Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Club to Tuchel, "we couldn't get any of your striker targets except Lukaku -- please talk to him and his manager to see if there is interest."

Lukaku will say Tuchel convinced him of something only footballers say, while in reality the money (and Luakaku's agent) did all the convincing needed. 😉

9 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

One of the reasons i would not mind us sacking him right now. Buying gordon and auba for 85m combined, we will be (are) the laughing stock. The new manager will need to use this dross for a season before discarding them through the loan system and us cribbing about our bloated squad. 

Unbelievable how shit we look on and off the field.

we are not going to sack tuchel now, ffs

Funny how the tables turn here, from wishes to secure Tuchel for next decade to wanting to sack him after sloppy stint, that surely has more causes than TT himself and reminds nothing of situations when he was sacked from PSG and Dortmund. This is not FIFA and huge club doesn't actually rebuild, replace entire squad and do a 180 flip in philiosophy and business operations in a day, by decision of a single person.

Easy to speak after time, but on a sidenote, I guess if Marina fired up her computer and only followed a general sentiment in this thread when hiring any personnel, we would probably be around bottom of National League, bankrupted seven times by now. I know most football fans has a short fuse, but damn, some folks should take a deeper breath sometimes <;   

Edited by Vegetable

14 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Funny how the tables turn here, from wishes to secure Tuchel for next decade to wanting to sack him after sloppy stint

Not the same people who said that to be fair.

Really baffles me how someone can think any available manager would do significantly better with this squad than Tuchel. For me he's earned himself enough credit in the bank to continue his squad building and see how it goes. Only thing that would make me change my mind on whether he's the right man for us would be a meltdown like Mourinho 2015 or downing tools like Conte 2018.

Edited by Jype

2 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Hard to fight a nice story mate. People have build up narratives around TT and Lukaku. Literally absolved TT of any and all blame. 

Or people have built up the narrative TT is the only person to blame, all depends which side of the nut house window your looking through.

14 hours ago, Kong said:

Werner has been an absolute flopp here no q can deny that a CF that doesn't score isn't worth keeping.

Lukaku 8 goals for 100m (the only 1 on this list TT was in charge we signed)

Puli really? His injury stat is his most impressive here

Cho this useless cunt should of been sold when BM come knocking.

Ziyech has done absolutely fuck all since he's been here aswell.

every signing save for Werner I was against (and Werner was not my preferred CF ever, but I at least expected him to be able to hit the side of a barn)

plus I wanted to sell CHO to the Bavarian cow milkers for their £40m bid

I got so much stick for calling Puli a Bruce Buck special marketing gimmick

did my typical long post with stats showing he was not a scorer and likely would not become one here

I lost my shit when we did not move for Vlahovic or Osimhen over Donkeylukaka

I do not trust dutch league players not named de Ligt or De Jongand reckned ziyech would not only be a bust, but we bought him when he was too old and when he flopped we would take an even bigger piss bath

I said all along that Håaland and Mbappe were forever pipe dreams, broke down the money involved for Håland and showed that it would destroy us and we still would not win the league last year (I fully still believe that)

and I was warning for ages about Rudiger contract, long before the ass sniffer press started to bay like poodles with worms

and not just his, everyone knows I have been raging for ages (I lost my SHIT when we did not sell Snake when we still had leverage and time, and that was before I even joined here) about Matina's shit contractual management

I also warned about the blowback from the 2018 Skripal poisonings that we were in dire straights eventually of having the club seized from Roman due to his Putin connections

I wish to fuck I was dead wrong on everything, but alas, I have become Cassandra in blue

(Cassandra was a Trojan priestess dedicated to the god Apollo and fated by him to utter true prophecies but never to be believed

ironically Cassandra was raped by Ajax The Lesser for her troubles (she sussed out the Trojan Horse, but of course was not believed) although Athena and Poseidon killed Ajax (whose body washed up on Mykonos, so party party, lolol)

Cassandra and Ajax

800px-Solomon_Ajax_and_Cassandra.jpg

Edited by Vesper

Btw, have Leicester even signed anyone yet? They’ve had a horrible start to the season, have signed no one, and I’ve seen LOTS of their supporters saying that Rodgers has grown stale and should go. Add to that the fact that reports have suggested the club is in really poor financial shape. And yet they still reject £70m from us? Kind of incredible.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There's plenty to back it up, actually. This is something I've mentioned on multiple occasions and don't have the urge to repeat the same things.

I'll just say this - Tuchel (in your opinion of how things work) went for Haaland from the get go, but the club was ultimately priced out of any potential transfer; he then decided to go left field & went for someone with a less than stellar past in the EPL.

Please answer that conundrum so I have a clearer picture of the ins and outs.

Club and Tuchel both wanted Haaland for sure, I have no doubts about that. I wanted nothing to do with Lukaku, but a good majority fans still wanted him here. The media overwhelmingly backed him to be a success. 

This narrative that he was forced on him, is only because he was a complete bust. Haaland and Lukaku were viewed the top strikers available, they couldn’t get Haaland so they want out to get the next available option for Tuchel because signing a striker was priority for him. 

39 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Club and Tuchel both wanted Haaland for sure, I have no doubts about that. I wanted nothing to do with Lukaku, but a good majority fans still wanted him here. The media overwhelmingly backed him to be a success. 

This narrative that he was forced on him, is only because he was a complete bust. Haaland and Lukaku were viewed the top strikers available, they couldn’t get Haaland so they want out to get the next available option for Tuchel because signing a striker was priority for him. 

I disagree with the overall notion here, but that's opinions.

I feel somewhat more strongly about is having both Haaland and Lukaku in the same sentence. 😉 

4 hours ago, Jype said:

Looks like a loan to Bayer Leverkusen for CHO. Should be good move for the lad himself, interesting to see how he does in the Bundesliga.

His pathway will be blocked by Nkunku or Leao next season. With only 2 years left in his contract, CHO should just leave permanently. 

Edited by Blues Forever