Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

you really want Chelsea to sell gallagher?

I think he had a great seasan and woulb be a shame to sell our future captain and one of us 

We require pure profit sales hence why Maatsen Conor and Trev are all looking to to be let go

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

We require pure profit sales hence why Maatsen Conor and Trev are all looking to to be let go

hall, maatsen, lukaku, kepa and the sell of mount dont enter in this season?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

hall, maatsen, lukaku, kepa and the sell of mount dont enter in this season?

No we need Conor and Trev and Maatsen all gone before July 1st it seems

Edited by bluesman2610

If Lavia is fully fit I guess I’m one of the few Chelsea fans who wouldn’t be all that sad if we sold Gallagher. Should he stay? I guess. But if Lavia, Enzo, and Caicedo are all fit I don’t see where CG plays. He’s not a DM like Lavia, he’s not a playmaker like Enzo, and Caicedo is an easy pick in any starting XI. Gallagher is kind of a victim of his own abilities in that he’s decent at a lot of things but not great at anything. He doesn’t have a specific position.

Ideally, we line up match week 1 with Lavia at the base of midfield anchoring it with Enzo and Caicedo as “roaming 8’s.” We have Leslie what’s his name as well as Andrey Santos who was excellent on loan who can come in, too if we want.

Gallagher is the sensible FFP sale if we need to do so. We’re very well set in CM between what we have here and what we have on loan.

17 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I think he had a great seasan and woulb be a shame to sell our future captain and one of us 

No, but it feels inevitable, as we need to generate income and clearly selling HG talent is a core strategy. If we get good money for him, I am at peace with it, although its sad. I don't think he has the technical skill to continue with us with the new manager. I think Poch was his perfect manager and not sure we'll ever get his transfer value this high again, so if we're going to sell, sell now.

If Poch had stayed and therefore Gallagher would remain a key / vital player, plus being a Chelsea lad, I would have lost my mind if we sold him. Now it just feels sensible for him and us.

51 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I do not want to sell him, but £60 to 70m in pure profit sure would help the FFP mess we are in

fucking idiots at Bo-Clownlake with their insane Wes Fofana buy and huge overpays for some others

9d35f9aa02fa3889b4ae7e2819af29ed.png

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost466

England's Jude Bellingham is currently the player in the world with the highest value on the transfer market. According to the CIES Football Observatory's statistical model*, after a very successful first season at Real Madrid, with just a few days to go before the Champions League final, his fair price has now reached €280m**.

Manchester City's striker Erling Haaland is the second highest-valued player (€255m). The outstanding Norwegian goal scorer is ahead of Real Madrid's Brazilian duo Vinícius Júnior (€241m) and Rodrygo Goes (€221m), as well as teammate Phil Foden (€204m). Also in the top ten are two Arsenal players (Bukayo Saka and Martin Ödegaard), a third Citizen (Julián Álvarez), Barcelona’s prodigy Lamine Yamal, and Bayer Leverkusen's Florian Wirtz.

In the other positions, Borussia Dortmund's and Switzerland's goalkeeper Gregor Kobel tops the table for goalkeepers, Arsenal's Frenchman William Saliba for centre backs, Manchester City's Croatian Joško Gvardiol for full backs and Real Madrid's Uruguayan Federico Valverde for defensive midfielders. Endrick Felipe from Palmeiras (on loan from Real Madrid) has the top estimated transfer value among non-European based players (€92m).

* Built on around 5,500 paid transfers, the CIES Football Observatory's statistical model explains more than 85% of the differences in the fees invested by clubs on the basis of criteria such as age, length of contract, minutes, the proportion of the latter as a starter, the sporting level of matches played, results, the economic strength of the player's club and league, that of potential buyers, the level of inflation, etc.
**Estimates refer to 100% of transfer fees, including add-ons, with no consideration of eventual buy-out clauses.

Highest estimated transfer values (€ Million)

Date: 28/05/2024. Position: [gk] goalkeeper, [cb] centre back, [fb] full back, [dm] defensive midfielder, [am] attacking midfielder, [wi] winger, [cf] centre forward.

d193740a70ec773bf1af4cba5dbe1b90.png56f2246226ad7b04f9d9168f0fd13d10.png0754da1fa1487ae8363b6d95fbeae9e3.png4add1227f99b8560e47f05e8e273818d.pnge147915166501b1a5b358c0d4bf7bdbb.pnga54e3ba9ec19134f00c1c75095d78460.png

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I do not want to sell him, but £60 to 70m in pure profit sure would help the FFP mess we are in

fucking idiots at Bo-Clownlake with their insane Wes Fofana buy and huge overpays for some others

gallagher has had a good season and is growing. he's one of those who I imagine will be at the club for many years to come

I have an idea that in two or three years we will regret these sales

Posted (edited)

It's not much about skill, more about character. Sort of Cahill type player.

Gallagher is hard working, modest and dedicated player who graduated our academy. If we don't need this kind of player, who do we need? 

I'd much more prefer seeing our academy in first team for better or worse (until they go haywire a'la Mount), than flipping our youth for profit and replacing them with meh youngsters from all over exotic corners of the world. As @Vesper pointed out, we wouldn't need profit from selling HG players, if only our owners wouldn't toss truckloads of money on players you don't need much footballing knowledge to see were worth maybe 1/3 of their price. Don't throw cash into shitter, you won't deseperately need to generate it from selling out our identity.

Edited by Vegetable

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

It's not much about skill, more about character. Sort of Cahill type player.

Gallagher is hard working, modest and dedicated player who graduated our academy. If we don't need this kind of player, who do we need? 

I'd much more prefer seeing our academy in first team for better or worse (until they go haywire a'la Mount), than flipping our youth for profit and replacing them with meh youngsters from all over exotic corners of the world. As @Vesper pointed out, we wouldn't need profit from selling HG players, if only our owners wouldn't toss truckloads of money on players you don't need much footballing knowledge to see were worth maybe 1/3 of their price. Don't throw cash into shitter, you won't deseperately need to generate it from selling out our identity.

exactly and the same with chalobah

both finished the season in a strongly way and it is very sad to see both leaving the club

I am by no means a Gallagher super fan but losing  him would be catastrophic on so many levels. He is one of the few leaders in the squad (we virtually have none now silva is gone), he is clearly respected by the other players, he is a fan favourite, one of own, selling him would exacerbate the disconnect between owners and fans even more. He has to stay based on merit. Enzo, Latvia or maybe even caicedo are probably more talented but Conor has easily outperformed them last season. He is the embodiment of a working hard and fighting for the shirt, squad morale will suffer without him. Clownlake set a dangerous precedent that loyalty and blue blood is not valued at the club with academy graduates only being seen as cash cows. Then investing that money into buying duds for outrageous fees adds insult to injury 

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am by no means a Gallagher super fan but losing  him would be catastrophic on so many levels. He is one of the few leaders in the squad (we virtually have none now silva is gone), he is clearly respected by the other players, he is a fan favourite, one of own, selling him would exacerbate the disconnect between owners and fans even more. He has to stay based on merit. Enzo, Latvia or maybe even caicedo are probably more talented but Conor has easily outperformed them last season. He is the embodiment of a working hard and fighting for the shirt, squad morale will suffer without him. Clownlake set a dangerous precedent that loyalty and blue blood is not valued at the club with academy graduates only being seen as cash cows. Then investing that money into buying duds for outrageous fees adds insult to injury 

exactly!