Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

You play too much FM/FIFA. Why would we need Simakan after Disasi transfer?

number one

I have never played either FM or FIFA

ever

that weak slag off doesn't apply to me at all

number two

read my post

9c29d45a7091b6fedc8429cea14e26cc.png

we HAD both a 'healthy' Fofona AND he still HAVE Trevoh

now we HAVE a badly damaged Fofona, out a LONG time, and likely perma wrecked IMHO, thus the Axel Disasi  buy

and so IF we sell Trevoh, I would replace him with Simakan

all four mentioned are righted footed CBs so it is not chalk and cheese (buying a left footer would be, as we have Badi (injured atm) and Colwill)

Thiago is 39yo in 6 weeks and simply cannot play every game, and he also is almost certainly leaving in 9 and half months (so good to have an already acclimated replacement)

and Simakan is also a pretty decent FB option IF we get smacked with injuries there

and also he has played as a Left CB as well

if we do sell Trevoh, the only actually healthy right footed CBs we would have would be new boy Disasi and a very soon 39yo Thiago

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Will we pull an Arse or Liverpool and ever so slightly increase our bid to like £82m or will we actually push this over the line and offer something they’ll actually accept? Because if we fail with another bid this saga should end right there.

I think it will be £80m plus £10m in add-ons, maybe, maybe £15m in add-ons (or 85m fee + 10m), which I would not do, but it ain't my dosh

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

number one

ever

number two

read my post

now we HAVE a badly damaged Fofona, out a LONG time, and likely perma wrecked IMHO, thus the Axel Disasi  buy

all four mentioned are righted footed CBs so it is not chalk and cheese (buying a left footer would be, as we have Badi (injured atm) and Colwill)

Thiago is 39yo in 6 weeks and simply cannot play every game, and he also is almost certainly leaving in 9 and half months (so good to have an already acclimated replacement)

and Simakan is also a pretty decent FB option IF we get smacked with injuries there

if we do sell Trevoh, the only actually healthy right footed CBs we would have would be new boy Disasi and a very soon 39yo Thiago

Overkill at this point. 4 CBs is plenty for a season without Europe 

In addition to the Caicedo saga rumbling on, we haven’t heard anything about Ziyech or CHO in a while. Ziyech feels like he fell off the face of the earth after his Saudi move collapsed weeks ago. CHO situation should be pretty easy to resolve this week.

Also, wonder when the Chalobah stuff heats up again. Surely he’s gotta go now but there’s been zero indication that any club is prepared to meet our asking price.

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Overkill at this point. 4 CBs is plenty for a season without Europe 

then there is zero barrier to selling Trevoh following that logic

as we would have 4 then (Colwill, Badi, Axel, Thiago) plus the wrecked atm Fofana

6 hours ago, whats happening said:

we should try and sign this guy.

He had an INSANE 2010/11 season with Porto (who had prime Radamel Falcao too, as well as prime João Moutinho, Rolando (solid CB who almost won the Europa League again 7 years later with Marseilles, they lost the final), Nicolás Otamendi, Fernando (went to Citeh later, he won 20 trophies over his entire career), Raúl Meireles (who we bought from Pool, because Essien was injured and we failed on Luka Modric, grrrrr), and a young James Rodriguez)

He won a Quad (won the Portuguese Super Cup, plus won the League title by 21 points in a 30 game season, plus won the Taça de Portugal - the main domestic cup, and then he won the Europa League, and almost had a Quintuple as they reached the quarters of the Taça de Liga, the Portuguese league cup, but got upset by C.D. Nacional)

his stats were madness (and only had a 30 game (and only played in 26 bit still produced 39 total goals) league season to play in, or might have had 75 total goals produced)

he ended on

62 total goals produced

35 goals and 27 assists

bb8619e2c34e0783e1bbe6a1ef43e3d5.png

4a7a5359e4d396fdaecfd7fc656ed18c.png

Hands off Hulk - for now! Porto keeping Manchester City and Chelsea target  until the summer | Daily Mail OnlineHulk ready to rock Manchester City - BBC Sport

