Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, lucio said:

This cart horse has no business playing in the CL or WC. Embarrassing 

Yeah, I don’t think he’s got any chance at all of making the WC squad. Unless he goes on a rampage in a Chelsea shirt and scores like 10 goals before the tournament starts which ain’t happening. Southgate loves sticking with his favorites anyways despite form.

34 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

One of the reasons i would not mind us sacking him right now. Buying gordon and auba for 85m combined, we will be (are) the laughing stock. The new manager will need to use this dross for a season before discarding them through the loan system and us cribbing about our bloated squad. 

Unbelievable how shit we look on and off the field.

And who would the new manager be? 🤡

14 minutes ago, Kong said:

The fact ppl are already calling for TT to be sacked is typical Chelsea/fan mentality, it's the whole reason we are where we are. One manager spends a shed load on players to suit his style, then sacked! Another manager does the same..... and sacked! Leaving us with a complete mix match of players for different manager styles therefore leading us to spend more money on signings and endless shit continues. Can we for once finishing the fucking jigsaw puzzle, rather than looking at another half finished mess.

Agreed but 60m for Gordon???

That is a little bit embarrassing bro.

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

Someone who doesn’t play with 7 defenders vs Watford at home 

The formation isn't the problem its the players init that are. James is wasted as a RCB he's our best right attacking threat, kante is missed so much because he's the DMF while also playing as a AMF when attacking. Jorgi just isn't built for this system and we need a pure ball playing number 9. Thr whole point of this formation when you have the right players is defend as 5 or 6 but attacking as 10, hence the reason we want ball playing CBs so they can sit on that half way line and dictate play.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

I dont want gordon  here as much as the next bloke, but even more I don't want another mix match pick n mix team either. So either way I lose.

5 minutes ago, Kong said:

The formation isn't the problem its the players init that are. James is wasted as a RCB he's our best right attacking threat, kante is missed so much because he's the DMF while also playing as a AMF when attacking. Jorgi just isn't built for this system and we need a pure ball playing number 9. Thr whole point of this formation when you have the right players is defend as 5 or 6 but attacking as 10, hence the reason we want ball playing CBs so they can sit on that half way line and dictate play.

If we don’t have the players for the formation, then the formation is the problem too. No one is forcing tuchel to play a formation which doesn’t work. He should be more inventive 

31 minutes ago, Sovieticus said:

And who would the new manager be? 🤡

Anyone who thinks that a 33 year old auba, an unproven and mediocre at best Gordon is not the answer to our issues. Anyone who has the basic sense to see that we needed a DM before spending all the money on foolish buys. 🤡

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Leave that aside. The same manager bought 100m Lukaku to be his strike man, and instead of replacing him with a similar mold of player, he is replacing him with auba. 

Are they 2 even similar from any pov? 

The poster you quoted is saying that the manager needs to buy "players that suit his formation and style". What exactly the fuck is that? He goes from a flat track bully to a pace merchant within a season. Looks like TT's simply got a case of "buy me some new shiny toys". Nothing else. I doubt gordon, auba fit his "mold". But well, supposedly they are better than Werner, Lukaku, Puli, cho and ziyech. Great call by TT.

27 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Leave that aside. The same manager bought 100m Lukaku to be his strike man, and instead of replacing him with a similar mold of player, he is replacing him with auba. 

Are they 2 even similar from any pov? 

Well seeing as how horribly wrong the Lukaku transfer went and how much of a misfit to the game system he turned out to be, doesn't it make sense to at least try with a different kind of striker rather than double down on the previous mistake and getting another similar type of striker?

And that's not me saying I think Auba is an ideal solution but Lukaku or someone similar to him sure as hell isn't either.

From all reports, it seems as if TT was not onboard with the Lukaku signing... 

Raphina, Sterling, Gordon, Auba, Leao, etc... All the forward players we seem to want or got are great at pressing and putting some pressure on. 

KK, Fofana, Kounde, De Ligt, etc... All defenders who are great at playing the ball out and distributing the ball. 

Let him build the damn team. He came in and won a CL after half a season of making players fit. He then had a season where we were banned from transfers or contact to other teams to even spend money due to sanctions. You guys are munted if you think anyone could do a better job given the circumstances. 

He has a pretty clear vision if you look at the players he is trying to get. We clearly need a goalscorer and a DM. We can't get it all sorted in one transfer window unfortunately. I'm guessing the plan is Rice next year. Get a stop gap forward like Auba for this coming season to at least compete, etc. 

