Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

No, anything from Tier 2 and 1 is worth reading, below that is utterly trash. We will see in the next days if they are right or not.

Worth reading, yes, not necessarily worth believing or even more so, making up your own rumours based off these rumours...

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

wait, NOW you are flipping the order

your first comment said that we are looking at Thuram because Moukoko doesn't want to come to us as we are a mess

here it is again:

52785e302d97b0ebedcd21e3b697db8d.png

NOW

you are saying that Moukoko is seeing us chase Thuram and THAT is the reason he doesn't want to come

which one is it?????

My English is not that good but what I meant is if we are reportedly looking at Thuram, maybe just maybe the talks with Moukoko didn't go so good, why else would Chelsea look at bringing Thuram now, one week after the market was open. Boehly and the rest already knew Thuram was gonna be in his last 6 month of his contract long before why the interest now and not in December to get everything  in as early as possible.

If Thuram or another striker signs, I see no reason to believe Moukoko will sign as well, why would he if he wants to play regular, also would be pointless to sign 2 young strikers and loan both of them. When I saw the Moukoko stuff I thought we'd plan on buying him for the first team so these Thuram stuff if true I doubt it means we get both.

10 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Worth reading, yes, not necessarily worth believing or even more so, making up your own rumours based off these rumours...

But I like discussing and making theories on these stuff even if I'm wrong, no need to take me serious and yes most is because I'm bitter of what happened with Enzo.

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

But I like discussing and making theories on these stuff even if I'm wrong, no need to take me serious and yes most is because I'm bitter of what happened with Enzo.

That's fair enough, you just need to present it that way rather than putting it factually otherwise you'll find yourself in a situation like this.

44 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

My English is not that good but what I meant is if we are reportedly looking at Thuram, maybe just maybe the talks with Moukoko didn't go so good, why else would Chelsea look at bringing Thuram now, one week after the market was open. Boehly and the rest already knew Thuram was gonna be in his last 6 month of his contract long before why the interest now and not in December to get everything  in as early as possible.

If Thuram or another striker signs, I see no reason to believe Moukoko will sign as well, why would he if he wants to play regular, also would be pointless to sign 2 young strikers and loan both of them. When I saw the Moukoko stuff I thought we'd plan on buying him for the first team so these Thuram stuff if true I doubt it means we get both.

oki

and the second one is believable

if I was Moukoko and saw us buy Thuram I would be pissed off IF I wanted to come to Chels before that

my whole issue was that I thought you had some news that Moukoko had fucked us off, said, nah, pass on your club

At this point I’m well past caring about the rest of this season. I’m already looking towards next season with positivity. 

If we can bring in someone in January that helps us in the rest of our Champions League run then great. If not, whatever. Top 4 is long gone. May as well start Chukwameka & Hutchinson the rest of the way to get them experience. They might be impressive enough given regular starts that they’ll save us money come the summer.

reports @marcoconterio

.Celtic full-back Josip Juranovic is now edging closer to moving to Serie A newboys Monza this month.

It was reported recently that Monza made contact with the entourage of Juranovic recently and Celtic’s asking price of about €8 million was also revealed.

https:upo//www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2023/celtics-josip-juranovic-inches-towards-serie-a-switch/

an RV alternative then falls away.
so there is only:

Malo Gusto unfortunately still injured until mid/end of Jan.

Pedro Porro is only available for 45 million (AK) and Spurs are also very keen on him.

Dumfries not my choice, too expensive, Inter wants 50 million euros.

Frimpong would be the best option available at the moment and would help us immediately. 25-35 million euros

Maehle wants to move to Juventus, which could happen in the winter or summer at the latest.

Walker-Peters no thanks

Wildcard option Iván Fresneda has had a great season in LaLiga so far.

Translated with DeepL

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

At this point I’m well past caring about the rest of this season. I’m already looking towards next season with positivity. 

If we can bring in someone in January that helps us in the rest of our Champions League run then great. If not, whatever. Top 4 is long gone. May as well start Chukwameka & Hutchinson the rest of the way to get them experience. They might be impressive enough given regular starts that they’ll save us money come the summer.

Not going to lie just abandoning the second half of the season just because top 4 is highly unlikely would be stupid as fuck. It would also ultimately seal GPs fate as he will undoubtedly get sacked if we don’t make a push for European football of some sort ie. top 6/7 (can’t believe I am typing this as top 4 should be the realistic target). 

With another coach of a higher experience at this level I think the season could be salvaged but with GP, unfortunately, I think it’s incredibly unlikely. He is far too naive. The pressure is on him and I think that last presser where he said ‘the presses questions were stupid but he has to answer them’ shows how incredibly naive he is at this level. Not to mention the players mentality and work ethic under him in games. If Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel, Ancelotti or any other manager got asked those same set of questions, I guarantee they wouldn’t of come out with such a babyish response. 

He cannot just afford to go ok lets play the kids every week and not try and establish his philosophy and tactics with the first team players he likes because whatever he’s been doing so far, it hasn’t really worked and I am not fully buying this injuries being the only reason. Plus recruiting is going to be a disaster with no European football and a manager who is looking more and more out of his depth. 

Plus putting too much responsibility or pressure on Hutchison and Chukwameka so soon and expecting them to “save us money in the summer” would also be idiotic. They’re still young and highly inexperienced as professional footballers. They haven’t accumulated the experience Mount, James, Tammy, Tomori etc did at lower levels/playing games. We’ve all seen how boys like McEachran and even Hudson-Odoi have played out in recent times. Personally, although it may not of seemed that way in the past, Foden at City in recent times has been the best example of a player from an academy going straight into their first 11 without a loan. He played sporadically then built up, and now he is 1) experienced enough and 2) mentally ready to be relied on heavily. 

17 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

no top player in their right mind will want to join this mess of a club right now

Yup. It seems to me that the only players who end up coming here only do so for the massive contract and what I'm assuming is a relaxed atmosphere at Cobham where a player can kick back and play a little table tennis or foosball followed by a leisurely swim or round of football-basketball. Players with real sporting ambition don't go to Chelsea.

I wouldn't be so worried about the players; Salary sweetens the deal and let's be clear - players nowadays are not ambitious types, who are willing to fight for the place in their new club. The dumpster fire here may actually be an advantage, as they will be quite certain they are getting game time. If only we had some player figure or a manager who people want to work with, I wouldn't worry at all, even for top targets.