Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-fc-summer-transfer-targets-priority-b1057459.html

But new owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake are ready to sanction another spending spree for next season, with a new goalkeeper and striker high on the agenda. They could also target a midfielder and another central defender.

so

GK 

Jan Oblak  
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Illan Meslier 

Mike Maignan
Dominik Livakovic

CF

Victor Osimhen
Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney    

Benjamin Sesko 

CMF/DMF

Jude Bellingham probably a pipedream
Nicolò Barella  probably a pipedream
Roméo Lavia  
Manu Koné   
Moisés Caicedo  
Alexis Mac Allister
Declan Rice

CB (Right-Footed)

Jurrien Timber 
José María Giménez  
Robin Le Normand  
Merih Demiral 
Nathan Collins 
Giorgio Scalvini   
António Silva 
Taylor Harwood-Bellis 

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so

GK 

Jan Oblak  
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Illan Meslier 

Mike Maignan
Dominik Livakovic

CF

Victor Osimhen
Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney    

Benjamin Sesko 

CMF/DMF

Jude Bellingham probably a pipedream
Nicolò Barella  probably a pipedream
Roméo Lavia  
Manu Koné   
Moisés Caicedo  
Alexis Mac Allister
Declan Rice

CB (Right-Footed)

Jurrien Timber 
José María Giménez  
Robin Le Normand  
Merih Demiral 
Nathan Collins 
Giorgio Scalvini   
António Silva 
Taylor Harwood-Bellis 

only 1 of them we actually need is a striker. have to assume we'll be shopping in the summer. we're not making Europe this year & hopefully bedding in all the new signings & clearing the very obvious dead wood. - ziyech havertz pulisic cho etc etc. 

they've tried - they didn't make it 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Bumtrubbler said:

only 1 of them we actually need is a striker. have to assume we'll be shopping in the summer. we're not making Europe this year & hopefully bedding in all the new signings & clearing the very obvious dead wood. - ziyech havertz pulisic cho etc etc. 

they've tried - they didn't make it 🤷‍♂️

Completely disagree.

We need a DMF/Hybrid MFer badly, that is not even remotely up for debate.

And a GKer too, unless Slonina is ready to go at 18yo, which is possible, but not a lock at all. Mendy is done,  and Kepa us strictly backup level.

Obviously a CF, and as for a right footed CB, it is pretty clear as to why that is listed:

A 39 year old Thiago is not going to play 5000 minutes, which leaves the 'needs to be sold because they are poor' duo of KK and Trevoh, plus the possibly perma damaged Wesley Fofana.

Colwill (and that assumes he sticks as a first teamer here) is a left-footed CB, same for Badiashile, neither plays at RCB in a back 5 setup, nor on the right in a back 4 pairing.

Remove (they really do need to jog on) Chalobah and Koulibaly and it's Wesley F. only to cover that spot when. I do not feel comfortable with that at all.

NO, Azpi NOT a valid retort,  so don't try and fling him out there as a viable option, especially in a back 4. He will likely not even be here anyway.

Boehly REALLY fucked up this past summer with KK and Fofana. (and of course the turgid Auba, plus the crazed overpay for the very much meh CuCu. Sterling remains to be judged.)

Edited by Vesper

Lol at anyone who thinks we are set at CB is just silly.

Look at the potential disaster we now have in the CL after dum dum Potter left out Badiashile. 

I am now Potter out btw.

He needs to go after this season, if not sooner.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Look at the potential disaster we now have in the CL after dum dum Potter left out Badiashile. 

I am now Potter out btw.

I have a feeling he left out Badiashile because he's a 'good, young lad' who wouldn't throw a fuss unlike the higher profile players or their fans. Probably told him that his chance would come again.  Felix is good, but he's still a loan player FFS. 