Next year will be the one where we are fully locked and loaded. Only fair to give the man some time to build his team. Try and be a team that wins the cups. We aren't loaded enough atm to be consistent over the course of a season, but we can compete in cups. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Well seeing as how horribly wrong the Lukaku transfer went and how much of a misfit to the game system he turned out to be, doesn't it make sense to at least try with a different kind of striker rather than double down on the previous mistake and getting another similar type of striker?

And that's not me saying I think Auba is an ideal solution but Lukaku or someone similar to him sure as hell isn't either.

My point was on the poster who claimed that the manager needs time to get the type of players he wants.

My point is simply Does the manager have any clue what he wants and what can work?

Last season there was a 3 striker shortlist going on: haaland, Lukaku, Kane. Each of them is as different as they can possibly be. Again, is their a method to his buying? I don't see it. I don't think he is buying auba because of his game style, he is simply buying auba because he was an ex player and thinks he can roll back time. 

I did not like jorgi from day1, always thought he was a misfit for PL. But atleast you could see what sarri WANTED to do. Why jorgi of all players available was bought by him.

With TT it's as random as it can be. It's bordering on nonsensical.

2 hours ago, lucio said:

If we don’t have the players for the formation, then the formation is the problem too. No one is forcing tuchel to play a formation which doesn’t work. He should be more inventive 

Problem is with that is its far to easy to sit here and say 4 at the back is better. We don't train these guys we only see then in league play. We have played 3 at the back since conte pretty much so all these players were signed for a 3 at the back system just used in different ways. What makes you think these players can play a back 4 any better than a back 3? Changing to a back 4 is not a miracle answer it won't just suddenly click, we have to then go back into the market for players of that system etc etc. The way we played against Tottenham was brilliant we just lacked attacking threat with not having a true number 9. Against Leeds we didn't have a DMF if kante was fit that game wouldn't of been 3-0, we are in a situation where we NEED a DMF a CF and a CB. Also ppl on here asking for potter as new manager? He also plays 3ATB 

Edited by Kong

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

My point was on the poster who claimed that the manager needs time to get the type of players he wants.

My point is simply Does the manager have any clue what he wants and what can work?

Last season there was a 3 striker shortlist going on: haaland, Lukaku, Kane. Each of them is as different as they can possibly be. Again, is their a method to his buying? I don't see it. I don't think he is buying auba because of his game style, he is simply buying auba because he was an ex player and thinks he can roll back time. 

I did not like jorgi from day1, always thought he was a misfit for PL. But atleast you could see what sarri WANTED to do. Why jorgi of all players available was bought by him.

With TT it's as random as it can be. It's bordering on nonsensical.

There is a massive difference in knowing what you want and actually been able to get what you want. Never I a million years was we EVER going to get Haaland we also would NEVER get kane. Some of you don't believe that the sanctions fucked us way harder than we thought, other teams had months of negotiations on us, we didn't even no if we could pay for the damn bus to get players to games never mind summer transfers!! Now we are picking dreggs up to survive for another season in the top 4. Be as harsh on TT as you like no other top manager has had to go through what he has this year. Auba deffo not TTs first choice CF, and I highly doubt KK was his first choice CB either. And before ppl start saying KK was its his first choice target blah blah blah, what eles is he meant to say well we wanted 4 others but fuck it we settled with him? Never gunna happen.

2 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

supposedly they are better than Werner, Lukaku, Puli, cho and ziyech. Great call by TT.

Werner has been an absolute flopp here no q can deny that a CF that doesn't score isn't worth keeping.

Lukaku 8 goals for 100m (the only 1 on this list TT was in charge we signed)

Puli really? His injury stat is his most impressive here

Cho this useless cunt should of been sold when BM come knocking.

Ziyech has done absolutely fuck all since he's been here aswell.

3 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Anyone who thinks that a 33 year old auba, an unproven and mediocre at best Gordon is not the answer to our issues. Anyone who has the basic sense to see that we needed a DM before spending all the money on foolish buys. 🤡

So basically dodging the question.

I'm all for Tuchel to be questioned and criticised, and I'm pro for sticking with him. But he's not bullet proof, no one is.

But when you're spamming this forum with constant moaning and negativity but offering absolutely nothing by way of solutions, alternatives, etc you'll very quickly find you'll just end up being ignored for the most part.