 2013.

He rose to prominence last season after scoring a match-winning goal in October’s 1-0 win against Athletic Bilbao to become Barcelona’s youngest-ever player to score on debut, at the age of 17 years and 291 days.

Guiu first appeared in the first team squad during pre-season in 2023, featuring on Barcelona’s tour of Japan.

Guiu subsequently spent last season alternating between Barcelona’s first team and Barcelona Athletic, the club’s reserve side which plays in the Spanish third tier. 

The Spain youth international made seven first-team appearances during the campaign, scoring twice.

Chelsea have been in the market for striking reinforcements this summer, with Nicolas Jackson their first-choice centre-forward last season.

The Athletic reported they had an offer of €32.5million (£27.4m) plus add-ons rejected for Atletico Madrid forward Samu Omorodion. They have also held talks with the representatives of Lille striker Jonathan David, and held an interest in Aston Villa’s Jhon Duran.

Romelu Lukaku, Armando Broja, David Datro Fofana and Mason Burstow are among the attacking options returning to Stamford Bridge this summer following loan spells last season.

18 hours ago, Mário César said:

im reading leicester forum and I dont see so many complements to him 

he was easily their best player in a 97 point season with a +48 GD

I am not ecstastic over buying him, I would prefer the ones I listed above, espevially Pablo Barrios from AM (pic below), but I am ok with Dewsbury-Hall

it is silly to call him Drinkwater 2.0, as some are doing

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEnFEYsAh7yJUVTvsKsAU

I get the thought process behind Calafiori potentially being overkill but he looks a real player and what looks like a more than reasonable price.

Sometimes, when fantastic opportunities arise, you just have to take them and worry about the rest afterwards.

He looks at a level already better than all of our centre backs, and despite Cucurella's good recent form, he's an upgrade in that LB transitioning into LCB position too.

I wouldn't entertain selling Colwill, I think there's much more to come from him. I like Badiashile but if he was sacrificed for someone like Calafiori then so be it.

However, I actually think he'd be earmarked for the left back spot if he's expected to tuck in and make a back 3. And I would think Chilwell could be the fall guy under Maresca. Even if he could stay fit, I just don't see where he fits in. He's not good enough defensively and far too attack minded to play at LB and isn't a good option elsewhere. It should be noted that Maresca let some of Leicester's full backs leave last summer who were more 'traditional' full backs. Ricardo Pereira was technically and tactically good enough to transition his role but I don't think Chilwell is.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

De Ligt available for £42.5m apparently. Should be all over that. 

hard pass

crazy wages

I rate all of the following remotely available right footed CBs over de Ligt (it is a small 'd') - not including Giorgio Scalvini  as he is injured, so not available until 2025)

Ronald Araujo    
Bremer  
Leny Yoro (but Real want him, so not likely)
António Silva    
Jean-Clair Todibo

Zirkzee is definitely not the striker we need now that Guiu is here and evidently going straight into the first team. With he and Jackson both being pretty raw and inconsistent we need the finished product if we sign another striker and Zirkzee is not that.

Jonathan David still makes the most sense.

Also I don't understand why would another left footer be a problem like people are making it to be. 

Vidic-Ferdinand

Terry-Carvalho

Nesta-Stam

All right footers. And among best pairings in history. 

Two lefties can also play together. Italy did it with Calafiori himself and Bastoni. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also I don't understand why would another left footer be a problem like people are making it to be. 

Vidic-Ferdinand

Terry-Carvalho

Nesta-Stam

All right footers. And among best pairings in history. 

Two lefties can also play together. Italy did it with Calafiori himself and Bastoni. 

it started few years ago and im always confused how we have to buy a certain player because of his stronger foot