Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Another left footer? We can basically play a full XI of only goalkeepers and left footed attackers soon. Madness. 

also not sure if Neto for Madueke is too much of an upgrade given the injury record 

He can play all across the attack. I see him starting at LW personally. 

Just need to manage his load. Save him for PL only and use Sterling and Mudryk for Conference League and Cup matches. 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The difference is Clearlake are just the current custodians of our club. They, and all other clubs are fuck all without fans and they know it. 

I sometimes ask people what makes a professional footballer and, when I do, I mean it as a trick question. The answer is that it takes a contract with a club which people are prepared to pay to watch play. That's it. We are the ones who make the people who work in football professionals. It's hard to imagine Lionel Messi playing on a random local authority park somewhere, but that's where he'd be without us.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

BTW Madueke and Neto have roughly the same minimal number of goals in English football but Neto has played about a 100 games more. clownlake masterclass. 

One has played for Wolves since his time in the Prem.. a dogshit attacking side, literally carrying that team on his back whilst Madueke has played in a side that dominates possession and on average attacks more in the game than defending.

plus… im sure Neto has far more assists per game.

Edited by DDA

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

One has played for Wolves since his time in the Prem.. a dogshit attacking side, literally carrying that team on his back whilst Madueke has played in a side that dominates possession and on average attacks more in the game than defending.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've definitely seen him play left wing, albeit only on Match of The Day.

He's two footed. 

It's not the goals it's his technical ability with the ball. Low centre of gravity and a tidy dribbler in tight areas. He's perfect for that isolated winger role in Enzo's system. Can even play centrally too. 

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

If Neto stays fit, ooft a much better player than Madueke for me. That is if he can stay fit though.

Last 4 or 5 seasons is proof enough he can’t though. For whatever reason.

Definitely a talented boy though & maybe on second thoughts £54m for someone of that talent IF he was fit the whole time would be a good deal. 

Surely when we are considering buying a player their injury record isn’t considered though, we will be the first team ever to have a first 11 and 9 subs in the treatment room at this rate 🤣 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

He's two footed. 

It's not the goals it's his technical ability with the ball. Low centre of gravity and a tidy dribbler in tight areas. He's perfect for that isolated winger role in Enzo's system. Can even play centrally too. 

Just to be clear I like Neto. 🙂

Just now, DDA said:

I know but come on. Neto has been in PL basically forever. Madueke also has played for dogshit Eindhoven scoring vs Ac Milan in CL . Neto definitely has his qualities and I don’t mind him playing LW for us at all. but madueke is the more efficient goslscorer, so I just hope rumours of such an „upgrade“ are BS. 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

BTW Madueke and Neto have roughly the same minimal number of goals in English football but Neto has played about a 100 games more. clownlake masterclass. 

You'll never be happy about anything my man

Neto has more assists last year than Madueke has had in his entire career I think. They play quite differently though and personally I hope & expect we are keeping both.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just to be clear I like Neto. 🙂

Its in the public response about his lack of goals. It will be interesting to see how he does in a more progressive set up vs the counter attacking football that Wolves played. 

But again, his quality isn't goals its what he offers with the ball in tight areas that highlights his strengths. Two footed as well. 

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Neto's assists per minutes is only behind De Bruyne in the league. People flagging his lack of goalscoring should watch where he usually plays on the pitch. He's superb

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Petrovic had an average season. Most of his underlying numbers were among the worst for keepers. Not sure why he gets all this praise here. Between him and Sanchez, they've made the right call for Maresca's playing style

Not praising him. I also think he is average. I was just pointing out that Sanchez is worse and should be the first one sold but for some reason he is being spoken about as our No.1.