Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 17/06/2023 at 15:08, Gundalf said:

definitely not seen as a world class striker back then. 

disagree

13bc9ba3b2313d927df65a4170c5ab02.png

Ligue 1 Goal of the Year: 2003–04
Ligue 1 Player of the Month: January 2004, May 2004
Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2003–04
Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2003–04

Onze d'Or: 2004

The Onze d'Or (alternative name: Onze Mondial European Footballer of the Year) is an association football award given by French magazine Onze Mondial since 1976. The award honors the best player in Europe, with any player in a European league eligible. Since 1991, there has also been a vote for the best coach of the year.

e50de73b0307bee08a8627c26258adf2.png0ceff9f66b83fac7d538421bc6236aa3.png

Didier Drogba - - Onze D'or 2004 , Photo : Alain Gadoffre / Icon Sport News  Photo - Getty Images

Lost love: Drogba in his only season with MarseilleMarseille's forward Didier Drogba eyes the ball during his French L1 match against Le Mans, 13 September 2003 at the Velodrome stadium in Marseille....

To be honest, I hardly understand what Arsenal saw in Havertz.

Maybe I'm one of the person who don't rate him highly based on what I have seen from him in the past 2-3 years.

Could he perform better and have much better stats in a much better attacking team or with a certain style of play? Yes, that is something that could still happen.

But can Havertz transform his game and become a completely different player than what he has shown with us? I hardly believe that.

I mean, it's like saying that after Jorginho moves to Arsenal, he could become stronger physically, have quicker feet, better dribbler, capable of keeping the ball under pressure in much more consistently, and provide much better threat and become strong combative player as midfielder. I mean, by playing in a more suitable system with better teammates, someone could perform better and become a more functional player. But when the issue lies in the player's lack of skills and attributes (or in havertz case also his sluggish style of play and often being invisible), I hardly believe that.

The same thing also applies to the case of Sterling. He had much better performances and numbers when playing in the City team, but we have already seen what he lacks from his City days, and it just becomes more apparent in a worse functioning team.

Edited by dimmas

Seems the Saudi’s may save our asses on several players that may have otherwise been very difficult to move. Koulibaly, Ziyech, and maybe even Mendy and Lukaku.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the moaners in the English media start calling for an investigation 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seems the Saudi’s may save our asses on several players that may have otherwise been very difficult to move. Koulibaly, Ziyech, and maybe even Mendy and Lukaku.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the moaners in the English media start calling for an investigation 🤣🤣🤣

This is definitely in the horizon for us. Let’s be honest English media and the FA never liked us.

I see so many say, 'but but, buy an established star CF'

well

there is just not that many viable buy CFs to choose from:

the pipe dreams, not happening:

Kylian Mbappé (and I always contend he is a winger, not a CF, he dislikes playing CF)

Victor Osimhen    (simply too expensive and we have no CL) my number one target for ages but the money is just not there, thanks to Boehly's clown spends plus we collapsed for europe

Julián Álvarez (as if Pep is going to sell him knowing Håland is gone in a year or 2)

then

Harry Kane (crazy hard pull, only if a fair price. so doubtful for many reasons)

Randal Kolo Muani (likely too expensive though, they want €100m, and is he actually better than the next two? Maybe, but I cannot see is dumping 100m euros on him)

the only two serious options (besides Jackson) left and they are both expensive AF and super hard to pull:

Dusan Vlahovic

Lautaro Martínez

and many here do not rate those 2 either

the rest:

Jonathan David (will be double the cost of Jackson, and many here do not rate him as a 'lead the line' CF)
Ivan Toney (suspension fucks it)
Gonçalo Ramos (they demand £80m, that is too much IMHO)
Rasmus Højlund  (off my board, as Atalanta want an insane €100m, no bargaining)
Marcus Thuram  (free transfer, but is he better than Jackson? Likely going to AC Milan)
Aleksandar Mitrović (would be cray expensive for what we would get, not a Poch style striker at all)
Hugo Ekitiké  (PSG said not for sale, and is he really better than Jackson?)
Benjamin Sesko  (almost no chance RB sells him on after just getting him in a couple weeks)

then youth:

Marcos Leonardo Brasil 20yo

Vitor Roque Brasil youth 18yo

Alejo Véliz Argie youth 19yo 

Estevão Willian 16yo Palmeiras youth

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

WTF? How can you deny team having a legal, legit sponsor? Ridiculous and scandalous.

It's not quite in line with basic freedom of business too, I guess.

Edited by Vegetable

Kinda crazy City were able to land Haaland and Alvarez in the same window, you can argue Kane and maybe Toney are better than Alvarez. Meanwhile in the last twenty years all of our strikers signing have flopped outside of Drogba, Anelka, and Costa.

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Kinda crazy City were able to land Haaland and Alvarez in the same window, you can argue Kane and maybe Toney are better than Alvarez. Meanwhile in the last twenty years all of our strikers signing have flopped outside of Drogba, Anelka, and Costa.

And Giroud.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince anybody that the majority of the current squad have been nothing short of a disgrace and there is certainly no convincing me otherwise. Many of these players are overrated..  the winning of the CL was a team effort and had nothing majorly to do with the excellence of individuals. If anything the stand out player of that campaign was Rudiger. The other trophies are in all honesty mickey mouse trophies that nobody really gives a fuck about. 

N'golo. MOTM in Ro16 vs Atleti, semi vs Real and final.

My concern is where are goals coming from? This is our biggest concern last couple of years but I really think next season it could be even worse. I mean, everything suggest this is going to happen.

Season 20/21 our top 10 goalscorers:

Werner 12

Abraham 12

Giroud 11

Mount 9

Havertz 9

Jorginho 8

Ziyech 6

Pulisic 6

Zouma and CHO 5 all will be gone.

Season 21/22:

Lukaku 15, Havertz 14, Mount 13, Werner 11, Jorginho 9,  Ziyech 8, Pulisic 8. Again all top7 scorers gone. And it is interesting how we always sell our best goalscorers.

This season it was Havertz with just 9. Yes, non of them was very good we all know that but what is left for next season?

Jackson, Broja, Fofana - 3 unproven youngsters. Madueke and Mudryk showed nothing yet that they can be reliable and Sterling is on decline last couple of years. I dont see double digits player there.

This is our strikers and wingers. Nkunku is big hope but even if he performs well it will not be enough for sure. We are pretty much betting on a lot of unproven kids.