Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

IF Caicedo gets over the line I will become a conspiracy theorist - probably the deal has been made for some time, quietly between directors and not shared beyond:

1. We have not gone and spent shit loads on other top CM options, we perhaps knew all along this was happening from the negotiations we did weeks ago, as long as we went along with the sequence of events required

2. Brighton would demand we keep it under wraps, ala Gvardiol and many other transfers we've seen before, to stop them getting fleeced by clubs who know they've got ~£90m-£100m coming in

3. Brighton when they've secured all players (for whom we must not compete - probably this is why we backed away from Kudus move) sell him for a fee we've already agreed with them in the region mentioned above

4. That price was only agreeable under basis we solve their Sanchez situation favourably as well?

3 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

IF Caicedo gets over the line I will become a conspiracy theorist - probably the deal has been made for some time, quietly between directors and not shared beyond:

1. We have not gone and spent shit loads on other top CM options, we perhaps knew all along this was happening from the negotiations we did weeks ago, as long as we went along with the sequence of events required

2. Brighton would demand we keep it under wraps, ala Gvardiol and many other transfers we've seen before, to stop them getting fleeced by clubs who know they've got ~£90m-£100m coming in

3. Brighton when they've secured all players (for whom we must not compete - probably this is why we backed away from Kudus move) sell him for a fee we've already agreed with them in the region mentioned above

4. That price was only agreeable under basis we solve their Sanchez situation favourably as well?

All of that benefits Brighton, true, but I’m not sure we would agree to wait and wait and wait until our whole preseason is done for such an important player. We would’ve wanted to bring in our most important signing of the summer weeks ago. 

I like Conor but only really has value in a midfield 3.much like most CM players we have had over last 10 years or so to various degrees. Even the mighty Kante when fit was better in a 3 than a 2. 

Conor is too much of a spaniel for it!

We've already been offered more than he is worth to us in a 4-2-3-1. 

I like Kudus alot,liked him abit more than Olise due to so much positional flexibility,but Olise is Kevin Sheedy/Ziyech left peg with speed,plus offers more than Sheedy/Ziyech and the best option if looking for a pure wide man. 

Cherki is probably the biggest boom or bust prospect of the entire window.and like Olise pretty much only potentially great in one position.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

47 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

that is smart business

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

You make a compelling case but I doubt we would jump through that many hoops for them. Brighton can not be trusted to keep an agreement. The Caicedo contract extension disaster shows this. I refuse to believe board & directors would agree to all these shenanigans without something tangible. 
That being said I do believe this deal will eventually get done, probably for just under 100m, even though it will probably drag on a few more weeks. 

Hope we make that last lush for him FIRST THING tomorrow and don’t have to line up against Liverpool with a Enzo & Gallagher pivot.

And with the transfer window going almost a month into the new season we can’t let this carry on any longer or some other big club that gets off to a poor start might try to get involved. 

Will we pull an Arse or Liverpool and ever so slightly increase our bid to like £82m or will we actually push this over the line and offer something they’ll actually accept? Because if we fail with another bid this saga should end right there.