Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

I fervently hope we don't get Caciedo, why spend so much money, think we need rather another real proper striker rather, can't expect Jackson to do it all. He also looks very light.

Wow!!!!

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’m not sure I actually believe that we’d sign 2 midfielders. Doesn’t really make any sense. If we get Caicedo then I think it’s him, Enzo, Andrey, and Gallagher as our 4 CM’s.

A 5th CM when we are not playing European games is overkill.

Is it though?  I don't see Gallagher playing that many minutes at CM if we're going to play a midfield 2 and Andrey hasn't even played a minute of PL football yet. 

I'm sort of surprised we didn't put in a bid for Hojberg, has that pressing ability and would have been a solid squad player to have alongside Enzo and hopefully Caicedo. 

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

I fervently hope we don't get Caciedo, why spend so much money, think we need rather another real proper striker rather, can't expect Jackson to do it all. He also looks very light.

If there is no Caicedo, our starting midfield is Enzo - Gallagher and we're finishing 10th or worse. 

Do fans not realize that Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic have ALL left the club. 

51 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If there is no Caicedo, our starting midfield is Enzo - Gallagher and we're finishing 10th or worse. 

Do fans not realize that Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic have ALL left the club. 

And even with them last seasons we were dominated in the middle

3 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

And even with them last seasons we were dominated in the middle

Kovacic and Kante were always injured and Jorginho is super shit

34 minutes ago, Vesper said:

likely bullshit, but who knows

What now,  have you been told or have you seen the dealsheet yourself. Make up your mind. 

It might still happen. Maybe it already has or will spectacularly collapse. We don’t know yet. all these supposed itks suddenly materialising to profit off this saga do not know an iota more than we do. 

Top 5 player targets at each position still on the board and remotely available

GK   Not Needed

Left footed CB  Not Needed

Right footed CB (If Trevoh is sold)

António Silva
Giorgio Scalvini 
Bremer 
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Mohamed Simakan 

LB Not Needed

RB Not Needed

DMF

Aurélien Tchouaméni   (hard AF pull)
Moisés Caicedo 
Nicolò Barella 

Joshua Kimmich 
Roméo Lavia  

CMF

Frenkie de Jong (so hard of a pull, and also so expensive)
Gabri Veiga 
Manu Koné  
Ryan Gravenberch 
Maxence Caqueret 

AMF

Mohammed Kudus  (looks like we missed out, ffs)
Rayan Cherki 
Arsen Zakharyan (will have to come indirectly via Strasbourg)
Désiré Doué 
Georgiy Sudakov (see at bottom)

LW     (If Sterling is sold)

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (so so expensive, likely worth it, but cannot see us dropping this kind of money atm)
Kingsley Coman 
Serge Gnabry  
Nico Williams 
Bradley Barcola 

RW

Leroy Sané
Michael Olise (he gets bold red as we look to have lost Kudus)
Bryan Mbeumo  
Marcus Edwards    
Nicolás González    

CF  (I listed 10 as 5 have conditions/issues)

Victor Osimhen  (pipe dream)
Harry Kane  (95% will not come here/be sold to us)
Randal Kolo Muani  
Dusan Vlahovic 

Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney  (January buy)  
Ollie Watkins (hard AF pull)
Elye Wahi  (as long as the sex shit is cleared up)
Santiago Gimenez 
Gift Orban   

dbd708a137181b29409336172d790e82.png3dff00b6ae2d29dd7a507fd3615bd147.pngbe142186571014495ff9c6fcee0a7460.png

ImageGeorgiy Sudakov - Stats and titles won - 23/24333 Georgiy Sudakov Photos & High Res Pictures - Getty ImagesGeorgiy Sudakov - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

'He could play for Barcelona or Man City... but he's stuck in a bunker': Shakhtar Donetsk teenager Giorgi Sudakov's 'war story' is detailed by former coach Fernando Valente, who insists his dreams have been 'snatched away' by Russia's invasion of Ukraine

• Ukraine midfielder Giorgi Sudakov is hiding in a bunker amid the war with Russia
  • Sudakov, 19, is one of many who has been forced to take cover in the country
  • The Shakhtar Donetsk star is with wife Lisa, who is expecting their first child
  • His former coach Fernando Valente has opened up on the tear-jerking story
  • Valente, 62, describes Sudakov as the most talented player he has ever coached
  • But he insists the youngster's dreams have been 'snatched away' by the war 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10614305/Ukraine-Shakhtar-Donetsk-youngster-Giorgi-Sudakovs-war-story-detailed-emotional-ex-coach.html

UPDATED: 09:17 BST, 15 March 2022

Shakhtar Donetsk teenager Giorgi Sudakov has had his dreams 'snatched away by a bunker in a senseless war', former coach Fernando Valente has emotionally revealed on social media.

Ukraine has been left decimated by an invasion from Eastern European neighbours Russia, who launched an all-out attack on the country at the end of February.

Russian president Vladimir Putin's is already said to have resulted in over 600 civilian casualties, with the people of Ukraine forced to either flee the country or take cover in bunkers.

Sudakov, the 19-year-old Ukraine midfielder who has spent five years with Shakhtar, is one of those hiding in a bunker along with his wife Lisa, who is currently expecting their first child.

His touching story has been detailed on social media by Valente, the 62-year-old Portuguese coach who worked with Sudakov in Shakhtar's Under-21 team.

He describes the youngster as the most talented player he has ever coached, insisting he was on track to play for a club the size of Barcelona or Manchester City before Russia invaded his country. 

'War stories: Giorgi Sudakov is the greatest talent I have coached in my life,' Valente wrote on Twitter.

'19 years old, international A for Ukraine, recently renewed contract until 2026 with Shakhtar. A fantastic human being waiting to be a father with his wife Lisa of a girl...

'Dreams to be fulfilled, snatched away by a bunker in a senseless war. Yes... I cry and pray for this couple and for all the young players and friends I left behind in a Ukraine that made me happy for two years. My heart is broken.'

'Sudakov is a kid with enormous potential, even to play for FC Barcelona or Manchester City.'

Sudakov joined Shakhtar in 2017 and was eventually handed his senior debut in their Champions League win away at Real Madrid three years later.

He has also been capped three times by Ukraine, having made his international bow against Bahrain in May 2021. 

'He was the greatest talent I trained and he is one of the strongest connections I have,' Valente also said about Sudakov in an interview with the Lusa Agency.

55370885-10614305-image-m-7_1647335449827.jpg55371121-10614305-image-m-13_1647335743122.jpg55370277-10614305-image-a-9_16473355713955370891-10614305-image-a-10_1647335611838.jpg

I view Tyler Adams much like I do Gallagher. Not a midfielder with huge quality on the ball or someone who wows you but they’re players who work their asses off and get stuck in relentlessly. 

Someone you’d want to have in your squad but certainly not someone good enough to be a first XI player for a big club.

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Wow. Tiny Ty Adams. Not a fan at all but at least hard working, dogged runner and good attitude overall like Pizy outlined. I could imagine it does not hurt to have him as cover as his wages would probably be in line with the low fee. but he is not the kind of quality that brings us forward

PSG really did fuck us over with the Ugarte hijack. At this point it looks like he was the no 1 target probably due to price and Caicedo is already plan B with no premeditated plan C in place. Still thinker should go for someone like Onanan or Aövarez before stepping as low as Adams.