Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Okay, just watched a new, much longer YouTube video of Estevão and came away MUCH more convinced about him. The previous videos I watched of him made question if he was actually worthy of the hype and excitement. He didn’t look that special to me before. But now I’m legit excited about him coming next summer.

What’s crazy is that as impressed as I now am with Estevão, Kendry Paez looks even better. The phrase “generational talent” gets thrown around too loosely these days but he looks like one. A superstar in the making if he is coached right and settles well. His close control, ability to dribble multiple players, and most of all his confidence at age 16/17 is insane.

Really makes me wonder why we’re going out and potentially dropping £60m+ on Olise when these two are waiting in the wings. Unless there’s a big clear out of wide attackers planned with Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk all going over the next 12 months.

I agree on both counts. Estevao does look a huge talent in his highlight videos but Paez looks to be on another level, which only underscores the hype surrounding the Ecuadorian. All of which gives the two lads a lot to live up to, and us a lot to look forward to. 

As for Olise, of all the players linked, or signed, last summer he was number one on my wish list. (Although I had watched Palmer run the show against us in the 2020 Youth Cup Final, and had been blown away by his talent, he never occurred to me as a potential transfer target.) You do ask the right question though about what we're going to do with all of this talent.

I'm guessing that the plan would be to put off any irreversible decisions by adding Paez to the squad and loaning Estevao to Strasbourg. If nothing else he should help their fans start to feel a lot better about being part of BlueCo. That plan would allow BlueCo to inject a few extra pounds into Chelsea in the form of a loan fee. If this is set at a level which covers the amortisation of his transfer fee, then Chelsea will essentially have signed the player for free.

Later, if Estevao lives up to his potential, the time will come when he demands either first team football at Chelsea or a move to another competitive high level club. Then we have the option to add him to our squad if that is the correct decision or to cash in on his enhanced transfer value. Meanwhile, back at Stamford Bridge, Olise and Paez sharing playing time sounds like squad depth to dream of.

The question still remains though can we get Olise. I'm not confident and in fact think we have no chance if City throw their hat into the ring. I've read that there could be no room for Olise at the Etihad because of Phil Foden. I don't see it that way however. Firstly, City have a clear strategy of a squad which represents two first elevens, rather than starters and backups. Secondly, Foden can play the KDB position, leaving Olise and Silva to cover the inverted right wing spot.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

And they probably would be if we weren’t already well stocked in that #10 area with Nkunku & Palmer.

Both Musiala and Wirtz are probably the next £100m players when/if they move. Musiala is probably impossible for anyone other than Real Madrid when his contract runs down a bit. Wirtz we would probably be after if we had room for him. Fits the Clearlake blueprint.

High wages these type players doesn't fit into Clownlake model with wage cap up to 150 for a week .The problem is not that there is no place, but that we are not interested in such type of players. These players are  proven wonderkids not these we take .Fact

Edited by milka

9 minutes ago, milka said:

Musiala is probably impossible for anyone other than Real Madrid when his contract runs down a bit.

PSG can afford him as well (do not see him going there though)

to think we had both Musiala and Rice (at least £215 to £225m or so to buy them both atm) at our academy/youth teams, PLUS had a chance long ago sign Mbappe

grrrrrrrrrrr

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Okay, just watched a new, much longer YouTube video of Estevão and came away MUCH more convinced about him. The previous videos I watched of him made question if he was actually worthy of the hype and excitement. He didn’t look that special to me before. But now I’m legit excited about him coming next summer.

What’s crazy is that as impressed as I now am with Estevão, Kendry Paez looks even better. The phrase “generational talent” gets thrown around too loosely these days but he looks like one. A superstar in the making if he is coached right and settles well. His close control, ability to dribble multiple players, and most of all his confidence at age 16/17 is insane.

Really makes me wonder why we’re going out and potentially dropping £60m+ on Olise when these two are waiting in the wings. Unless there’s a big clear out of wide attackers planned with Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk all going over the next 12 months.

you get the feeling that the left side of the attack is too strong and the right side is much weaker

45 minutes ago, Vesper said:

PSG can afford him as well (do not see him going there though)

to think we had both Musiala and Rice (at least £215 to £225m or so to buy them both atm) at our academy/youth teams, PLUS had a chance long ago sign Mbappe

grrrrrrrrrrr

Mbappe probably gets signed early under current ownership lol. 

38 minutes ago, Mário César said:

you get the feeling that the left side of the attack is too strong and the right side is much weaker

completely backwards

our right is FAR sronger

on the left you have Sterling, Muddy, CuCu, and the ever-injured Chilly

hardly the stuff of trophies

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

completely backwards

our right is FAR sronger

on the left you have Sterling, Muddy, CuCu, and the ever-injured Chilly

hardly the stuff of trophies

Yes im was talking abour our left foot wingers that play in right side of the field

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

Yes im was talking abour our left foot wingers that play in right side of the field

that makes no sense

you said

you said side, not footedness

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Get him instead of Duracell.

Looks excellent on YouTube this last season. Classic big #9 but surprisingly good with the ball at his feet.

Problem is he’s 28 (so therefore not what Clearlake go for) and that he would go to AFCON just like Nico Jackson will. So losing both of our strikers at the same time is a no-no. 

On 14/06/2024 at 07:17, Strike said:

This is great. United spending 70m on a mid-tier CB + Everton will get the funds to pay for Broja. 

£70m for him is MADNESS

he played like shit in multiple games I watched him

there is a post somewhere back a couple months ago where I said he is now off my lists

I looked it up

it was exactly 2 months ago to the day

7667e603e9234eea280c331101e1aee4.png

48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£70m for him is MADNESS

he played like shit in multiple games I watched him

there is a post somewhere back a couple months ago where I said he is now off my lists

I looked it up

it was exactly 2 months ago to the day

7667e603e9234eea280c331101e1aee4.png

I hope you checked that one first. Seems like it must always have been a good bet. 🙂

16 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Mudryk will end up being a bang average winger with that typical burst of pace.   I just don't see him becoming a player who is going to score/assist 15 goals a season in the Premier League. 

That 70 million price tag (along with Fofana's transfer fee....considering the injuries he had at Leicester) will go down as two of the worst transfers in PL history. 

I can't argue with your opinion. It's a matter of waiting and seeing.

That accolade belongs to Lukaku, and it's not even close, to be honest.