Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Gallager is being sold for sure

I'm still torn about selling Gallagher. 

I would still keep him in case we suffer any injury. As well he can play as a sub, rotation etc etc. He can be a good utility player. 

Of course if we get a ridicoulus crazy fee like 60 million or something like that then you have to accept. 

But at this moment i'm still torn about selling him. I find good use for him as a multi utility player. And he wants to be here and loves Chelsea, which is something that counts a lot for ne

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

MIDFIELD SORTED FOR A DECADE!

Assuming Ugo is 100% sent out to Strasbourg, our 4 midfield options this season are Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, and Santos. That is INCREDIBLE depth and a stunning rebuild after the Kante, Jorginho, Kova, and RLC era. And ALL between the ages of 19-22. Ridiculous!

Santos too similar with Lavia atm. I think Ugo stays and Santos goes out on loan. 

Wouldn't mind the Brazilian trio (Andrey, Angelo, Washington) all on the same team at Strasbourg. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Assuming Ugo is 100% sent out to Strasbourg, our 4 midfield options this season are Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, and Santos. That is INCREDIBLE depth and a stunning rebuild after the Kante, Jorginho, Kova, and RLC era. And ALL between the ages of 19-22. Ridiculous!

I am excited but I don't agree with all of this talk that we're sorting things for a decade. Some of these players wont work out (injuries, turn out to be not good enough, or just their level drops after a while as they become a bit too comfortable with their success) and we'll have to do more CM business inside of 5-6 years imo.

That does not mean that we have not done something absolutely phenomenal in terms of squad rebuild, never seen anything like this in my life - when City did it they didn't have the clout / reputation to get everybody they wanted and they had to get people by offering everyone 300k a week. 

I am still concerned that we do not have enough goals in our team and we might get a LOT of frustrating draws.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Santos too similar with Lavia atm. I think Ugo stays and Santos goes out on loan. 

Wouldn't mind the Brazilian trio (Andrey, Angelo, Washington) all on the same team at Strasbourg. 

Santos (based on his Brazil u20) adds goals from midfield which we can’t say about the others 

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I am excited but I don't agree with all of this talk that we're sorting things for a decade. Some of these players wont work out (injuries, turn out to be not good enough, or just their level drops after a while as they become a bit too comfortable with their success) and we'll have to do more CM business inside of 5-6 years imo.

That does not mean that we have not done something absolutely phenomenal in terms of squad rebuild, never seen anything like this in my life - when City did it they didn't have the clout / reputation to get everybody they wanted and they had to get people by offering everyone 300k a week. 

I am still concerned that we do not have enough goals in our team and we might get a LOT of frustrating draws.

If we play a 433 with Enzo Caicedo lavia in the middle, that gives our forwards so much more confidence to push and not worry about behind them, lavia and Caicedo passing are brilliant and we know Enzo is absolute world class, a proper midfield is what we have been missing for years.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Perhaps with Lavia joining, in possession we'll use either the 3-2-5 (which we used in preseason always) or 3-1-6 (which we debuted vs Liverpool) with Caicedo either being in the 2 or the 6 something like this with Nkunku replacing Gallagher when fit.

James Disasi Colwill

Lavia

Sterling Caicedo Gallagher Jackson Enzo Chilwell

24 minutes ago, lucio said:

Santos (based on his Brazil u20) adds goals from midfield which we can’t say about the others 

Lavia for me isn't even a 6. More of a box to box imo. 

I think Poch wants aerial dominance. There is a reason Disasi came in, a reason Colwill moved to LB in replace of Chilwell vs brining on Cucurella, and a reason Ugo came on instead of Santos (won the header against Nunez). 

Caicedo also very good in the air. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

46 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And same happened with defence even before. Just Fofana when back in a year replaces Silva and everything else is set. Literally in next 3,5,7 years we need zero new defenders, midfielders... 

9 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I mean I like to think what our club is doing is being done by a lot of clever, highly paid people that know more than we do - but this guys explanation is pretty dodge, doesn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a P&L and his numbers are all over the place, and didn't he bankrupt the club he was running? Nevertheless I am feeling relaxed. I think if we get back into CL and continue to produce and sell academy players then we'll be absolutely fine, and I assume the club is assuming the youth they've bought this year is selling for a profit in the next windows too.