Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah.

We can’t keep persisting with these types of players as our main striking options. Nkunku isnt a CF. Felix isnt a CF. We’ve had a number 10 upfront for almost 2.5 years now and he hasn’t done enough. Werner even played through the middle at times with Frank, again, ill fitted.

Someone who is more of a recognised striker is a must at some point if we are serious about winning trophies. Obviously the hardest position to buy in but we have to get someone who fits that mould. Obviously has to be the right player but where is the goals coming from in this team? This season? We needed a striker last summer. We still need one. Nkunku and Felix aren’t strikers. Fofana is a CF but is he ready? 

This narrative of a false nine working for other teams, so that is the answer for us as well, is stupid. We were at our best when we had a vocal point (Drogba, Costa, etc) on both fronts.

I just have a feeling Fofana will ultimately ply his trade out wide (I have no idea if he'll be giving that chance here), so we need someone lined up for the long haul.

I'll just leave this here -

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is excruciating 🤣🤣🤣

Probably our most important signing since Fabregas/Costa and Benfica are just dragging us along and being assholes. 

Imagine being @TheHulk refresh button 😂🤣

The conflicting reports about the structure of the deal is what’s giving me doubts still. If we offer to pay a massive chunk of the fee up front I think this gets done. But some reporters suggesting we’re trying to break this deal up into 3-5 installments I don’t think Benfica will go for.

They need cover for their angry fan base who will be pissed off that they’re selling their star player in the midst of a tight title race. If Rui Costa can say to them “the player really pushed to go and we got such a massive offer we couldn’t refuse it,” they’ll be more understanding.

If they get some small amount payed every summer for 5 years it just doesn’t hit the same.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The conflicting reports about the structure of the deal is what’s giving me doubts still. If we offer to pay a massive chunk of the fee up front I think this gets done. But some reporters suggesting we’re trying to break this deal up into 3-5 installments I don’t think Benfica will go for.

They need cover for their angry fan base who will be pissed off that they’re selling their star player in the midst of a tight title race. If Rui Costa can say to them “the player really pushed to go and we got such a massive offer we couldn’t refuse it,” they’ll be more understanding.

If they get some small amount payed every summer for 5 years it just doesn’t hit the same.

Is there any conflicting reports?

Top sources in Argentina and England (César Luis Merlo and Matt Law) are saying the offer contains one larger payment up front plus five smaller installments for a total of £105M/€120M. Matt Law also says the offer 'has left some room for negotiations' so some small changes are probably still possible but either way the club don't seem to want to pay it in one big installment up front so if that's what Benfica insist on then it probably won't happen.

Edited by Jype

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

Is there any conflicting reports?

Top sources in Argentina and England (César Luis Merlo and Matt Law) are saying the offer contains one larger payment up front plus five smaller installments for a total of £105M/€120M. Matt Law also says the offer 'has left some room for negotiations' so some small changes are probably still possible but either way the club don't seem to want to pay it in one big installment up front so if that's what Benfica insist on then it probably won't happen.

I see. That makes more sense. I thought the 5 installments was like a bunch of chunks spread over years. A huge portion up front with small installments later is more likely.

Tell them £50m all in one go and he’s there’s. I like Conor and think he’ll be a solid PL midfielder for 10 years but he’s not the top class players we had all hoped he’d become.

Would be sensational business if the club can get £45-50m for a player who struggles for minutes and probably doesn’t get any minutes when all our midfielders are fit.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tell them £50m all in one go and he’s there’s. I like Conor and think he’ll be a solid PL midfielder for 10 years but he’s not the top class players we had all hoped he’d become.

Would be sensational business if the club can get £45-50m for a player who struggles for minutes and probably doesn’t get any minutes when all our midfielders are fit.

If we somehow manage to get £50m off Conor Gallagher whilst doing all of this transfer business in January, Vivell makes Marina look like a fucking shrimp.