Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I don't know how people have any confidence in the Boehly, Eghbali regime? The Badiashile interest is an admission from the people in charge that they got the CB search terribly wrong in the summer.

I seriously hope the recruits like Vivell, Shields know more than whoever was advising Eghbali, Boehly till now. There is a real chance we'll end up with a squad that looks like a Football Manager save with an inexperienced manager.

or maybe the interest is to future proof our squad for next season? 

The fact that we're relying on 40 year Thiago Silva to keep our defense in shape is pretty shocking for a club that should be in the race for top 4 in the Premier League. 

The Monaco CB, Fofana, Colwill, Chalobah is a solid & relatively young rotation of CB's to choose from moving forward.  Pair that with a proper ball winner in midfield and there is some positives to look forward to. 

Funny how we seem to be into buying wonderkids everyone was after 3 years ago, just as unproven and undeveloped, yet thrice the price lol. But likes of (new) Fofana may be a sign of good change here.

Edited by Vegetable

We simply need players that fit the bill with the occasional wonder signing. You can't win all the big signings. 

Look at Akanji and Grealish for City. Not some wonder signings IMO - but they fit their team nicely. Liverpool has done the same. You all sit her and talk about underrated signing and what a find for other teams, but when we do it - complain because it wasn't the biggest name. 

The Fofana signing upfront looks brilliant. One thing we never seem to have had since the is robust players IMO. What I mean by that is players that have a bit of everything in terms of skill, pace and physicality. I feel like we are building a team full of it now - or trying to. Fofana (new), RJ, Nkunku, Kova and Cucu to a lesser extent all fit that build. We need someone to replace Kante in a similar vein and it is a really good start to being a quick and powerful team. 

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

we cocked it all up when Marina said Tchou was not ready 2 years ago

Rice is not in his league and has regressed

we should have sold Kante and purchased Tchou right after we won the CL in 2021, his value was still fairly high then 

we could have gotten close to double for Kante what Tchou would have cost then and Kante was already exhibiting injuries in the 2019/20 season

the writing was on the wall

#facts

dd334c41518c2eaffad36fe005dc8d35.png8352fa9ea52a3a501130de08e5409be4.png

Yeah but we didn't, so that's that, this thread is quickly becoming "Who we Should of signed" getting boring as fuck to read, and it's just a circle of shit posts, that have been saying the same thing for years just worded differently.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm still baffled we bought KK 5 years too late and gave him the contract we did.

I guess because the thinking was, look we got Thiago Silva old and he has been good. Maybe the same with KK.

No reason to fault those that thought because Silva has defied the odds. But as you at it, those are the exceptions then the norm. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

We simply need players that fit the bill with the occasional wonder signing. You can't win all the big signings. 

Look at Akanji and Grealish for City. Not some wonder signings IMO - but they fit their team nicely. Liverpool has done the same. You all sit her and talk about underrated signing and what a find for other teams, but when we do it - complain because it wasn't the biggest name. 

The Fofana signing upfront looks brilliant. One thing we never seem to have had since the is robust players IMO. What I mean by that is players that have a bit of everything in terms of skill, pace and physicality. I feel like we are building a team full of it now - or trying to. Fofana (new), RJ, Nkunku, Kova and Cucu to a lesser extent all fit that build. We need someone to replace Kante in a similar vein and it is a really good start to being a quick and powerful team. 

I don't agree with all of your examples but I definitely agree with your point.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yeah but we didn't, so that's that, this thread is quickly becoming "Who we Should of signed" getting boring as fuck to read, and it's just a circle of shit posts, that have been saying the same thing for years just worded differently.

In any case Marina didn't say that Tchou was not ready 2 years ago.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Watched a bunch of Badiashile footage just now. I just can’t escape the thought that he will struggle in the PL. Not in a physical sense but in dealing with quick, skillful attackers. For a left sided CB who will be asked to be in open space a lot he looks extremely slow. Like a big, lumbering beast of a defender rather than a quick and technical one.

Yes, Koulibaly has struggled for consistency since arriving but he has shown that his recovery pace and quickness I still there in flashes. He just needs to find his form and I think he’ll be a good signing still. Badiashile would scare me against the likes of Salah, Saka, and the wealth of other super dangerous wide players. They’ll roast him for pace.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Watched a bunch of Badiashile footage just now. I just can’t escape the thought that he will struggle in the PL. Not in a physical sense but in dealing with quick, skillful attackers. For a left sided CB who will be asked to be in open space a lot he looks extremely slow. Like a big, lumbering beast of a defender rather than a quick and technical one.

Yes, Koulibaly has struggled for consistency since arriving but he has shown that his recovery pace and quickness I still there in flashes. He just needs to find his form and I think he’ll be a good signing still. Badiashile would scare me against the likes of Salah, Saka, and the wealth of other super dangerous wide players. They’ll roast him for pace.

100% a Stewart signing. 

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

That's your take, your apparent problem. Sorry I cannot help you with that.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He doesn't even look that slow. Anyways the art of defending is about positioning .... those defenders who rely on pace are those who don't position themselves properly.