Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I doubt we would try to bring in some reclamation project. All those players have flopped or been big letdowns from their initial promise. We need someone to lift our levels in attack so why would we bring in players who are worse than what we have now?

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need someone to lift our levels in attack

To be fair no one of the names we heard so far would  - the likes of Barcola or Cherki are very raw and would need maybe 1 or 2 years to really lift our attack. 

6 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Awesome he was the my first choice after Chillwill. That's why I was not bum out after losing Hall because I rated Maatsen higher then Hall. 

Edited by Fernando

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Fabrizio Romano basically admitted he's going to reveal who we are actually going for either today or tomorrow. 

Now I can see why people get annoyed with him. 

Romano is a click engagement genius. Got to respect it. Probably doesn’t know much but knows that it’s very likely we are going to do something, and knows how to milk the views.

I have nothing but respect for what a hustler he is.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Fabrizio Romano basically admitted he's going to reveal who we are actually going for either today or tomorrow. 

Now I can see why people get annoyed with him. 

He wants that Elon money 🤑

35 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are eying a trio of forward targets ahead of deadline day that include Ferran Torres and Raphinha at Barcelona and Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe. Interest is not particularly advanced but they are names being discussed by the Chelsea hierarchy at this stage. (Mail)

🤢🤢

All 3 are bang average scrubs who wouldn't pull any trees here but Ferran is the worst.

Wish SSN would have live footage of Rubiales' mother boarding herself up in the church ,which she claims is in protest of her son being suspended but being a catholic church it's probably,just to spend time with ornaments she could never afford..

Has shades of Roal Mout..

37 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Lol are all those players mentioned even that much better than CHO? And i am not even a fan of CHO

CHO  if he was so talented he would at least show himself in Leverkusen like Sancho in Dortmund .The truth is that it is level  Forest, Fulham.

6 minutes ago, milka said:

CHO  if he was so talented he would at least show himself in Leverkusen like Sancho in Dortmund .The truth is that it is level  Forest, Fulham.

So is the level of many our 'targets' that are mentioned

28 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

To be fair no one of the names we heard so far would  - the likes of Barcola or Cherki are very raw and would need maybe 1 or 2 years to really lift our attack. 

I think Cherki could have a pretty dramatic positive effect on our attack immediately. His chance creation could be superb.

Barcola I think is still too raw for what we need right now, I think. I know he’s a similar age to Cherki but Cherki’s game is “cleaner” and more refined.

17 minutes ago, milka said:

he was talented, his body is just broken

Chelsea

https://theathletic.com/4805155/2023/08/28/transfer-window-final-week/

Ins: Moises Caicedo, Romeo Lavia, Christopher Nkunku, Axel Disasi, Nicolas Jackson, Lesley Ugochukwu, Robert Sanchez, Deivid Washington, Angelo Gabriel

Outs: Kai Havertz, Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic, Kalidou Koulibaly, Christian Pulisic, Edouard Mendy, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ethan Ampadu, N’Golo Kante, Cesar Azpilicueta, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Baba Rahman, Hakim Ziyech (loan), Kepa Arrizabalaga (loan), Lewis Hall (loan), Angelo Gabriel (loan), David Datro Fofana (loan), Gabriel Slonina (loan), Omari Hutchinson (loan)

The priority for co-sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart as this summer of squad overhaul draws to a close will be outgoings.

Chelsea are yet to solve their expensive Romelu Lukaku problem but have held talks with Roma, while Callum Hudson-Odoi is still searching for a new home. Malang Sarr belongs in that bracket, too, given his status as another high-earner not included in Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team group. You can also expect loans for several academy youngsters on the senior fringes, such as Tino Anjorin.

Having utilised the Bank of Cobham to offset their vast transfer spending in this window, Chelsea could still listen to good offers for home-grown products Conor Gallagher, Trevoh Chalobah, Bashir Humphreys and Ian Maatsen, despite impressive showings in pre-season.

Incomings should slow now, but Chelsea have completed a deal for New England Revolution goalkeeper Djordje Petrovic. Pochettino would like another attacking player “with the right profile”, though he is wary of creating a logjam once Armando Broja, Carney Chukwuemeka and Nkunku are fit and available for selection again.

Liam Twomey

Man Utd 'very close' to signing Chelsea star and deal to trigger another Old Trafford exit

Manchester United are said to be very close to signing a Chelsea player in a deal which will trigger an Old Trafford exit.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1806785/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Marc-Cucurella-Chelsea

Manchester United are reportedly very close to signing Chelsea left-back Marc Cucurella on loan. The deal will then see Alvaro Fernandez leave Old Trafford on a temporary move of his own.

Edited by Vesper

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Cherki could have a pretty dramatic positive effect on our attack immediately. His chance creation could be superb.

Barcola I think is still too raw for what we need right now, I think. I know he’s a similar age to Cherki but Cherki’s game is “cleaner” and more refined.

We would need to work on his off the ball behaviour for a loooong time tbh to be PL ready. Poch only wants players who track back and press, sth. Cherki has never done in his career. 

Just now, Gundalf said:

We would need to work on his off the ball behaviour for a loooong time tbh to be PL ready. Poch only wants players who track back and press, sth. Cherki has never done in his career. 

As part of a front 3 together with Jackson and Sterling and with all 3 of Enzo, Caicedo, and Lavia behind him I don’t think his tracking back and defensive work would be too much of an issue. And if it was you can rotate him out for Gallagher against the very rare opponents that will dominate possession against us like City.

I’d happily take the gamble on him.