Porto win Europa League - Eurosport

Edited by Vesper

lololol

Willian agrees terms with Al-Shabab two weeks after signing Fulham extension

• Winger has told manager Marco Silva of intention to leave
  • Brazilian’s departure comes after a single season at Fulham

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/03/willian-agrees-terms-with-al-shabab-two-weeks-after-signing-fulham-extension

crazy, he is only 34 and is already closing in on 800 topflight games played for club and country

closing in on 1,000 if you count youth footie and friendlies

Edited by Vesper

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

number one

ever

number two

read my post

we don't have european football, 5 cbs (even without Chalobah, Cucu and considering Fofana is out for season) is overkill. Even Poch said he doesn't want squad to be too bloated.

Why are we talking about potential new CBs?

Colwill, Badiashile, Silva, Disasi (+ Fofana) is more than fine for the season. Anything less would leave us seriously understaffed at CB considering Fofana's long term injury, but anything more will make it bloated. So yeah, Chalobah out and nobody else in. Fofana can basically be considered out for the season, if he ends up playing some games towards the end of the season then great but we shouldn't be counting on that.

Next year Silva will surely be gone (which is what I've been saying since 2020 but it has to happen eventually) so we'll have to see what happens with Fofana's knees before deciding if something needs to happen or if Wes can just take Silva's place and we continue with Colwill, BB, Fofana, Disasi as our CBs. Maybe if there's some worries over Fofana we could see where Humphreys is at with his development and maybe keep him around for the 24/25 season.

Edited by Jype

12 minutes ago, Jype said:

Colwill, Badiashile, Silva, Disasi (+ Fofana) is more than fine for the season. Anything less would leave us seriously understaffed at CB considering Fofana's long term injury, but anything more will make it bloated. So yeah, Chalobah out and nobody else in. Fofana can basically be considered out for the season, if he ends up playing some games towards the end of the season then great but we shouldn't be counting on that.

Next year Silva will surely be gone (which is what I've been saying since 2020 but it has to happen eventually) so we'll have to see what happens with Fofana's knees before deciding if something needs to happen or if Wes can just take Silva's place and we continue with Colwill, BB, Fofana, Disasi as our CBs. Maybe if there's some worries over Fofana we could see where Humphreys is at with his development and maybe keep him around for the 24/25 season.

Yeah, completely agree. Also Alfie Gilchrist is staying so if a disaster happens he will be able to cover.

31 minutes ago, Jype said:

Doesn't Humphreys contract expire before then?   Hopefully he signs the contract extension and then we get him a solid loan this season.  Looked like a decent young CB during pre-season. 

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

Doesn't Humphreys contract expire before then?   Hopefully he signs the contract extension and then we get him a solid loan this season.  Looked like a decent young CB during pre-season. 

Humphreys is currently under contract till 2024 but just yesterday it was reported by Kinsella that the club are in talks with him over a new deal and then he'd be heading on loan for the season:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-fc-latest-news-transfers-humphreys-2023-b1098920.html

I'm pretty sure I remember reading earlier in the summer that the club have an option to extend his current deal to 2025 so even if he doesn't sign the extension that doesn't necessarily change much. But I'm sure the player himself would fancy earning a lot more money so it's likely that he signs anyway.

We don't need centre halves, even our fullbacks can play there, we don't need a central midfielder if his going to cost a fortune, we need a lethal striker if it's possible to even find one. 

9 minutes ago, Reddy said:

We don't need centre halves, even our fullbacks can play there, we don't need a central midfielder if his going to cost a fortune, we need a lethal striker if it's possible to even find one. 

Striker wont do shit if we get destroyed in the middle every game

9 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Striker wont do shit if we get destroyed in the middle every game

Exactly. Even the best strikers in the world will struggle if the team fail to control the game and struggle to create good goalscoring chances on a regular basis to feed them.

No point splurging out big money on a world class striker before the rest of the team is in order. So fix the midfield ASAP and then see what Jackson, Nkunku, Mudryk, Madueke etc. can do in attack. If the team start playing well but it looks like we might still need another striker we can circle back to it either in the January window or the next summer. And if Jackson looks like he might be the real deal, go all-in on his development and just make sure he has enough support.