Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, mkh said:

Lesley Ugochukwu has not been selected in Thierry Henry's final France squad for the 2024 Olympic Games. He will now be at the disposal of #Chelsea.

[via @FabriceHawkins]

Good news

Chelsea have looked at Bournemouth's Milos Kerkez and Ajax's Jorrel Hato for the left-sided defender's role, reveals @JacobsBen 👀

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Maresca stuff is super weird indeed. I’ve been saying it for a while. It’s like we appointed him ages ago and then he disappeared into the void.

Then there’s the fact that we haven’t revealed our new shirts for the season and for the second year in a row we’re scrambling around trying to find a shirt sponsor. We used to reveal the new kit at the end of the previous season and wear it for the final match. Now it’s once again delayed for months while I assume we’re waiting for that sponsor.

Makes the club look really amateurish and clueless. Like we’re a super understaffed operation or something.

It was the same with Liverpool as well with slot, holidays etc first few days I am sure footage interviews will be released soon.

More Neil Bath News:

🗣️ @SkyKaveh: "Neil Bath approached Chelsea a few months ago and told him that he was considering leaving the club after 28 years. Now, I think the owners and everybody at the club wanted him to stay.

They recognize the incredible work that he's done at the club. And he's been responsible for bringing through a golden generation of players.

But I think Neil Bath made it clear that he wanted a break, he wanted a new challenge and the first thing he wants to do is to take a holiday."

1 minute ago, mkh said:

More Neil Bath News:

🗣️ @SkyKaveh: "Neil Bath approached Chelsea a few months ago and told him that he was considering leaving the club after 28 years. Now, I think the owners and everybody at the club wanted him to stay.

They recognize the incredible work that he's done at the club. And he's been responsible for bringing through a golden generation of players.

But I think Neil Bath made it clear that he wanted a break, he wanted a new challenge and the first thing he wants to do is to take a holiday."

Doesn't matter, people here will slander owners anyway

On the striker front, I do wonder if the search for another one now slides down the priority list for the time being and we revisit it later in the window after getting a look at Guiu for a few preseason games.

If he looks really comfortable straight away and doesn’t seem out of his depth then I can see us going into the season with Nico and Guiu as our two strikers and Nkunku as the emergency false 9.

We are playing against a few really big clubs in preseason, right? So we should get an idea pretty quickly if Guiu is up for it.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

On the striker front, I do wonder if the search for another one now slides down the priority list for the time being and we revisit it later in the window after getting a look at Guiu for a few preseason games.

If he looks really comfortable straight away and doesn’t seem out of his depth then I can see us going into the season with Nico and Guiu as our two strikers and Nkunku as the emergency false 9.

We are playing against a few really big clubs in preseason, right? So we should get an idea pretty quickly if Guiu is up for it.

Problem with the CF market is the lack of quality and rarity of CF's. People seem to have a hard on for David but for me he is a mid-table PL striker in that he is an OK finisher but he is woeful in the air and isn't clinical in the most important moments. 

Jackson for me, is also someone who deserves time. If we were playing in the CL maybe I could see the argument but if he shows the development that he did last season, next season, he will be fine as a CF1, even if not WC. 

Biggest single issue for me is GK, that is the area I would sort first, with Sanchez and Kepa being binned off. 

After that the quality and experience at CB concerns me. Fofana is probably perma injured, Disaster is, well, a Disaster, Tosin by the accounts of Fulham fans isn't that great at actually defending, Trevor looks like he is being pushed out, despite being our best RCB, imo and Badman is very inconsistent. Colwill is the only one I am confident can actually step up to the challenge if he stays fit and doesn't get played out of position again. 

Edited by King Kante

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem with the CF market is the lack of quality and rarity of CF's. People seem to have a hard on for David but for me he is a mid-table PL striker in that he is an OK finisher but he is woeful in the air and isn't clinical in the most important moments. 

Jackson for me, is also someone who deserves time. If we were playing in the CL maybe I could see the argument but if he shows the development that he did last season, next season, he will be fine as a CF1, even if not WC. 

Biggest single issue for me is GK, that is the area I would sort first, with Sanchez and Kepa being binned off. 

After that the quality and experience at CB concerns me. Fofana is probably perma injured, Disaster is, well, a Disaster, Tosin by the accounts of Fulham fans isn't that great at actually defending, Trevor looks like he is being pushed out, despite being our best RCB, imo and Badman is very inconsistent. Colwill is the only one I am confident can actually step up to the challenge if he stays fit and doesn't get played out of position again. 

I’m actually relatively relaxed about our defense for the time being. Getting Reece back and hopefully fit will help. Cucu seems to have made big progress. Colwill I expect to excel under Maresca. And despite what Fulham fans are saying about him being suspect at times, I think Tosin will also fit the way Maresca wants to play like a glove.

Plus, playing with 3 midfielders in the center of the pitch instead of 2 should be a massive help to our defense. Especially since we’ll likely have 2 of the 3 being super mobile and hard working at all times assuming Enzo is always a starter. Having Caicedo and Lavia or Caicedo and KDH in there should be huge.

Then we have to hope that our squad takes to this system and play style quickly. If Maresca is able to implement it smoothly we’ll have so much of the ball and our midfielders & attacking players will be hunting the ball so aggressively that our defense won’t be exposed as often. It was a hallmark of his Leicester team. Dominate the play with the ball and press aggressively to win it back when out of possession. This is what we need from our players.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

The real story is why they walked.

Especially when we are on the verge of closing the deals for some of the top 50 teenagers on the planet - Paez, Estevao, Anselmino, 

It's being suggested that Fraser has been forced out, and as a result Neil Bath felt his position untenable.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

CB position is very concercing, Badman last season was consistent - consistently terrible. And puting so much fate in Colwill, who showed nothing that guarantee he can be great CB this season is very risky.

6 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

CB position is very concercing, Badman last season was consistent - consistently terrible. And puting so much fate in Colwill, who showed nothing that guarantee he can be great CB this season is very risky.

I did say CB was a concern. 

4 hours ago, mkh said:

Chelsea have looked at Bournemouth's Milos Kerkez and Ajax's Jorrel Hato for the left-sided defender's role, reveals @JacobsBen 👀

Been following Kerkez's carreer, I believe he would be a good signing. At AZ, he scored and assisted quite a lot, az Bournemouth he has had more defensive role, and his numbers were great in the PL. However, he tends to have bad games where he completely loses the plot and seems distructed after making 1-2 small mistakes. Both in Bournemouth or and NT he was supped off in such games. Quite similar to Cucurella.