Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So what happens when Kante, Kova, Jorginho, and CG are all fit and we have a new €50m midfielder who is a pure DM?

Kante may never be dominate again. Jorgi and CG really dont provide a lot of cover for the back three. If he is a pure destroyer, he will be paired with Kova or Jorgi. 

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ornstein corroborating now. Jesus.

Will this kill our interest in Rice next summer? We won’t need two hugely expensive DM’s.

Good squads are built like Noah’s ark 2 by 2. Alvarez be a decent option to have mostly on the bench for Rice and can fill in at the back.and help us out in the meantime. Getting Fofana makes us much more flexible with formations but we badly missing a DM and i’d prefer us pay 40m to get one now rather than waiting on Rice before we can challenge for silverware again.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is not very athletic

so makes no sense, as that is a big issue with Jorginho

I do not like this at all

I don't think he's as lacking as Jorginho athletically, but what he does make up for in that regard is size and stature, he'd bring a presence to the midfield. Think the likes of Matic and Mikel in that regard. He'd certainly stop us being bullied in midfield which we seem to do so with more and more alarming regularity.

Like I said before though, my biggest worry would be on the ball for him. Whatever we all say and think about Jorginho and his role in the team, he has no problem receiving the ball in tight spaces to allow the team to play out from the back and contend against a press. Alvarez won't offer that and would require someone alongside him to offer that (Kovacic for example) or rely heavier on the centre backs to play out from the back which in fairness to Silva, Koulibaly and also now with Fofana I think they are capable of doing.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Jorginho and Alvarez as a pivot makes me sob in anguish at the thought

Now we got Fofana i think we’ll (atleast we should) see more 4-3-3 opens up options of Mount and Gallagher doing good in the 3.

we basically been running with formations that have suited our CB’s but hinders our CM’s.