Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We fans never really know how much money we have. Who knows how we pay and receive all the money from transfers. For example Roma paid only 5m from 40m so far for Tammy. 

what a shit deal given inflation. 40m was hardly a tall order and we let them split it. Poor business.

16 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Even if sign Enzo and Caicedo we are not winning anything. We have Kante, Jorgi, Kova, Zakaria, RLC and you can add Chukwuemeka Gallagher and Mount for 2 to 3 positions on the pitch. How can you build a new squad with 40 players. We should get Gusto before United if possible, but that is that. Wait until the summer to sell/release players and start from scratch.

If GP wants to start playing with a lone DM we can try Zakaria/Kante or even Chalobah there for the rest of the players to start getting used to it and buy the new guy in the summer.

zakaria has been very good  every time he's played before he got injured. 

mobile & decent on the ball & no big mistakes. 

can't see why we'd look elsewhere for megabucks before giving the lad a good opportunity 🤷‍♂️

otherwise why bother paying for youth. There's a top player there 👍

6 hours ago, Bumtrubbler said:

zakaria has been very good  every time he's played before he got injured. 

mobile & decent on the ball & no big mistakes. 

can't see why we'd look elsewhere for megabucks before giving the lad a good opportunity 🤷‍♂️

otherwise why bother paying for youth. There's a top player there 👍

Agree 100%. Big Zak looks a proper unit when he's been fit. If the injury isn't too bad he's exactly what we need. Could get him relatively cheap too

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

I never claimed to be a know it all, all I do is really follow the transfer market and look out for targets, and not just during window time

no idea why you are having a go at me over my simply doing a lot of research into something that interests me

No its more the fact the original context was meant in a wider sense yet you took it as if it was personal. As if to say “no you are wrong, I posted about Mudryck in September, look *quote from date XX/YY/ZZZZ*” when I meant our fanbase as a whole in regards to not really wanting/discussing/wishing about signing the player in the summer or even remotely in the run up to January until it came very much apparent we were interested…. 

But if you want to take it personally again then ok. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Agree 100%. Big Zak looks a proper unit when he's been fit. If the injury isn't too bad he's exactly what we need. Could get him relatively cheap too

I would take Zakaria all day over

Edson Álvarez  
Ibrahim Sangaré
Wilfred Ndidi     
Sander Berge 

Would be very strange if they immediately rejected £55m from us only to accept just £5m more form Arse. But I don’t think we should go any higher. He’s not worth this sort of money in my opinion.

Be a good signing for either of us but I think we can get someone as good or better for cheaper.

Paying Enzo’s release clause at the last minute seems extraordinarily unlikely. And it would probably permanently destroy our relationship with Benfica if our club cares about that sort of thing. Taking their best player with no time to replace him when they’re in the midst of a very tight title race? Seems impossible at this late stage.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Would be very strange if they immediately rejected £55m from us only to accept just £5m more form Arse. But I don’t think we should go any higher. He’s not worth this sort of money in my opinion.

Be a good signing for either of us but I think we can get someone as good or better for cheaper.

I feel up to 70 million is fair for Caicedo considering what we paid for Cucurella.    

Arsenal would actually be getting good value if Brighton accept their bid, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least match Arsenal's bid considering Potter was keen on Caicedo.