Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The Villa kid will be nowhere near the first team, a signing to tick boxes

If he cost 5 or even 10 million I could sort of understand it. We buy low, hope he has a super successful loan at a smaller PL or Championship side, and then sell him for double what we paid for him. But at £19m how can that possibly happen here? How can we expect to make a profit on a kid this expensive unless he stays with the first team and looks super impressive?

It just doesn’t make sense at all.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If he cost 5 or even 10 million I could sort of understand it. We buy low, hope he has a super successful loan at a smaller PL or Championship side, and then sell him for double what we paid for him. But at £19m how can that possibly happen here? How can we expect to make a profit on a kid this expensive unless he stays with the first team and looks super impressive?

Nothing makes sense at this club anymore, the decisions are just mind boggling.

And btw, I’ll be super pissed off if we bin off the previous Villa lad Carney and replace him in the first team squad with this guy. 

A fit Chukwameka looked super promising and could be great in an intricate, possession based team.

All I'm reading about this Guiu kid is how good he is from Barca fans... Saying they are losing a gem if he leaves and that Barca are a disgrace for letting him leave.

I don't see the talent they do, but I've only seen brief Youtube glimpses. Anyone done more of a deep dive? 

24 minutes ago, Thor said:

All I'm reading about this Guiu kid is how good he is from Barca fans... Saying they are losing a gem if he leaves and that Barca are a disgrace for letting him leave.

I don't see the talent they do, but I've only seen brief Youtube glimpses. Anyone done more of a deep dive? 

We should just be glad that the club is spending only £5m on this kid than £40m on Duran, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Strike said:

I agree our options are not the best. But we can't use limited funds we have on another CB. We have to roll with the options we have which are plenty

RCB - Fofana, Tosin, Disasi

LCB - Colwill, Badiashile 

+ Trevoh, Alfie, Malang in reserves

+ Reece, Cucu able to fill in an emergency

if we sell Trevoh, he must be replaced

after Toson the options are dire if Trevoh goes

Disasi is not good enough, a terrible buy (and I said so at the time)

and we really should sell Badi too

thsoe two let in too many goals

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That Villa deal was just cooking the books, it seems like they only agreed to pay the fee for Maatsen as long as we 'paid' for one of their youngsters. 

I know a few Villa fans and they said Kellyman is definitely one of the better youngsters coming through in recent times from their academy but the fee should be more like 8 to 10 million + achievable add-ons (based on appearances etc). 

Yup. This is the case. 

Villa payed 8-10m extra for Maatsen and we paid the same extra amount for Kellyman.

I saw the BBC main writer questioning these moves. But teams do flip academy players for profit. City - Palmer, Trafford, Bazunu last year for example. They are now paying attention because two teams are making mutually beneficial moves?

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

It's a quid pro quo with Villa to ensure we are within PSR rules. I wouldn't get too hung up over the 19m fee.

It's likely the club needed to sell someone for pure profit by June 30. And Villa agreed to come in for Maatsen at 37.5 which is also an inflated fee.  

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Oh the dilemmas 🤣

🤣

For this cheap of a price it’s literally a no lose situation for us. Unless the kid is the only striker we buy this summer, that is. Even if he is underwhelming we’ll be able to at least double the £5m from some Spanish club. If he blossoms here we’ve got someone with top potential for the change between our sofa cushions.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

🤣

For this cheap of a price it’s literally a no lose situation for us. Unless the kid is the only striker we buy this summer, that is. Even if he is underwhelming we’ll be able to at least double the £5m from some Spanish club. If he blossoms here we’ve got someone with top potential for the change between our sofa cushions.

Even I like the financials but I am sure people said there's no downside in signing Malang Sarr for free and look at us now. Haven't been able to shift him for years. 

Edited by Strike

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Even I like the financials but I am sure people said there's no downside in signing Malang Sarr for free and look at us now. Haven't been able to shift him for years. 

I would hope this new wage structure means we won’t be dumb enough to give this kid silly wages like we did Sarr. Isn’t he in 100k a week or something obscene? That’s some sackable shit.

4 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

more established forward like David or Beier

Beier is hardly 'established'

this is his entire topflight league career:

16 goals, 3 assists, 2558 minutes

he was only 20 and 21yo last season (Nico is now 23)

d40e09202d8d2691ac41f91ba1c4540b.png

David, who is only a year and half older than Nico

has 97 goals and 23 assists at topflight league level

039a290de2c51fb348f85923a627768f.png

121 and 33 in all topflight club comps, including CL (4 goals and an assist in 10 CL games) and Europa League (7 goals and 4 assists)

plus 26 goals and 16 assists for Canada's Sr team

that's almost 200 total goals produced for club and country at topflight level, all at the age of 24 (he turns 25 around 7 months from now)

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

The Villa kid is a pawn in the FFP game. 

Probably, but I don’t get the math. I can hardly believe no other club would have offered a deal that gives us more than a 37,5m - 19m + a useless player out of selling Maatsen 

Personally I do not find anything about the £19m signing of some random Villa youth suspicious. Probably Joe Shields liked the look of him and he gets money to spend where he wants.

Doesn't even come close to being a bizarre signing by our standards over the last couple of years. Maatsen fee also perfectly normal imo, given what we got for Lewis Hall who was not even close to accomplishing what Maatsen has (CL final, wanted by multiple top European teams, etc)

Edited by Mhsc

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Probably, but I don’t get the math. I can hardly believe no other club would have offered a deal that gives us more than a 37,5m - 19m + a useless player out of selling Maatsen 

June 30 deadline approaching. Didn't look like there were clubs lining up to pay that fee for Maatsen. 

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Your math is wrong. Maatsen is pure profit 37.5m now. The 19m are spread over 5 years, so close to 4m per season. We can account for more than 33.5m profit in this window. 
On the other hand Villa will do the same and will have a profit of 11.5m from this deal.

MAGIC 😀