Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 hours ago, Thor said:

Couldn't do jack at Bayern, and only achieved here what he did because he was given a longer leash than all the other Man City managers.

Bollocks.

Only thing he didn't win in the 3 years was a CL. He won a quad in 2013/14. And he built the foundation of a team that did win the CL yet again after he left.

Bundesliga: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
DFB-Pokal: 2013–14, 2015–16
UEFA Super Cup: 2013
FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

19 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Fair play to Arsenal. No matter how this window turns out you can’t say they haven’t given their all to challenge city. 
I guess we are impressed as we are building u21 side similar to them 3 years ago.

I am content with them spending this amount of money. There fans haven't got no excuses now about not one player in their team last season costing more than £50m.

Edited by Stats

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

Now that is a Pep signing. I am sure they take him with ease if these reports are accurate/true. Quality CMF/AMF hybrid, potentially could become similar to İlkay Gündoğan, who was/is a fucking baller.

Why not just plop £100-120m on Levy’s desk for Kane NOW and see if he’s stupid enough to turn it down? That’s the Mount + Havertz money. 

Levy turning down enough money to completely refresh their squad for the new manager would be silly. Take £100m from a direct rival or watch him walk for free (likely to a direct rival anyways).

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Why not just plop £100-120m on Levy’s desk for Kane NOW and see if he’s stupid enough to turn it down? That’s the Mount + Havertz money. 

Levy turning down enough money to completely refresh their squad for the new manager would be silly. Take £100m from a direct rival or watch him walk for free (likely to a direct rival anyways).

no way he will sell kane to Chelsea 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

There is no proof to this, I saw credible journalists still mentioning Boehly just a few days ago.

Was literally reported by Matt Law and the BBC amongst others that he's resigned from his sporting director role.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/09/todd-boehly-stands-chelseas-interim-sporting-director/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cprn52vj28vo.amp

And it was well reported in the Mudryk and Enzo deals that Eghbali and the recruitment team took command. At absolute most Todd is a glorified second in command these days.

19 minutes ago, Stats said:

I am content with them spending this amount of money. There fans haven't got no excuses now about not one player in their team last season costing more than £50m.

They'll find and excuse and so will the media.

Their PR is genius, one of the biggest title bottle jobs in PL history and they're getting nothing but praise for it.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

You would be one of the first ones whingeing about their injuries and age, gobbing on about why didn't we sell them, so spare me the contrived poutrage.

Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

I am far from perfect, but I am sticking to my multiyear calls to drain the swamp and rid ourselves of deadwood and players who do not want to be here. 

The window just opened, we have world class execs now, and I am going to tryst the process. The only thing so far I have the sadz over is missing out on Ugarte, as I have come around to him aftwr watching a lot of game footage.

I think (for CMF & DMF) that he and either Barella or Caicedo would have great buys to put with Enzo.

Well thats absolutely horseshit. I mean everytime somebody mentioned selling Kante for the last 2 years I’ve basically questioned why the fuck would we do that but if you say so 🤣

The strategy of selling Kovacic to the best team in Europe and letting Kante go for nothing, irrespective of if they were part of the “swamp” as you put it (seems to be this impression that Mount is also a money grabber, Havertz is something else despite many who will slag him probably wanted rid of him for almost 1 season now, Kova is that bla bla bla) or whatever else and not having made any midfield signings prior to doing so is pretty risky. But trust the process…. sure. Because the last 2 windows worked out so well. 

Yes ok there is a chance yet that we could get Caicedo, or we could get Veiga but with the other clubs sniffing around - it is a pretty big if I would say.

Even more so considering the fact that based on the Ugarte deal alone which you mentioned (I agree should of closed the deal as he was ideally someone who could have been the perfect foil for Enzo), we should probably be worried that if 2 or 3 big clubs make moves for Caicedo or Veiga, whats to say our proposal is as good as the others? PSG basically came in and said well Chelsea are offering this, we will give you this then we pulled out. If United or City or Arsenal come in, with CL football on offer, with better packages, what do you really expect to happen?

Its not rocket science - we needed to get these wheels in motion ages ago but we fucked about with that clown Potter being here for too long then a caretaker manager before taking what felt like 6 months to appoint anybody after speaking to Poch (twice, once after Tuchel and once after Potter), Enrique and Nagelsmann. 

We will be either really lucky and get one of those 2 and then end up with some alternative 85th choice or get neither, and have to get the 85th and 86th choices. And these players, Rice, Caicedo, Veiga, whoever signs these will really define how the window goes for certain teams. One of them being us.

But as long as the wages are lower, we will win the spreadsheet championship… 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

At first it will hurt to see so many players in rivals, but then it will pass.

Players come and go, and the club stays. That's the most important thing.

Only true if they don't perform and don't improve.
kante is one thing (not a terrible outcome all things considered and suppose the club physios know more about his actual condition than I do), Kova understandable and at least we know we got him at this peak--although I think he might still have a few years left at his peak.
Mount and Kai will be risky due to their age and the fact that they be playing for PL rivals. The whole situ would've been a lot better had they gone elsewhere.

Consider the non-negligible chance that they both perform well for Arsenal and United, both of which will likely compete for more than we will, and every single signing we get this season turns out to be lackluster? Remember the praise Bakayoko got when signed, or Cururella more recently? Time will tell.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Only true if they don't perform and don't improve.
kante is one thing (not a terrible outcome all things considered and suppose the club physios know more about his actual condition than I do), Kova understandable and at least we know we got him at this peak--although I think he might still have a few years left at his peak.
Mount and Kai will be risky due to their age and the fact that they be playing for PL rivals. The whole situ would've been a lot better had they gone elsewhere.

Consider the non-negligible chance that they both perform well for Arsenal and United, both of which will likely compete for more than we will, and every single signing we get this season turns out to be lackluster? Remember the praise Bakayoko got when signed, or Cururella recently. Time will tell.

Considering how our signings turned out the season just gone surely this year won't be quite the same and who we sign will have a impact rather then flop and fade into the distance....due some luck lol