Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 hours ago, Stats said:

Ironically, when both him and James were in our youth teams, James would play RCB often and Sterling RWB and he was very good offensively for the youth teams. Chipped in with a few goals. I remember when both went out on loan, I was surprised James went on loan to a Championship team and Sterling went on loan to a League 1 team because Sterling is physically built also. But he has not really kicked on. Injuries have not helped either.

I think it is just a phase in his career before his breakthrough.

🚨 Nathan Ake staying at Manchester City. Chelsea showed a strong interest but #MCFC would only sell if valuation met. That hasn’t happened & mutual decision taken for 27yo Dutch defender to remain & play key part in Pep Guardiola plans @TheAthleticUK #CFC https://t.co/Ehz9VbBNpg

😍

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Think it's safe to see why Kimpembe rumours are now heating up.

This might very well still suggest also we only sign one more defender and Colwill stays within the squad.

reece james backup probably

but I would like to sell emerson and buy a proper back up to chilwell as well 

Brilliant news, really. Aké made no sense at that price and isn’t good enough to be an every match starter for Chelsea.

I don’t think Kimpembe is anything special but he’s still better than Aké and would clearly be a handpicked Tuchel signing who he has worked with before. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Brilliant news, really. Aké made no sense at that price and isn’t good enough to be an every match starter for Chelsea.

I don’t think Kimpembe is anything special but he’s still better than Aké and would clearly be a handpicked Tuchel signing who he has worked with before. 

Reading this post was like a deja vu for me.

You don't right anything similiar a long time ago?

what a deja vu lol 

KK right, Silva center, Kimpembe left. Trev rotates on the right, if Silva gets injured KK slides into the center where he’s already very comfortable, and Colwill rotates on the left.

Now, we’d probably be in a bit of trouble if 2 of our starters get injured at the same time and I’m assuming that’s why we were after Kimpembe AND Aké. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

KK right, Silva center, Kimpembe left. Trev rotates on the right, if Silva gets injured KK slides into the center where he’s already very comfortable, and Colwill rotates on the left.

Now, we’d probably be in a bit of trouble if 2 of our starters get injured at the same time and I’m assuming that’s why we were after Kimpembe AND Aké. 

Reece could also help out, which makes it even more obvious we need RWB cover

10 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

If only De Ligt wasnt so gung ho about going to Bayern, he would have so many options to choose from to move but alas, he has chosen to challenge himself in the Bundesliga.

And also could end up staying at Juve if Bayern continue to lowball them.

Apprantly, Bayern can only buy De Ligt if they can get Barca to stump up €40m+ for Lewa. If that doesn't happen he may still be on the table. 

Imagine 

James De Ligt Silva K2 Chilly

That would probably be the best backline in world football. 

As for CB, good news that Ake is off the table. £40m was far too much. My hope now is that Kimpembe will also dissappear as an option and we just go for MDL or if not possible just role with Colwill. No need for a grade 2 CB.