We're loaded with squad depth in the attacking positions, and he goes and does this. It's almost like he and his asst. manager scoured through youtube to check mainstream opinions in order to decide who to pick.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I have a feeling he left out Badiashile because he's a 'good, young lad' who wouldn't throw a fuss unlike the higher profile players or their fans. Probably told him that his chance would come again.  Felix is good, but he's still a loan player FFS. 

We're loaded with squad depth in the attacking positions, and he goes and does this. It's almost like he and his asst. manager scoured through youtube to check mainstream opinions in order to decide who to pick.

With Felix, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of his loan contract conditions where he would be given the chance to participate in the UCL. 

If only we didn't waste that money on Mudryk, Badiashile would have had a chance to play in the UCL this season. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am now Potter out btw.

Welcome to the team. The yes man will soon run out of answers...

I'm interested to see how Felix does over the next few games here. I know he's not a natural striker but I do think he's probably a better fit than Havertz currently, or even operating as a high 10 almost alongside him in attack. 

I get the impression if he does well here, and Simeone stays on at Atletico, we'll try and take him on loan again next season.

41 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I'm interested to see how Felix does over the next few games here. I know he's not a natural striker but I do think he's probably a better fit than Havertz currently, or even operating as a high 10 almost alongside him in attack. 

I get the impression if he does well here, and Simeone stays on at Atletico, we'll try and take him on loan again next season.

I am very excited by him. Can't wait to see him and Enzo play together. Also, given how useless we are upfront I think I'd rather see Enzo play further forward so he can be more of a goal threat which we desperately need atm, e.g. perhaps something like:

Zacharia Kovacic

Madueke Enzo Mudryk

Felix

IF we decide to go Homegrown for a new right footed CB buy

which one would you all prefer`?

Saliba is by far the best, but Arse will never sell him to us unless he is like 30yo or older

so

Nathan Collins ?

Taylor Harwood-Bellis ? (will City sell him?)

Adam Webster?

re-buy Fikayo Tomori?

re-buy Guehi?

4437ceb12881c5c6d5f2ffeca692656a.png54affe9a36d5be1ce39210624e23b5d7.png

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

IF we decide to go Homegrown for a new right footed CB buy

which one would you all prefer`?

Saliba is by far the best, but Arse will never sell him to us unless he is like 30yo or older

so

Nathan Collins ?

Taylor Harwood-Bellis ? (will City sell him?)

Adam Webster?

re-buy Fikayo Tomori?

re-buy Guehi?

4437ceb12881c5c6d5f2ffeca692656a.png54affe9a36d5be1ce39210624e23b5d7.png

Harwood-Bellis has been immense for Burnley i hear, doubt City would even entertain a sale to us haha. I'd probably take Tomori out of the lot, but he'd cost a fortune and i hate when we buy back players we sold for a fraction of the price.

Galatasaray on verge of agreeing loan transfer with Chelsea over striker David Datro Fofana 

https://turkish-football.com/galatasaray-on-verge-of-agreeing-transfer-with-Chelsea-over-striker-david-datro-fofana/

Galatasaray are on the verge of agreeing to a 1.5-year loan deal with Chelsea over striker David Datro Fofana according to Fanatik.

Per the source, after a development in negotiations the Blues are close to agreeing terms with Galatasaray.

The report claims that Chelsea initially were not keen on sending Fofana to the Super Lig but with the other major leagues transfer windows closing the Blues do not have many options if Fofana is to gain experience on loan.

The Super Lig transfer window stays open until 8 Febuary 2023.

Chelsea and Galatasaray are set for another round of talks where the possibility of reducing the loan term to six-months will be discussed.

Despite only joining Chelsea in January the 20-year-old striker could struggle for playing time due to competition up front.

After being left on the bench for the last three league games Fofana played 15 minutes in the goalless draw against Fulham.

Galatasaray are keen on strengthening their attack as they continue efforts to win the league title.

The Yellow Reds are currently first after winning their last 11 games in a row and are six points ahead of second-placed rivals Fenerbahce.