Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Osimhens wages are insane for our current structure, it's one of the biggest bonuses of having these guys in, read on here that our average wage is 60k down from 200k, that's without getting rid of Rom, Chilly and Raheem (hopefully).

Guy has no self awareness, genuinely thinks he is a complete striker, I really hope we can ship him off to Saudi if he fails otherwise it's Lukaku all over again.

Edited by TheHulk

Hot and cold on VO.

He has something clearly - but it isn't that 100 mil type player something.

I think we've struck gold with Jackson, and now we're going to take away time on the field for him to grow some more. 

Osimhen's current weekly salary is
£ 211,231 (basic)
£ 42,180 (bonus)

I don't think Chelsea will take him for less than 200k a week.

It looks better for Joao Felix, who signed a new contract with Atletico Madrid on 13 January 2023 with a salary reduction of:
 £240,230 (base)

To:
Weekly
98,860 £ (base)
0 £ (bonus)

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Hot and cold on VO.

I think we've struck gold with Jackson, and now we're going to take away time on the field for him to grow some more. 

Yeah, VO seems like a slow moving car crash to me. I think he will come in and look ok, with people thinking he will develop/just needs to settle, but just get worse over time. 

Under absolutely no circumstances should this guy be on more than £120k a week under our current structure if that is what the guide for Fernandez and Caicedo is. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hot and cold on VO.

He's a player who's overall game isn't the greatest but get this man in the box and create a chance, he'll likely put it away. Almost complete opposites with he and Jackson. 

I think with Osimhen we know what we are getting. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Club is desperate to sell Gallagher and will do it for 10% of his worth and happily pay twice the asking price for player with no place in the team, that's what will happen I guess.  Who cares the whole "pRoFiT oN bOoKs" argument kinda falls down if he is gone for penauts.

Funny to think Marina had no real businness background yet managed to be way more effective, than business people of gigantic investment fund.

There is no bigger myth than Marina & that whole group being good, pretty awful actually and the criminality she oversaw is about to get us seriously punished too.

She oversaw us moving away from having perhaps the best squad in Europe to having a pretty mediocre one which could have some brief runs at trophies but never sustain us as a side challenging for PL every year in a serious way.

Sold two of the greatest footballers in modern times in Salah and De Bruyne.

Spent tonnes of money on utter wank too, but pre a lot of transfer inflation - she'd absolutely be doing the same stuff if she was still here.

Also handed out insane salaries to a bunch of terrible footballers that hindered us for years.

Total fraud and people remember her and the group that were running Chelsea in that period in a way that is very detached from reality.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, VO seems like a slow moving car crash to me. I think he will come in and look ok, with people thinking he will develop/just needs to settle, but just get worse over time. 

Under absolutely no circumstances should this guy be on more than £120k a week under our current structure if that is what the guide for Fernandez and Caicedo is. 

He is probably fully fully aware of that as well hence no budging on his wages demands or moving to our newer model of performance based contracts (VO).

52 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

There is no bigger myth than Marina & that whole group being good, pretty awful actually and the criminality she oversaw is about to get us seriously punished too.

She oversaw us moving away from having perhaps the best squad in Europe to having a pretty mediocre one which could have some brief runs at trophies but never sustain us as a side challenging for PL every year in a serious way.

Spent tonnes of money on utter wank too, but pre a lot of transfer inflation - she'd absolutely be doing the same stuff if she was still here.

Also handed out insane salaries to a bunch of terrible footballers that hindered us for years.

Total fraud and people remember her and the group that were running Chelsea in that period in a way that is very detached from reality.

Somebody show me evidence that Marina was making purchasing decisions. Then please show me evidence that she was deciding which players to sell. I have never seen any but it's never too late to learn if anyone knows of any. Responsibility for conducting the business side of the deals, yes. Culpability for illegal  transfer activity, undoubtedly. Responsibility for actions which took place before she joined the board, no chance.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Some of you are never happy lol. Acting like theres a Prime Aguero up for grabs somewhere else. Osimhen is the best thing available. Go get him.

Wages on par with Enzo/Caicedo and let's do it

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Some of you are never happy lol. Acting like theres a Prime Aguero up for grabs somewhere else. Osimhen is the best thing available. Go get him.

As an Osimhen skeptic I’m kind of coming around on him for one simple reason: I think he’d be a big help in those countless matches we’ve been in in recent seasons where we completely dominate lesser opponents but because they’re sitting deep and parking the bus we couldn’t break through. Those very kinds of matches cost us top 4 last season in hindsight.

With Osimhen being a beast in the air and a top penalty area finisher he could 100% help in those sorts of matches. I think he could feast against weaker opponents.

Whether he performs against the top half teams and other Big 6 teams is what I’m skeptical about.

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Somebody show me evidence that Marina was making purchasing decisions. Then please show me evidence that she was deciding which players to sell. I have never seen any but it's never too late to learn if anyone knows of any. Responsibility for conducting the business side of the deals, yes. Culpability for illegal  transfer activity, undoubtedly. Responsibility for actions which took place before she joined the board, no chance.

I think the problem is that Granny got made out to be some sort of Power Woman/Business Leader. So, if you brought into that then she must've been the person to sign-off on deals. 

Otherwise she was a patsy like you're making out. 

The problem with looking back her role is that she either had to be the one signing off or she was simply a puppet for whoever else was. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Marina wasn't the one taking the shots she was just selling/buying them. We lost Salah and Bruyne because of Mourinho and only him.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Whether he performs against the top half teams and other Big 6 teams is what I’m skeptical about.

What the team is lacking at this very moment is a strong CF presence that's dangerous inside the box. I think Osimhen would've saved a lot of dropped points last season. As far as big matches go, I think he's shown enough to be an absolute nuisance for defenders even when he isn't scoring. 

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think the problem is that Granny got made out to be some sort of Power Woman/Business Leader. So, if you brought into that then she must've been the person to sign-off on deals. 

Otherwise she was a patsy like you're making out. 

The problem with looking back her role is that she either had to be the one signing off or she was simply a puppet for whoever else was. 

Of course Marina was the one signing off on deals. Football staff can't sign the cheques. That would be ridiculous. If you think I said that she didn't then you misread my comment, or are failing to pay enough attention to the varying responsibilities of of different roles in a large company.